ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I am a newbie here...
Thank you for your work.
I am wondering is there any link that can show me how to install it?
Any lead is much appreciated.

Look at my signature or the first post of this thread, there's a link to my GitHub. Go to the releases tab and download the latest version of PSSE. You don't have to install it, it's a .exe you just have to run.
As it's a PC program, you'll need a way to launch homebrews on your 3DS to export/import your savefile. If you do, just use homebrews like JKSM or svdt to export your save, then insert your SD card in your computer or use microSD management to transfer the savedata.bin file to your computer. Edit it with PSSE then do the same thing backwards to import it back into your Shuffle save.

PSOBB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at my signature or the first post of this thread, there's a link to my GitHub. Go to the releases tab and download the latest version of PSSE. You don't have to install it, it's a .exe you just have to run.
As it's a PC program, you'll need a way to launch homebrews on your 3DS to export/import your savefile. If you do, just use homebrews like JKSM or svdt to export your save, then insert your SD card in your computer or use microSD management to transfer the savedata.bin file to your computer. Edit it with PSSE then do the same thing backwards to import it back into your Shuffle save.
Thank you very much :)

Rangnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is not working for me. I only want to edit my hearts, and coins... and everytime I restore the SaveData.bin with SaveDataManager, and go to my game, nothing happens! :cry:

If nothing changes, I think you are importing either the wrong save file, or to the wrong location. I haven't used SaveDataManager before, but I used to used svdt and it was fine. It even has built-in protection so you don't have to edit the hex to make your edited save legit.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If nothing changes, I think you are importing either the wrong save file, or to the wrong location. I haven't used SaveDataManager before, but I used to used svdt and it was fine. It even has built-in protection so you don't have to edit the hex to make your edited save legit.

Hmmm.. I'm guessing that I'm using the same software, since I've used it with Pokemon Rumnble World to restore my save data, and I remember that it needed to edit it in order to make it legit (or non-corrupted)

Rangnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm.. I'm guessing that I'm using the same software, since I've used it with Pokemon Rumnble World to restore my save data, and I remember that it needed to edit it in order to make it legit (or non-corrupted)

One thing I can think of is that when you try to copy the edited save back, and the original save is still there, the overwrite could be bugged. Try deleting the save on the 3DS first before copying the edited save from the SD card over to the 3DS

Reactions: Gizametalman

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One thing I can think of is that when you try to copy the edited save back, and the original save is still there, the overwrite could be bugged. Try deleting the save on the 3DS first before copying the edited save from the SD card over to the 3DS
I did not tought in that. Thanks! Will try!

Nope, it did not worked :ha:

Last edited by Gizametalman,

Rangnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did not tought in that. Thanks! Will try!

Nope, it did not worked :ha:

heheh, short of you sending me your edited save so I can try on mine, make sure you are selecting the right edited save to copy to the SD card for re-injecting. I know it may sounds dumb, but mistake can happen :)

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gotta say that I love this so much. I FINALLY figured out how to update my SMDhax (I am so clueless lol) with some help, and am looking forward to your new release! ^_^

(which I'm hoping is before the event ends for Meloetta (I can't spell...sorry)

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy thanksgiving guys!!!

Wanted to know if there is anything I can do to help with getting the newest shuffle release update to the save editor. I finished meleotta (all 200 levels) but have not been able to do much in the way of catching the newest ones for the main stages. :-/

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but what happens if you import a save onto a different 3DS with a different NNID than your own?

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think I found a bug in the latest version 1.3.26.
I have updated the resource files with Extdata from 1.3.30 and wanted to edit the safari pokemon, for example Cubcho Holiday, Pikachu Holiday and the others. Now when I open 1.3.26 and click on Caught on one of the safari pokemons the Skill is always Opportunist. Which is not correct.

I have then copied all the new resource files (except MegaStone.bin because the latest version of MegaStone.bin lets 1.3.20b crash) to the previous PSSE version 1.3.20b and tried the same there.
And with this older version 1.3.20b it works correct. For example the Skill for Cubcho Holiday (it is listed as Cubcho Smiling) is displayed correctly Power of 4+.

So, I assume the resource files are correct because they are the same for both versions (except MegaStone.bin).

My extracted resource files from 1.3.30 look like this:
Code:
2016-11-01  20:12               528 MegaStone.bin
2016-11-01  20:12               592 MissionCard.bin
2016-12-06  02:22             3.648 pokemonAbility.bin
2016-12-01  11:04            40.240 pokemonData.bin
2016-12-06  02:22               720 pokemonLevel.bin
2016-12-06  02:22            48.192 stageData.bin
2016-12-02  07:14             6.816 stageDataEvent.bin
2016-12-06  02:22             4.608 stageDataExtra.bin

Can you please look into this?

