Hacking PSP Street

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im gonna buy the E1000 next week, but can't really find anything that comfirms that it is hackable (Playing BackUps). Could it be that

1 Its not hackable
2 Its delivered firmware is too high to be downgraded/hackable

If it is, infact, hackable, How?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't get the Street, it's inferior in many ways to the previous revisions. Get some extra cash and buy a 3000 or get a pre-owned 2000, 3000 or Go. The Street is not worth your time.

EDIT: Just to elaborate before someone asks the inevitable question "Why?", I'll mention a few reasons:
  1. No WiFi
  2. Mono speaker
  3. Bad overall quality of built
  4. Bulk
  5. Weight
The whole thing feels cheapo, it's a collector's item, nothing more.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention the lack of a built-in microphone or the lack of a serial port which you could use with the PSP Remote. Not that you'd need the mic (since the model hasn't got a WiFi module for Skype or online games with voice chat), but the lack of a serial port can be a hindrance if you plan on using it as a music player.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the 7 shops i checked only sell the E1000/Street. I hate it that my only option would be a used 2000/3000

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hate it that my only option would be a used 2000/3000
I would rather have *good* used hardware than *horrible* new hardware, seriously. If you're hellbent on getting a new one, go online. The previously mentioned faults, among many others, are a complete deal breaker, trust me. E1000 is good only if you're interested in playing Single Player mode, listen to music/watch videos (without a remote) and do nothing else.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate it that my only option would be a used 2000/3000
I would rather have *good* used hardware than *horrible* new hardware, seriously. If you're hellbent on getting a new one, go online. The previously mentioned faults, among many others, are a complete deal breaker, trust me. E1000 is good only if you're interested in playing Single Player mode, listen to music/watch videos (without a remote) and do nothing else.

why would you need a remote while watching videos on a psp? i mean, i kind of hold the psp while watching video... is it just me?

other than that, yeah E1000 is utter crap, it is supposed to be cheap piece of gaming hardware parents get for kids so they don't need to worry that they break it... but at 100£ and being so poorly built... yeah it will break as quickly as you buy it... i got a psp1000, and damn if it isn't immortal i dunno what it is lol... i'd get a latter one but i got a vita, and i am not spending much on it... when wifi broke just bought another one for 15£ and i got a kick-ass perfectly working psp again with a load of spare parts... battery life is heaven after using vita for a bit as well lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, : tpi :