Hacking psp slim 2000 what cfw ?

-=oopeteroo=-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
have recently bought a psp it comes with a custom firmware 3.71 m33-2.
want to update it, what firmware should i use ?

how to update ?

Kaos_XIII

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
My PSP 2000's running 5.00M33-6

Works well.

I believe you need the 5.00M33-6 firmware as well as the official 5.00 firmware
Rename the OFW to 500.pbp put it in the UPDATE folder with the 5.00M33-6 firmware
Run the M33 firmware update from your XMB
????
PROFIT

I also recommend using Prometheus ISO loader after updating.

I also take no responsibility if you actually take my advice and something goes wrong.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t205696-how-to-softmod-your-psp-v3

First go to the 5.03 softmod and start from step 5 (hellcat's) on the PC side, then when you get to the PSP side skip to step 3.

That should get you to M33-6.

Then you can follow the "How to update your (non-HEN) PSP to the latest custom firmware" step.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaos_XIII said:
I also recommend using Prometheus ISO loader after updating.

Wait one sec....i've never seen anyone recommend that before, so either you don't actually mean exactly what you wrote or you do and you're just a trendsetter. Care to clarify exactly what you're recommending here?

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there's a difference, people get kernel and firmware confused because they've never been taught to know the difference between the firmware of a hardware and the kernel.
but in this case, he must know what prometheus ISO loader is, otherwise he wouldn't know the name >.>
that or it was a typo.
anyway, 5.50 GEN/PRO(metheus)>5.00 M33

the only people who recommend 5.00 over 5.50 are sentimental/nostalgic ones who pretend compatability that 5.50 GEN offers and 5.00 M33 lacks is a figment of our imagination.

if you want to be completely stable, i recommend going to 5.00 M33 with hellcat's recovery, and then upgrading to 5.50 GEN-D3, then patching to Prometheus-4.

if you want the latest firmware, or PSN, or comics, or if you're just living on the edge, then go with 6.35 Custom-18, as 6.37 ME-7 is more unstable than 6.35.
you can always go back to 5.00 without worries using hellcat's recovery. - i'm assuming you have a hackable PSP2000. meaning anything but a TA-088v3 motherboard. if your PSP can create pandora batteries then you're fine. if not, then you might want to confirm you don't have a TA-088v3.

also, 6.35 PRO-B3 is very stable, though it's only a LCFW, meaning you have to re-enable it each time you coldboot your PSP.
that's actually what i'm using on my PSP2000.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiousity, is there any benefit to using 6.35 PRO-B3 over a permanent CFW like Gen-D3 with Prometheus-4 (what I currently have now). I've been out of the CFW loop for far too long.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the only benefit would be that you're on the latest firmware (6.35 and 6.37 are the same thing, 6.37 just patches a kernel exploit.), you can still go on PSN with 6.35.
you'd lose compatibility with some plugins, and possibly with pops. ISOs are as stable as GEN-D3 with prometheus, since 6.35 PRO-B3 uses the prometheus ISO loader. that and it's co-created by liquidzigong-the person who created prometheus.

basically, if you don't care about having the latest firmware, stay on GEN-D3.
if you want the latest firmware, you can try 6.35 Custom-18. though i couldn't get any PSX eboots to load on it nor could i on 6.37 ME-7. and all ISOs patched with prometheus module need to be redumped or re-encrypted.
that's why i use 6.35 PRO-B3. it's extremely stable, supports all my plugins, all my homebrew, and i'm on the latest firmware. i don't mind taking 10 seconds each coldboot to re-enable the LCFW, since i only coldboot when the psp dies, or homebrew freezes.

fuck dude, i sound like i'm a paid advertiser.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It supports popsloader now??? And the 1.50 kernel for old homebrew?

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
It supports popsloader now??? And the 1.50 kernel for old homebrew?

no, not the popsloader plugin. :/
i meant pops, like psx games in general.
and no, 1.50 kernel is only supported in PSP phats.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, i realise that 1.50 is only 1000's but you're effectively saying M33 is just for fantasists and then saying "but then again my new shiny firmware can't do any of that old fangled stuff".

Popsloader is an essential plugin for many so that alone renders the lcfw intolerable for lots of people.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah, i hate your staff perq's of invisible edits....

And GEN-D3 is totally pointless. May as well be on 5.00M33-6 or 5.50 Prome-4 or a LCFW. GEN is redundant.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, i realise that 1.50 is only 1000's but you're effectively saying M33 is just for fantasists and then saying "but then again my new shiny firmware can't do any of that old fangled stuff".
i said 6.xx CFWs are unstable. and between 5.50 GEN and 5.00 M33 it doesn't make a difference when it comes to 1.50 kernel. you're not getting support unless you have a psp1000. what's your point?

QUOTEPopsloader is an essential plugin for many so that alone renders the lcfw intolerable for lots of people.
like i said. i already said 6.xx CFWs plugins are limited. and for maximum stability, stay on 5.50 GEN.
also, popsloader isn't exactly needed since PSN PSX eboots work perfectly without popsloaders, and PSN PSX eboots are better than popstation etc eboots in terms of actually working. (whether or not you have the popsloader plugin.)

xist said:
And GEN-D3 is totally pointless. May as well be on 5.00M33-6 or 5.50 Prome-4 or a LCFW. GEN is redundant.
now you're just trying to argue over petty things :/
whenever i say 5.50 GEN, i mean 5.50 GEN-D3 with prometheus-4 patch.
if you read my posts, you'd already know this. (it's kinda obvious).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
GEN fails to address the changes Sony made from 3.80 to the MS access driver. GEN also fails to cover the gamut of older less popular homebrew.

GEN offers nothing these days over M33 as you still need to patch new games. GEN lost features that M33 had but gained the ability to run new games. Those new games are now old games and both firmwares require patched games now.

GEN is redundant, moreso than M33 as it offers less. GEN =/= Prometheus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1