• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Puberty-Blockers, Vision Loss & Closed Gender Identity Clinic for Children (Brandon Showalter; Mark Reynolds; ZeroHedge) [Three Articles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A person against trans healthcare is a person who is for trans youth suicide.
This line right here perfectly encapsulates why we can't have a logical, rational, discourse with those that believe every trans candidate is equal in terms of their mental health or reasons for wanting to transition.

No one's against any form of trans healthcare, quite the opposite - people are querying if puberty blockers are in the best interest of the patients health... this does not equate to being pro (a theoretical, as it wouldn't be a certainty for everyone denied puberty blocking treatment) suicide. Anyone that would have a serious tendency towards suicide should be receiving the best mental healthcare above any medication that is just a delay at best.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can anyone link me a study that shows that the stuff they give to transition males to female doesn't actually stop your dick from growing? Because I'm like 80% sure I've read somewhere it does, and that's a big issue if the person changes their mind.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This line right here perfectly encapsulates why we can't have a logical, rational, discourse with those that believe every trans candidate is equal in terms of their mental health or reasons for wanting to transition.

No one's against any form of trans healthcare, quite the opposite - people are querying if puberty blockers are in the best interest of the patients health... this does not equate to being pro (a theoretical, as it wouldn't be a certainty for everyone denied puberty blocking treatment) suicide. Anyone that would have a serious tendency towards suicide should be receiving the best mental healthcare above any medication that is just a delay at best.
Finally, a sane comment for once in those threads

that's a big issue if the person changes their mind
And guess what they will most likely do lmfao

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what I believe is a related question.

Is it really "phobic" if a natural male is not attracted to people born male, who go through "conversion therapy" and get "medical" treatments to "transition"?

I mean, just sit and think about that for a second. Are people even still allowed to have personal preferences in what they are attracted to? Is it okay, for example, to just not like fat chicks, not because you hate them, but because you are not attracted to that?

I don't see much of a difference. I do not consider it "transphobic" to be repulsed by the idea of having sex with someone you know is the same gender as you, if you are heterosexual.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
people are querying if puberty blockers are in the best interest of the patients health...
And it's left up to the individual patients to decide whether to accept the risks or not. Not the state, and certainly not chronically online would-be authoritarians.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what I believe is a related question.

Is it really "phobic" if a natural male is not attracted to people born male, who go through "conversion therapy" and get "medical" treatments to "transition"?

I mean, just sit and think about that for a second. Are people even still allowed to have personal preferences in what they are attracted to? Is it okay, for example, to just not like fat chicks, not because you hate them, but because you are not attracted to that?

I don't see much of a difference. I do not consider it "transphobic" to be repulsed by the idea of having sex with someone you know is the same gender as you, if you are heterosexual.
Neither does anyone else. Genital preference has literally been the hallmark of transgender liberation. It's when someone says "Well, you have X genitals, so you're X gender" that it's transphobic, because you are making a declaration against their identity without any real objective grounding.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Neither does anyone else. Genital preference has literally been the hallmark of transgender liberation. It's when someone says "Well, you have X genitals, so you're X gender" that it's transphobic, because you are making a declaration against their identity without any real objective grounding.

How is it okay to prepare a child for a future of transitioning their genitals based on gender identity if such coordination between the two are considered transphobic?

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it okay to prepare a child for a future of transitioning their genitals based on gender identity if such coordination between the two are considered transphobic?
It's not? You tried really hard to bend what I said into that lmao

Barring the fact that not all trans people actually need SRS, you should probably be intelligent enough to understand the difference between someone wanting bottom surgery to better affirm their identity (given that studies show it vastly reduces suicide and depression rates) and saying "You have to be this gender, because you were born with this genital!"

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Identifying as something does not make you that thing, if you are specifically the diametric opposite to that thing.

Has nothing to do with an irrational fear. You really need to stop using that word unless it actually applies.

I am a hetero male. I am not attracted to penises. I would not be attracted to someone who chopped off his penis and got fake tits. Is that okay with you? Am I ALLOWED to feel this way without you automatically assuming that I am a bigot or suffering from a phobia?

Do I HAVE to accept a mutilated penis as a vagina, just because a man identifies as a woman? I am being serious.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a hetero male. I am not attracted to penises. I would not be attracted to someone who chopped off his penis and got fake tits. Is that okay with you? Am I ALLOWED to feel this way without you automatically assuming that I am a bigot or suffering from a phobia?

Do I HAVE to accept a mutilated penis as a vagina, just because a man identifies as a woman? I am being serious.
Lmfao there is no way you can post insane shit like this and not sound like the definition of irrationally afraid

It's like saying "do I HAVE to accept that blacks and whites can go to the same school, or am I racist?? I am being serious." Trans people exist, they're valid, and their gender is not something decided by any genitals or the outbursts of an insecure transphobe. No one is saying you have to be attracted or want to have sex with everyone on earth (there are cis women you wouldn't want to have sex with, obviously) but the idea that someone isn't a woman just because you're upset about how they identify is both hilariously insecure and also factually wrong.

You are not the arbiter of anyone's identity. No one cites you on anything, least of all how someone identifies.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't even have to bend that, you are so deluded you don't even realise what kind of BS you propagate.
Lmfao there is no way you can post insane shit like this and not sound like the definition of irrationally afraid
I love how people like you are always self-projecting. If your comments showed anything than that you, aswell as the majority of the community of make-belief, is afraid of the """""normal""""" people that are still left.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

You can lmao all you want, but that is the topic of the thread.

Barring the fact that not all trans people actually need SRS, you should probably be intelligent enough to understand the difference between someone wanting bottom surgery to better affirm their identity (given that studies show it vastly reduces suicide and depression rates) and saying "You have to be this gender, because you were born with this genital!"

If gender is a a social construct, then someone shouldn't be coerced or encouraged to get SRS or put on a path to transition. Especially in the case of child.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even have to bend that, you are so deluded you don't even realise what kind of BS you propagate.

I love how people like you are always self-projecting. If your comments showed anything than that you, aswell as the majority of the community of make-belief, is afraid of the """""normal""""" people that are still left.
who are you again?

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If gender is a a social construct, then someone shouldn't be coerced or encouraged to get SRS or put on a path to transition. Especially in the case of child.
Correct, because no one is. The only people thinking that people should be coerced into SRS are transphobes who fabricated an "epidemic" of people doing this socially. The reality is the people who attempt to enforce SRS as a requirement to even be trans are universally condemned in the LGBTQ+, to the point we even have words for them like truscum and transmedicalists, both of whom believe you have to be medically diagnosed and given surgery to be valid.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
truly the best attitude for someone who literally begs for money in his signature.
Idk, I'm not about to shame someone for begging for money (capitalism is a plague after all) but I do think getting tilted that I don't care what he thinks is pretty embarrassing.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we even have words for them like truscum and transmedicalists
Way to go with hypocrisy (racism or whatever fancy word you people would use)
truly the best attitude for someone who literally begs for money in his signature.
And? You are just jealous because you didn't come up with it aswell, now piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival