PSP1000 Permanently Bricked?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ClintYip_92122, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ClintYip_92122
    OP

ClintYip_92122 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2012
    So I dug out my old PSP1000 a while ago, but the battery was fully dead so I bought a new one. Now that it's charged up, when I power it on the green power-on light turns on for about 3 seconds and turns off again, but with no display at all during those 3 seconds.

This PSP did have a CFW on it (i'm not sure which - it was new enough to play Patapon 3). I've tried pressing R and turning it on, taking out the memory card and turning it on, L+Home and turning it on, taking out the battery and plug into AC to turn it on, any combinations of those - still the same result.

I've tried using a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory stick (freshly created from another PSP1000 with CFW) - tested and works fine with the hacked PSP. Plugged it into my old PSP that's giving the above issues, results in the same green light on/off in 3 seconds.

Anyone know a fix or has had this occur?

2. Natethekidrs00

Natethekidrs00 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    i know this might not be the most helpful but it might be a power supply issue because it powers on and then shuts off (Possible fried motherboard). also just for the record im not that technical with hardware so i could be telling you a stupid common error is a serious issue

3. AlexTCGPro

AlexTCGPro Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    Uruguay
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    I think it happened to me once, I just let it alone for 1 hour or so and it worked fine, you can use without battery just with the charger anyways

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice