✧ [RELEASE] PUYO PUYO CHRONICLE FULL ENGLISH PATCH✧

ffffffffff.png

Puyo Puyo Chronicle is an action puzzle/RPG hybrid released for the 3DS in 2016.
It was developed to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the “Puyo Puyo” series and features a variety of game modes along with a sprawling RPG mode.

DOWNLOAD HERE!
[UPDATE NOV. 8, 2021: PATCHER FIX FOR DLC .CIA]
[UPDATE NOV. 9, 2021: FIXED QUIZ DIALOGUE]
[UPDATE NOV. 14, 2021: FIXED CHARACTER TEXT IN LOCAL RAID BOSSES & TYPOS]
[UPDATE DEC. 18, 2021: FIXED MISSING NPC DIALOGUE & TYPOS]

[UPDATE JAN. 2, 2022: IMG FIXES & TYPOS]

✦ABOUT THE GAME
While playing with her best friend Carbuncle, Arle comes across a mysterious book...only to be sucked into its pages?! She suspects that this is the ploy of the usual culprit — the Dark Prince, Satan — but something seems to have happened to him...?

Now known as the "Great Hero", she is tasked with resolving the strange phenomena occurring in this fairytale land in order to find her way back home. Helping her out is her newest friend Ally, an eccentric love-enthusiast who believes in the prophecy, which proclaims that the Great Hero will restore harmony to the land through love.

While Arle has had her fair share of adventures, this may turn out to be the strangest one yet!

✦JUST WHAT IS "PUYO PUYO"?
The Puyo Puyo series is a popular and addictive action-puzzle game developed by Compile and is now owned by SEGA. Originally a spin-off of the dungeon crawler Madou Monogatari, it has eclipsed its predecessor's popularity and become a well-known e-sport in Japan. The gameplay involves matching 4 "Puyo" of the same color, which leads them to pop. Setting up a configuration in which Puyo pop consecutively is known as "chaining", and deals higher damage to your opponent.

Puyo Puyo Chronicle features many different modes with different rules, as well as an extensive lesson portion that you can browse at your leisure. The main RPG mode also uses this Puyo chain mechanic to deal damage to your enemies, and even gives you simple chains to start battles (though more experienced players can turn this off in the settings). So worry not if you're a beginner, you'll be chaining in no time!

✦ABOUT THIS PATCH
This is the second fully playable and fully translated English patch from the team at Precise Museum!
This patch features a complete translation of RPG mode, single-player, local multiplayer, and online multiplayer modes.
Everything from text to graphics has been fully translated into English, and it features familiar Puyo Puyo gameplay all presented in an adorably squishy and cute 3D format!
The patch download also includes an HD texture pack that can be loaded via Citra for more accessible gameplay.
Instructions for patching and how to use the HD texture pack can be found in the full download zip's readme.

✦TEAM
HEAD TRANSLATOR: Ingu (Ko-fi)
ASSISTANT TRANSLATOR: Cove
CODING: MyLegGuy
GRAPHICS: Armando, Res, Evergreen, Courtroom, Neon, Velvetbun
PROOFREADING: Adelie, Ami, Celerity910, Circe, Corey, Cove, Courtoom, Flootena, Luna, Maya, Nico, RobotLover69, Vic
SPECIAL THANKS: AB1, Acy, Antonio231102, Beatrice, Frostie, LemonEdd, Mari, Miryx, Momochi, Pi, Pyro Jay, Roi, Saetta06, Wizzkid

8KN7sDZ.png
ybh08JD.png
cBSiStr.png

5Wlnptp.png
K7Cjz4y.png
BZ1NA2H.png

TaasiNt.png
wd59lk0.png%22
tbNvk56.png

Last edited by PreciseMuseum,

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
For the banner fix, it builds a cia but when i install it theres no banner for the game on my 3ds home menu
try the other answer when it asks you about your region. maybe one of the banners fell into the wrong category.
(if it actually does work, tell us your system's region and language so the prompt can be fixed.)

Reactions: TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
try the other answer when it asks you about your region. maybe one of the banners fell into the wrong category.
(if it actually does work, tell us your system's region and language so the prompt can be fixed.)

Is your system region Poland, France, Korea, China, or Taiwan? [y/N]
If i press Y nothing happens on the script, just N seems to work and build the new .cia file
My console is NA and my system language is pt_BR.

Here's the log:

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 94

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If i press Y nothing happens on the script,
i think we need to figure that out.
does it hang forever?
does it just close instantly? if so, there should be some error message. do you know how to run it from the command line so the window stays open? shift+right click in the folder. click "open powershell/command prompt here". drag and drop bannerfix file into the window. push enter. i think that will do it.

