Hacking PSV VSH Menu - [taiHEN usermode plugin]

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultimate VSH menu is a plugin that was originally developed by Total_Noob for the PSP as a replacement VSH menu with better functionality. This tai-hen plugin aims to do the same. As of now there isn't much it can do, but it'll surely be updated to do more. I created this not only for nostalgic feeling of the beloved PSP scene <3 but also to make use of Tai-hen since there aren't many plugins compared to the PSP.

Snr6brY.jpg

QSW4KhN.jpg

CK4nnSc.jpg

Features list and instructions can be found on README.md.

Download: https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/releases

Last edited by Joel16,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see this being useful for rebooting without having to pull up vitashell, especially useful for pstv. Can it also do overclocking too?

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a bit rude but why? I just don't see the point of this. I might be missing something here though.
Can't really help you if you never found the Ultimate VSH menu useful. I mean hopefully if everything goes well there may just be an in built plugin manager and a bunch of other stuff that I don't want to mention until I try implementing them myself. You may want to look at the Ultimate VSH menu for psp.

Does VSH-menu support localization? If yes, can help with Russian localization. =)

Not yet, but once it gets to that point I'll be happy to let you know.

I can see this being useful for rebooting without having to pull up vitashell, especially useful for pstv. Can it also do overclocking too?

Yes oveeclocking will be implemented, although a bit different to the way o'clock vita handles it. Right now it (the src code) handles over clocking the same way as oclockvita does, but I plan to change that and make it similar to the the way VSH menu handled it on psp. Basically meaning more clocking options (not overclocking over the limit through..)

I also might include a sort of recovery menu too.
rmeIXZD.jpg

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't really help you if you never found the Ultimate VSH menu useful. I mean hopefully if everything goes well there may just be an in built plugin manager and a bunch of other stuff that I don't want to mention until I try implementing them myself. You may want to look at the Ultimate VSH menu for psp.
Ah, i see where i was mistaken. I thought this was for epsp on psvita, because it looks identical. But its for vita itself? That makes sense then. My bad.

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I got the basic menu navigation bits working. Now to get the actual recovery menu functions working, cause they're a bit messed up :P

Here's a screenshot with an example of what you'd find in a recovery menu.
c1pVd4k.jpg

Circle is not my enter button btw, like I said earlier the functions are messed up.
piuKpWv.jpg

Reactions: YugiSenpai

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release v1.1 is up. (PS Can the title be changed to "PSV VSH Menu [taiHen]" please?)
  • Added a config to store and load data once the module has been started.
  • Added VSH Menu bg colours for minimal customization. (Just like Ultimate VSH Menu for PSP)
  • Added "Launch program" tab which allows you to quick launch VitaShell or Settings app. I plan to make this option more 'adoptable' later. Say loading list of apps from an external file or so.
  • Added a battery percentage toggle. (Basically the same as batteryPercent plugin)
  • And finally, clock states are now saved into config and will be restored once the plugin has been started.
  • Minor clean-up.
mgXdxe0.png

https://github.com/joel16/PSV-VSH-Menu/releases

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Joel16,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.0 is finally here!

As of version 2.0 and above you will require a dependency plugin to be always enabled. (a modified (lighter) version of kuio.skprx is provided. KUIO was originally developed by Rinnegatamante) -- Instructions are on the bottom of the README.md.

• Fixed empty config files with Cart/PSN games. This fixes the issue where things were not able to be modified under many games.
  • Fix clock states not being properly saved when clock state was the only thing modified.
  • Reload config when button combo is entered.
  • VITABattery's fully integrated as a toggle. You can now toggle battery percent, hours remaining and temp.
  • Quick launcher now has 5 modifiable slots. (Once the launcher.cfg file is generated in ur0:/data/vsh/launcher.cfg, feel free to change the title and title IDS to your preference. Keep in mind you can't use spaces for the title's name and you can't go above 5 (0-4) slots in the meantime.)
  • Major src clean up.

The button combo to open the VSH menu is: L + R + START

Snr6brY.jpg

QSW4KhN.jpg

CK4nnSc.jpg

Last edited by Joel16,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...