PSPGo TN-B (Hen)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by jesterscourt, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

PSPGo TN-B (Hen) by jesterscourt at 8:40 PM (1,795 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. jesterscourt
    OP

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Alright, so everyone is going nuts over some new stuff that can work on the PSPGo. And some Gamestops are apparently carrying used Gos for $100.

I already have 2 PSP-2000s running CFW. The PSPGo is considerably smaller. What can I do with all this new info if I'd acquire one, and what can't I do?

I see many topics, with erroneous information, and no real cohesive discussion. This isn't to flame on on why the Go is or is not terrible, I just want to know, with the recent changes, what it can now do, what it still cannot do, and if one wanted to take advantage of all these new benefits, how one would do so in a step-by-step manner.

2. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    I think the sale is over, so I think used Go's are back to $100, or that's at least what I know...

In terms of HEN, it can run most homebrew, and has an ISO loader, which pretty much runs everything. However to run ISO's you need firmware 6.20.

If you google, there are multiple guides on how to install HEN, if you have 6.20.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I really wouldn't bother investing in a Go if you have a fully hackable 2000. I almost fell into the trap of falling for the hype of it all, but in the end i realised that it's just a slightly more portable console which otherwise doesn't do anything different, and does it in a less convenient way.

Save your money and put it towards a 3DS...

(that's what i'm doing .....after being 2 seconds from actually bidding and winning a PSP Go on ebay before realising i'd be nuts to spend good money on something that'd be great to play with for a day or two but then i'd regret the outlay)

4. Zerox8610

Member Zerox8610 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nothing in the PSP Go is different, you'd be better off buying a 16gig memory stick for your ALREADY hacked PSP.

The only change you will see is the lay out of the console itself. As Xist said tho, save your money.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    6.20 TN-B doesn't work with all ISOs, a few homebrews don't work, plugins are 50/50, and there's NO POPS/PSX yet.

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    hm, multi-tasking(well, dual-tasking through a save-state like pause system), wireless PS3 controller support, split-screen multiplayer support in psx games, BT headset, 16GB of storage+memory card of choice, backing up saves without a PC, twice the amount of save slots possible, fullscreen clock/calendar.
    that's not nothing.

7. Zerox8610

United States

All of which is possible AND MORE on a hacked PSP.
    Which OP has 2 of

8. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Lets not turn this into a flame war, please?

The PSP Go DOES have some appealing features. I actually just traded in a Game Boy Advance SP and Rock Band 3 on the Wii for a PSP Go (100; got 40 for my SP, and 10 for RB3, and had coupons for 10 dollars off, on top of my employee discount) so I basically got it for free, along with a free year warranty.

I personally think the PSP Go is great now that it has been hacked. 16 GB internal memory PLUS M2 Micro Memory Sticks are half the price of normal ones. I like how it feels, but I still cannot decide if it is easier or harder to play Monster Hunter lol.

HOWEVER, I agree -- if you already have a PSP 2000 which is FULLY HACKABLE the Go is not really a worthwhile investment. It still needs work on it's CFW and it is not nearly as hacked as the 2000, which means it does less right now. i.e. some ISOs do not work, half of the homebrew that exist do not work...

and if you have one that has been updated past 6.20, it cannot be hacked at all right now. >_>

9. Zerox8610

United States
    Didn't mean to start a war or anything. But quick info about 6.3X firmwares.
    They ARE hackable to an extent, If you load up the Latest half byte loader you can play SOME homebrew. but it is very limited.

10. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    true. forgot to mention that. >_>

weird considering that is what I did with my 6.35 Go. [​IMG]

Thanks for the correction.

11. Rydian

United States
    Okay, how do you do them all on a 2000?

The 16 gigs of internal storage (in addition to the memory stick) in particular, I'm very curious about. [​IMG]

12. Zerox8610

United States
    I did this with my PSP 3000 a few days ago, got some GBA stuff and Wagic running. Until the next TN firmware comes around this will have to do lol

Er.... not firmware but HEN

2 16gig memory sticks??? Heheh...

I think there's a 32 now as well O.o? correct me if i'm wrong

13. Rydian

United States
    Can't use two memory sticks at once in a normal PSP.
    While there are 32 gig sticks, they're more expensive than two 16GB methods.

And I really was asking about the other things he mentioned as well.

14. Zerox8610

United States
    There was an adapter for the PSP a while back that let you have multiple Memory sticks.. idr what the thing was called, but im pretty sure it was a Datel product...
    and save states for instance were done with one application Dark Alex made a long time ago. (Ahhh DAX, those were the days)
    A clock... Seriously??? Google that one lol. you could Use a .SWF file on the browser for that, you wouldn't need a hacked psp.

PS3 controller support was also available... again forget app name.
    Split screen PS1? Hacked PSP with 5.03 M33 or 5.5X GEN has POPS emulation, so there you have THAT. Adhoc multiplayer. Which some of the other Emu's had as well (SNES I believe)

A bluetooth headset. you can't do with software. I'll give you that. But it's been modded into handheld devices so much I don't care to see it ever again lol...
    Memory card of choice?? actually it was a completely new form of flash memory developed specifically for the PSP Go.... so you're limited to what sony did....
    Back up saves without PC? I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    Twice the amount of save slots? Again not sure what you mean by this...

Don't make me find those stupid apps.... please Rydian... lol

15. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    @Zerox8610

small correction, the M2 Micro Memory Stick, is basically the micro sd for sony, it was used for more than just the psp go. I've seen several sony ericcson phones that have support for it instead of the standard micro sd. Nothin much, just saying.

16. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    There are still adapters you can get for the PSP that allows you to use two MicroSD cards. They are readily available too. People say you need two of the same MicroSD cards to make it work (ie:2x 16gb Sandisks), but people have success with two different MicroSD's.

17. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    PhotoFast CR-5400 anyone [​IMG]?
    that's one of them , im not sure if there are any others though .

18. Rydian

United States
    CMFusion has save states. I use on D3 every so often.

19. Zerox8610

United States
    Then whyd u have me list stuff? Lmao

I've been around the PSP hacking scene since 3.XX
    Back when you could talk about hacking the PSP on the OFFICIAL Sony Forums.
    It was hilarious when they banned it, that forum is dead now compared to what it used to be.