Thanks.

Last edited by Smynos,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I found a bug in the latest version 1.3.26.
I have updated the resource files with Extdata from 1.3.30 and wanted to edit the safari pokemon, for example Cubcho Holiday, Pikachu Holiday and the others. Now when I open 1.3.26 and click on Caught on one of the safari pokemons the Skill is always Opportunist. Which is not correct.

I have then copied all the new resource files (except MegaStone.bin because the latest version of MegaStone.bin lets 1.3.20b crash) to the previous PSSE version 1.3.20b and tried the same there.
And with this older version 1.3.20b it works correct. For example the Skill for Cubcho Holiday (it is listed as Cubcho Smiling) is displayed correctly Power of 4+.

So, I assume the resource files are correct because they are the same for both versions (except MegaStone.bin).

My extracted resource files from 1.3.30 look like this:
Code:
2016-11-01  20:12               528 MegaStone.bin
2016-11-01  20:12               592 MissionCard.bin
2016-12-06  02:22             3.648 pokemonAbility.bin
2016-12-01  11:04            40.240 pokemonData.bin
2016-12-06  02:22               720 pokemonLevel.bin
2016-12-06  02:22            48.192 stageData.bin
2016-12-02  07:14             6.816 stageDataEvent.bin
2016-12-06  02:22             4.608 stageDataExtra.bin

Can you please look into this?

Thanks.
Hi, I tried to replicate your issue but for some reason I can't get a hand on my 1.3.30 extdata backup and I don't have it on my local 1.3.31 version. I uploaded a new 1.3.31 release here, can you tell me if you have the same issue with it ?

As a side note, some of you may have noticed it has been a while since I published any update on PSSE. Don't worry, I'm still supporting it. I didn't publish anything because I think PSSE is in a fairly stable condition right now, and as such I'm focusing on some harder projects I had for it, namely translation, new features, GUI revamp and global code overhauling. These are by far the hardest coding I ever had to do and I have limited time to do it (my studies slowly turning into my job, non computer-related), which means I have a hard time doing it. Basically, my local copy of PSSE is currently completely broken so don't expect any PSSE update until it's back into a working state, apart from small bug fixes you might report to me of course.

PS: mons names don't come from the game but from a hand-crafted list. Holiday Cubchoo (and probably others too) were named by me after their sprites when they were released a while ago, way before GS decided to officialize their names. I don't pay attention when a new update comes out if any of them is renamed so do tell me if you find another misnamed pokemon.

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for the update.
It works now with your latest version 1.3.31.

About the names:

The in PSSE named Smiling pokes like Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist and Gengar Smiling are actually Spooky, and Sableye Costumed is Spooky too in the game.

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*runs to borrow grandmother's computer...*

Thank you for the update!!! lol I had run out of EVERYTHINGand was feeling in dire straits XD

Rikaria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. When I go to edit the Escalation Battle Level I want to jump to then save and import that file, the game still puts me at Level 1.

Also, I don't know if this is from the same issue, but here's what happened. After using Pokémon Shuffle Unpacker to grab the resource files to update PSSE manually, I tried using Complete All Stages then (S)-Rank All Completed, but the game still puts me on Main Stage 501 instead of 530.

My game is on v. 1.3.32, and I tried using the PSSE above (in reply #953).

kaizerz09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a problem with mega's {shiny gyarados (10 candies), poison gengar(7 candies), and sableye(7 candies) (spooky i think?)} whenever i max the megaspeed up the 3 pokes always no candy given when i inject editedsave to the game.. sorry bad english.... i run the latest version thanks :)

Last edited by kaizerz09,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have a problem with mega's {shiny gyarados (10 candies), poison gengar(7 candies), and sableye(7 candies) (spooky i think?)} whenever i max the megaspeed up the 3 pokes always no candy given when i inject editedsave to the game.. sorry bad english.... i run the latest version thanks :)
Yeah, I've had Some troubles with mégas ans escalation battles too. I'm on it but right now I'm in Paris without à computer so you'll have to wait à few days.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. When I go to edit the Escalation Battle Level I want to jump to then save and import that file, the game still puts me at Level 1.

Also, I don't know if this is from the same issue, but here's what happened. After using Pokémon Shuffle Unpacker to grab the resource files to update PSSE manually, I tried using Complete All Stages then (S)-Rank All Completed, but the game still puts me on Main Stage 501 instead of 530.

My game is on v. 1.3.32, and I tried using the PSSE above (in reply #953).
it doesnt look the new one works at all, i tried the same thing but it remained in the same save as before edited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work