Pure hardware section?

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a suggestion but I'd love a pure hardware section , I know each console has hardware sections but a section like , projects ,electricity, electronic components and stuff like that :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has more hope than most section requests and we certainly have many members and visitors that can swing a soldering iron but what we get is usually best suited to the section at hand ("I have this console I want to do this" or "my computer is fried so can I solder something to fix it").
After that new sections are usually made as and when we get enough threads to warrant the creation of one (give or take things like a new console/notable flash cart).

This said discussion might get something out of it so I await the thoughts of others. If it does happen a list of what sorts of threads will need to be made for a sticky or three would probably be useful (soldering and tools guide, list of component shops, list of common projects for consoles and such, list of programmable boards, general links list, CAD and CNC/3d printing options....).

Reactions: 1 person

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Haha and I just fixed an old floppy drive, works like a charm btw. I like the idea, something like how-to.guides, research, hardware mods. retro mods, flashing chips, etc..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...