PSVita PC Connecting Issues

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ridj, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ridj
    OP

Ridj Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    Hello, i am trying to connect my psvita running firmware 3.52 to my laptop running windows 10 so that i can begin the process of hacking it and running emulators on the device. i am having issues getting the vita to connect, when i try with the content manager assistant running i get the error "could not connect to the pc" i have tried using sony's cma and qcma but i have had no luck. please help.

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    If you plan on hacking your vita, why not just install Henkaku and use its ftp server?

3. Ridj
    OP

Ridj Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    i cant, i'm not running a compatible firmware. the vita is running firmware 3.52 and henkaku is for 3.60

4. Primula

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    turn on airplane mode and restart the vita

5. Ridj
    OP

Ridj Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    that doesn't make any difference, the vita still gives me the error "Cannot connect to the pc"

Last edited by Ridj, Oct 30, 2016
  6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Completely uninstall CMA if it's installed alongside QCMA, as that will cause issues getting the Vita recognized by QCMA. Then download zadig and replace the driver for the Vita, as QCMA installs an old version of libusb32 that new firmwares don't like.

To replace the driver, plug your Vita into your PC, then open Zadig. Select "PS Vita" from the list (if it's not listed, go to Options->List all devices) and then click the arrow next to the big button and choose "Install driver". This should change the big button to "Replace Driver", click on it and it will install the new libusb32 driver.

After that, you shouldn't have any problems.

7. Primula

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    I had to do that when I was on the *.52 firmware but I also forgot to mention that you need data transfer usb cables. I have a set of official one and charging one and the charging refuse to connect to the computer. Then it the driver stuff ^ mention