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think we need to figure that out.
does it hang forever?
does it just close instantly? if so, there should be some error message. do you know how to run it from the command line so the window stays open? shift+right click in the folder. click "open powershell/command prompt here". drag and drop bannerfix file into the window. push enter. i think that will do it.

Nope, nothing happens, the Y pressed simply does nothing, the prompt window keeps the same as before, no text, no error, just the same question waiting for input. But if i press N, it goes all throught the normal patching process.

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nope, nothing happens, the Y pressed simply does nothing, the prompt window keeps the same as before, no text, no error, just the same question waiting for input. But if i press N, it goes all throught the normal patching process.
hmmm, your windows language is spanish, right?
maybe... you have to press "s" for "si." lol.

if that doesn't work, i have prepared two alternate scripts. one that presents the prompt in another way, a better way, and another one that just picks "yes" automatically.

Attachments

• bannerfix-alt-scripts.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 134

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

if that doesn't work, i have prepared two alternate scripts. one that presents the prompt in another way, a better way, and another one that just picks "yes" automatically.

Thank you, that alternative script did the trick!

2021-11-16_18-33-22.156_top.png

Reactions: GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your interest and bug report.
It was a problem with the GNU/Linux DLC patching script.
Please try this attached updated script.

Technical details:
That CIA has 701 content files, most of which only contain placeholders. Giving these all to makerom on the command line generates the horrible CIA you saw. Not sure whose bug it is, but it's a problem. Simply excluding the placeholders is the fix.

edit: this has also been integrated into the OP download.

Has this newest fix also included with the OP download?

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
noob question its okay to remove the patch in Luma Folder? because i applied the cia patch translation puyo puyo chronicles and want to know its safe to remove it.About the dlc slow i didnt applied the patch to the cia,but i install the original and unmodified dlc and have the same issuess like everyone in this thread superslow in my 128 gb kingston with cluster 64 .Removing the dlc my issues dissapear, the game loads fine and very smooth.

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Has this newest fix also included with the OP download?
not yet...
edit: it is. as of late 12/18/21.
noob question its okay to remove the patch in Luma Folder? because i applied the cia patch translation puyo puyo chronicles and want to know its safe to remove it.About the dlc slow i didnt applied the patch to the cia,but i install the original and unmodified dlc and have the same issuess like everyone in this thread superslow in my 128 gb kingston with cluster 64 .Removing the dlc my issues dissapear, the game loads fine and very smooth.
if you installed a pre-patched cia, then yes. you can delete 0004000000197500.

i believe that the dlc cia everybody is talking about is the same one. it's weird.
running the dlc patch script will actually improve the loading time. maybe.
Have no plan to patch the sw help section?
software manual? it was decided that it would not be translated.

Last edited by fallenleaf,

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

@fallenleaf it doesnt work,removing the folder quits the language english patch from Puyo Puyo Chronicles.For the dlc its working fine with the patchdlc script you made it,so no issues. About the banner logo i have the same issues,i have new2dsxl american console and choose language spanish in my system.

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

@fallenleaf it doesnt work,removing the folder quits the language english patch from Puyo Puyo Chronicles.For the dlc its working fine with the patchdlc script you made it,so no issues. About the banner logo i have the same issues,i have new2dsxl american console and choose language spanish in my system.

my mistake, i though you meant that you manually went out of your way to make a CIA that includes the translation patch. because that is not what you did, you need to leave the 0004000000197500 folder there. the bannerfix program does not include the translation patch, it just changes the banner only.

for the banner not showing up, just try both options when the bannerfix asks about your region. one of them will work.
you may need to download the fixed script above if it doesn't let you choose "yes." (in op as of 12/18/21)

Last edited by fallenleaf,
Reactions: JaNDeRPeiCH

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never could get the translation patch to work. :( I tried following the thread instructions on how to update luma and all that, but these days, I'm just out of touch. But it looks like a great, little game. Glad to hear some folks are having luck with it, and actually completing and enjoying the game.

Panzerfaust

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I never could get the translation patch to work. :( I tried following the thread instructions on how to update luma and all that, but these days, I'm just out of touch. But it looks like a great, little game. Glad to hear some folks are having luck with it, and actually completing and enjoying the game.
thats weird. I thought the patching proccess was super easy.
1. put the original ROM in the romfolder on your SD card
2. put one translation folder into a specific folder on your SD card

as for Luma update: Just download the latest release and replace it with the old one. I think, I just did the online update...much convenient

I hope you will figure out the issue

Reactions: GeekyGuy

ArMM1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I had encountered error when patching dlc and for some reason when i try open dlc shop it throws me back to internet menu
This is not an error with the patch. This happens because the DLC Shop is region-locked to Japan.
If you wish to gain access to the DLC you'll have to buy it with a japanese 3DS and dump it so you can patch it.
If you already patched it and installed it, the DLC Shop Menu is useless to you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU