PSVita JB question?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Overdrive89, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Overdrive89
    OP

Overdrive89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    Hey, another question.. Is there a jailbreak for 3.15 or are there any chances of one? I don't really know what psvita sites to go to for jailbreak news and this site seems pretty decent for news and updates.

Thanks guys :)

2. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
  3. Overdrive89
    OP

Overdrive89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    Hats great. I have actually seen this site before but what are hbl and cfw and ecfw etc? I am a total noob when it comes down to this haha.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    CFW = Custom Firmware, and no such thing on the PS Vita as of yet.
    eCFW = "Emulated" CFW, if I recall correctly. It refers to Custom Firmware running on the embedded PSP Mode of the system. This kind of CFW is launched using an exploitable PSN game. eCFW requires a kernel-level exploit, so it's not always available.
    VHBL = Vita Half-Byte Loader. VHBL is an application used for launching homebrew, it's booted much like eCFW, but does not require a kernel-level exploit, userland exploits are good enough.

In short, PSP Mode has been hacked and occasionally hackers release new exploits for it. PSVita Mode has not been hacked and we're nowhere near hacking it. If you're looking for the latest PSP Mode releases, head to Wololo.net and register at their forums - they usually release the titles prior to official announcements.

5. Overdrive89
    OP

Overdrive89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    Right I see. I'll deffo check out the forums. Thank you !