OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
i have a vita 1004 and without memorycard it wont install molecularshell

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why
It's happening to me as well. I want to setup my SD2VITA adapter but there is no molecular shell in the menu. That's why i'm asking if there is someone who knows how to install molecular shell in vitas personal storage.

So there,s no other way? Should I buy a vita memory card or not?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wait the no internal memory shouldnt be written here..... sorry it dont belong here

i am very confused.... i had an accident and lost some memory (my father said it ).
@Zukov ...very nice of you to call me annoying because of that

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Molecular Shell doesn't install to ur0 when you don't have a memory card installed. You have to have a memory card in order to have Molecular Shell installed. You'll just have to order a 4GB card or something, they're only like $10-$15.

Also, @Sora Takihawa, stop double posting, this isn't a chatbox and it's against the rules

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Molecular Shell doesn't install to ur0 when you don't have a memory card installed. You have to have a memory card in order to have Molecular Shell installed. You'll just have to order a 4GB card or something, they're only like $10-$15.

Also, @Sora Takihawa, stop double posting, this isn't a chatbox and it's against the rules
Guess I have to buy then if it's the only option.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have vita? Can you confirm me that molecular shell works without memory card?

Yes, I just checked with molecularShell 1.43 and VitaShell 1.61:
- molecularShell works fine on "ur0" even without "ux0"
- VitaShell works fine too as long as you don't try to open the configuration menu (because configuration is saved on "ux0" so it crashes if there is no memory card)

I used "Application Storage Manager" to move them.

However, for the initial installation, you need "ux0" (so you temporarly need a memory card).

Last edited by OperationNT,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a memory card is only needed if the vita (vita phats) has no internal storage. I've never encountered crashing with vita shell with no memory card inserted. note: I'm memory card less on the pstv, which is a major headache to get set up, but it's doable with patience.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Put the card into your Vita, let if format if need be, then open VitaShell's settings, make sure it's set to USB, and then press select.

Then plug your Vita into your PC and you can move files around as if it were an SD card. Do note that some directories are hidden by default, you need to go to Folder options > View > and Uncheck "hide operating system files" if you're on Windows.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Put the card into your Vita, let if format if need be, then open VitaShell's settings, make sure it's set to USB, and then press select.

Then plug your Vita into your PC and you can move files around as if it were an SD card. Do note that some directories are hidden by default, you need to go to Folder options > View > and Uncheck "hide operating system files" if you're on Windows.
I want to install vitashell. So how do I use vitashell if I didn't have installed it yet? LOL! Any other way? Should I install content manager?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already, install Henkaku from the web browser even if you're running enso. This will install Molecular Shell. Then download VitaShell, open Molecular Shell and hit Select to start an FTP server, transfer it over using an FTP client on your PC, connecting to the server created by your Vita.

Then install it from Molecular Shell.

Reactions: Zidapi

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If you haven't already, install Henkaku from the web browser even if you're running enso. This will install Molecular Shell. Then download VitaShell, open Molecular Shell and hit Select to start an FTP server, transfer it over using an FTP client on your PC, connecting to the server created by your Vita.

Then install it from Molecular Shell.
Which one?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I have installed both of em now problem is. I'm using this https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6nwtkj/setting_up_your_gamecard_to_microsd_adapter/ for my sd2vita setup. It says.
  1. Run Application Storage Manager
  2. Select the first option and transfer Vitashell to internal memory 7.Reboot and reactivate Henkaku then check Vitashell is still working 8.Run molecularshell and connect to your Vita over FTP (you can use Vitashell and USB but I had issues getting all the files to display correctly) 9.Copy the precompiled driver (gamesd.skprx) to ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx 10.Open config.txt from ur0:/tai/config.txt and insert this line immediately under *KERNEL
When I select the first option it gives error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455