Homebrew PSX Emulation?

Orphen07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I said. I never asked if he was using a CFW "file". I said, "Are you using CFW/the CIA version?" which was asking "Are you using Custom Firmware, or the CIA version?", just in a shorter-hand form. It wasn't the best way to word it, I'll admit.
I thought your wording was fine. I was late in editing my post, so I hadn't seen your explaination by the time I wrote what I did, so I apologize for the redundancy.

On another note, would it effect speeds depending on where the .CIA is installed?

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought your wording was fine. I was late in editing my post, so I hadn't seen your explaination by the time I wrote what I did, so I apologize for the redundancy.

On another note, would it effect speeds depending on where the .CIA is installed?

It's fine.

What do you mean by where it's installed? SysNAND vs emuNAND? SD vs. NAND? If it's the latter, you can only really install the emulators to SD. If it's the former, there should be no difference if you're able to run homebrew CIAs (and thus have kernel access, which emuNAND always does, but sysNAND doesn't always have it without pasta/dev mode or A9LH).

Orphen07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the latter. Thank you both for clearing that up, as well as the informative responce for the former as well. I've never tried to install emulators to NAND, so, lesson learned.

Edit: Needed to thank Voxel Studios and daxtsu.

Last edited by Orphen07,

Jaay_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also on another note, how do I optimize SNES emulation to work better? I've got blargSNES and snes9x. blargSNES works well but I don't like the blurring effect, but with snes9x it runs badly but can turn off the blurring. Can I make snes9x run better or can I get blargSNES to turn off blurring?

D

Deleted User

Also on another note, how do I optimize SNES emulation to work better? I've got blargSNES and snes9x. blargSNES works well but I don't like the blurring effect, but with snes9x it runs badly but can turn off the blurring. Can I make snes9x run better or can I get blargSNES to turn off blurring?

I recommend you read through the OP in the Retroarch thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/
It has a lot of useful information such as the latest stable version, what emulators are included, and which emulators work best on which system.

You might not want to even use snes9x; CATSF works well on the N3DS as far as SNES emulators go. pocketsnes can run some games like Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart better than CATSF if I recall correctly, since those games use special chips.

Jaay_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend you read through the OP in the Retroarch thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/
It has a lot of useful information such as the latest stable version, what emulators are included, and which emulators work best on which system.

You might not want to even use snes9x; CATSF works well on the N3DS as far as SNES emulators go. pocketsnes can run some games like Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart better than CATSF if I recall correctly, since those games use special chips.
Omg that works really well! I'm getting 130 - 200 fps, thanks!

Reactions: Deleted User

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make the c-stick compatible with the cia version of the psx libretreto build? Also, what are the best setting for running psx games fast?

EDIT: Sorry for the bump :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: