Puyo Puyo Tetris heads to Steam/PC

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Chary, Feb 6, 2018.

1. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Bought it on ps4 thinking I'd play it a lot. I didn't but bought it on Switch and played plenty.

2. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    What are the "other SEGA approved digital retailers"?

ediT:
    Also, I hope there will be mods. Graphic and music mods would be cool to spice things up after I've stared at them for too long. Specifically, I want a mod to replace Jay and Elle's voice with their Japanese voice but keep all the other voices in English. Not only is their voice terrible, but it feels like they're one of the most popular characters.

Edit 2:
    It's on Humble.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/puyo-puyo-tetris
    It just gives you a Steam key, though.

Last edited by MyLegGuy, Feb 7, 2018
  3. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    aww, now we can more easily mod the game

4. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    When Sega still insists on using Denuvo even though it gets cracked. Just stop already Sega.

5. Jixun.Moe

Jixun.Moe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    York
    Do we get Japanese voice over? Was kinda disappointed when I got the EU version :/

6. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    yes.

7. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    Probably some but I would guess very little in comparison:

Sega at least noted that denuvo was part of the deal on the steam page before release. So no backlash from not knowing from steam purchasers.

Less popular game; so less amount of backlash.

Also denuvo is problematic with creating game mods; something sonic retro genesis/megadrive fans are much more likely to be into. This game very few would want a mod; just the couple of people who might not like a voice over or something.

Still denuvo is not listed on the humble bundle selling page... so Sega is still not as open as they should be with customers. The humble store does tell you it's a steam key. So I guess if you were an astute customer you would just check steam's page before purchasing.

8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe the console updates will have japanese voice overs (DOUBTING) not that I need this but maybe. Hopefully more fun will come from this game. Very shocked not many people stream this on twitch. :unsure:

9. azul120

azul120 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2010
    United States
    Nice.

Though I wonder if being a Tetris licensed game means its days on Steam will be numbered. I anticipate Tetris Ultimate will be pulled due to the 1 Tetris game per digital platform rule, though no one will miss it.

What I'd really love to see is a TGM revival/localization. (There's that Twitter thing.)

Last edited by azul120, Feb 7, 2018
  10. sblast3

sblast3 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Despite being a longtime fan of the series, I cannot morally justify buying any Sega game on Steam after the PC launch of Sonic Mania. Stealth, Taxman, and the entire Sonic Retro community got completely screwed over.

At the absolute VERY least, they must remove Denuvo from Sonic Mania before I even consider buying another Sega game on Steam.
    I also refuse to pirate games that I want to support.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice