Hacking PSX (PS One) games on XMB (pkg files)??

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for this nOOb question, but I'm looking to rip my PSX games, turn them into pkg files, and load/play them directly from the PS3 XMB. Is there a good tutorial for this?

I've modded PS3's in the past and was loading games from multiman, but I just did a new ps3 using the 4.82 exploit method and am new to the whole .pkg way of installing things. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm looking to put my ps1 and ps2 games on this PS3 and play them from the xmb.

Thanks!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for this nOOb question, but I'm looking to rip my PSX games, turn them into pkg files, and load/play them directly from the PS3 XMB. Is there a good tutorial for this?

I've modded PS3's in the past and was loading games from multiman, but I just did a new ps3 using the 4.82 exploit method and am new to the whole .pkg way of installing things. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm looking to put my ps1 and ps2 games on this PS3 and play them from the xmb.

Thanks!
You have posted in the wrong forum this is for tutorials only not where you ask for tutorials.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

coolguy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly cost-effective, but I ended up not dealing with PS1 on PS3 for this very reason (dislike dealing with webman) so I bought a dock for my PSP go, modded it to support Memory Stick Pro Duo (lookup the pinouts if you'd like to) and connected a PS3 controller, now it's my primary PS1 machine. Plus I can take it on the go at any time. Sort of like a pseudo-Switch.

Reactions: Traace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...