Pure hardware section?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Tom, Aug 27, 2012.

Aug 27, 2012

Pure hardware section? by Tom at 4:37 AM (451 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Tom
    OP

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    Just a suggestion but I'd love a pure hardware section , I know each console has hardware sections but a section like , projects ,electricity, electronic components and stuff like that :)

2. shengtian

Newcomer shengtian Member

United States
    What is your suggestion?

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It has more hope than most section requests and we certainly have many members and visitors that can swing a soldering iron but what we get is usually best suited to the section at hand ("I have this console I want to do this" or "my computer is fried so can I solder something to fix it").
    After that new sections are usually made as and when we get enough threads to warrant the creation of one (give or take things like a new console/notable flash cart).

This said discussion might get something out of it so I await the thoughts of others. If it does happen a list of what sorts of threads will need to be made for a sticky or three would probably be useful (soldering and tools guide, list of component shops, list of common projects for consoles and such, list of programmable boards, general links list, CAD and CNC/3d printing options....).

1 person likes this.
  4. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Haha and I just fixed an old floppy drive, works like a charm btw. I like the idea, something like how-to.guides, research, hardware mods. retro mods, flashing chips, etc..

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I agree with FAST that hardware mods are usually limited to a single platform and so fit in the existing sections. Even ones about new hardware or using hardware dev kits for things generally fall into the PC section.

6. Tom
    OP

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    That would be awesome too :) I'm re-doing my printer right now but if it's needed I could totally do a thread on 3d-printing