PSP WORKING DOWNGRADER

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I followed the installation instructions until it says Then, enter in VSHELL PHOTO MENU, this will launch Version Changer. What does it mean by VSHELL? i figured that was just the normal photo menu and when i clicked on it. the screen freezes and then turns itself off.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that happened to me the first time I tried.
the second time I just went to Photo on the menu, and pressed X.
up comes the numbers, wait, reboot, 1.5 away.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good news
smile.gif

Now lots of downgraded psps at ebay....
I have heard some people that broke their psp so be careful and read the instructions carefully
tongue.gif

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hell yeah! Great news for all psp owners! Fuck WAB, Long live MPH team !
edit:

From pspupdates.com:
QUOTE said:
Go to http://www.psphacks.net/forums/viewtopic.p...der=asc&start=0 and check out the original post by MPH which is where the downgrader first appeared (no, it wasn't on PSPupdates). I have asked him if it was written with Yoshihiro and Sonyxteam as they claim but no response as of yet. There are posts on there that claim MPH had nothing to do with the downgrade. All very confusing!

from sonyxteam.com:
QUOTE said:
SonyXteaM and MPH are proud to present you their new WORKING downgrader for psp 2.0 !!

Yeah you heared it's finally out ! it's  been developped by both Yoshihiro from SonyXteaM and MPH (the creator of the firmware launcher)

Seems that MPH team didn't do this on his own... but it still owns!
yaypsp.gif

edit2:
Yoshihiro doesn't combine hacks without adding really something himself.... He really knows how to code :
QUOTE said:
Who we say Fuck to: Alonetrio and what remains of the WAB team, Artik from SPAXXX, Toc2rta lamerz and especially Niacin (as they stole the 2.0 overflow discovery from a pspupdate's forum member) and released crappy code like a useless kernel dumper), Cpasjuste who said Yoshi is a liar but whose main hobby his to steal code form others. Any people who joined toc2rta, People who said shit about Yoshihiro or blamed him, people claiming we had to release the downgrader to them as they owned that priviledge, and people who forgot that devs have a life.

now you have the proof Yoshihiro knows to code and doesn't code shit !

Wab's reaction on this:

Here is an important statement from Niacin of Toc2rta :

------------
Congratulations to MPH who has successfully developed a downgrader using the exploit discovered by Toc2rta.

Unfortunately there is always one person who tries to claim that it was them. Toc2rta was responsible for the 2.0 exploit/Binary Loader and that has been confirmed by every PSP news site on the planet. Also something i would like to point out is NEVER have Toc2rta asked for donations or released false videos/statements.

Don't claim you can do something. Just do it, Sonyxteam.

One last thing. Toc2rta

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good news
smile.gif

Now lots of downgraded psps at ebay....
I have heard some people that broke their psp so be careful and read the instructions carefully
tongue.gif

yeah, but I believe that the number of brickings have been fairly low.
I was pretty scared, like.. I've had it less than a month, paid $400AU for it, etc.
but I've successfully downgraded twice.
once to prove that I could upgrade again right after.

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We really have proof now that WAB is SHIT!

You needed proof??
laugh.gif

As for the downgrader, I'm glad its finally out because it now means there won't be a topic every other day here asking when a downgrader will be released. Although now there will be topics every other day asking how to get homebrew/isos working on their PSPs since they are too lazy to actually go search other topics and read instructions. Its a no win situation.
cry.gif

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While running homebrew/iso/emu's on the PSP do not put it in sleep mode, and do not turn off the system while running the apps either. Always return back to the PSP menu or you run the risk of killing your Memory Stick...Â
lecture.gif

WHOA! Where did you get this information from?

It's the number one problem of anyone using the MS for this stuff, a few hundred people have had this happen to them ever since the homebrew/piracy scene took off with the PSP.

It works the same way a PS2 or any other memory card/stick based device does. Turn it off while it's being accessed and it may corrupt the data on the memory card/stick, if that happens it can either has to be completely reformatted or it just dies and won't be recognized by the PSP or a PC/memory stick reader.

It's just a general rule of thumb most PSP users will warn new users about, you just paid a bunch of money for a memory stick, it's better to be safe then sorry, and if I say it now the next " I fried my memory stick" posters can't say nobody tried to warn them...

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
While running homebrew/iso/emu's on the PSP do not put it in sleep mode, and do not turn off the system while running the apps either. Always return back to the PSP menu or you run the risk of killing your Memory Stick... 
lecture.gif

WHOA! Where did you get this information from?

It's the number one problem of anyone using the MS for this stuff, a few hundred people have had this happen to them ever since the homebrew/piracy scene took off with the PSP.

It works the same way a PS2 or any other memory card/stick based device does. Turn it off while it's being accessed and it may corrupt the data on the memory card/stick, if that happens it can either has to be completely reformatted or it just dies and won't be recognized by the PSP or a PC/memory stick reader.

It's just a general rule of thumb most PSP users will warn new users about, you just paid a bunch of money for a memory stick, it's better to be safe then sorry, and if I say it now the next " I fried my memory stick" posters can't say nobody tried to warn them...

ARHG! So that's why I lost my SNES saves over 3 times.
cry.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
May someone please post the MPH Downgrader somewhere else?

Rapidshare doesn't allow proxies, which is what I use. If someone could do this, I'd be VERY appreciative.

Many many many thanks in advance, Tjalian.

And, Yoshihiro, sorry for ever doubting you :/ You really do rock! And MPH, you guy are great debugger!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

EDIT: NVM, I got it from IRC
tongue.gif

SilverGenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News