Hacking Purchased New 3DS... Looking for a flash card

psun03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a new 3DS. I love it. I am looking for a flash card that will play 3DS roms AND NDS ROMS?
I do not mind purchasing multiple cards.

I been hesitant from purchasing a card because i have purchased fake ones before. If someone can give me a recommendation on which card and where to purchase that would be great

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
2 options. Gateway: You gotta wait for their n3DS support to be released, but it has the best features of any current cart. You also have to be on fw 9.2 or less to use it.

Sky3DS: Play on any fw, with just the bare minimum a flash cart can bring to the table. Works now.

LittleRod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you cant wait, get a Sky3DS. Its the only 3ds flashcard that works NOW on N3DS. Gateway still doesnt support N3DS, so, you cant use it for a while.
For DS Games, get a DSTWO. DS Games + GBA and SNES Emulators.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're at 9.2 or below, definitely Gateway, just be patient. They always deliver, they're just a bit slow at implementing major features. Simple things like a new firmware is usually done in a few days.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway "should" work on the New 3DS in the future.
Gateway supports homebrew :toot: , and eshop dumps. Sky3DS does not. BUT if you use Gateway on the New 3DS you will have to keep your firmware on 9.2 or below indefinitely. You WILL get to use the latest firmware, but every time you want to run the latest firmware, or even use your Gateway cart for that matter, you will have to go online and load a corrupt page in the 3DS web browser, or load something from a local server set up by your android phone or whatever ppl have been developing idk I haven't been paying attention. It's not as bad as it sounds, cause you can just leave your 3DS on all the time in sleep mode.

Sky3DS will work on the latest firmware without anything special just like any official 3DS card will. Honestly, it'll probably work on every firmware ever. You switch games by pressing a button on the Sky3DS cart, which takes a while to cycle through games. BUT, the Sky3DS cart will NOT play homebrew or eshop dumps. It is a piracy/backup browser ONLY.

Then there's MT-Cart, which is kind of cute. It's like Gateway but worse, but they are a lot nicer than Gateway and release their hacks to people without their cart and don't try to brick people so if you like that you can support them. I'm only 80% sure they support the latest firmware though.

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
dstwo can play nds roms but its hard to find atm cuz they said they are releasing a new 1 (dstwo+) with some 3ds support but i belive this is only for 3ds that is on 4.~ firmware

i am looking 2 buy a dstwo atm but they said they will release dstwo+ by end of febrary but it may be expensive

psun03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately i made the mistake of updating to 9.4 so i might have to wait... what about a good site to purchase a flashcart in the US. I always had good luck with a R4 for ds roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)