Hacking Homebrew PSP - PSone Emulation Hacked

MC DUI

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
News at Maxconsole is stating that Dark Alex will be releasing firmware 3.02 OE-B tomorrow and it will contain a hacked version of Sony's official PSone emulator!!!
grog.gif

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=12983

There is a youtube video posted at Maxconsole that shows Dark Alex playing Castlevania:SOTN with zero slowdown!

yaypsp.gif
psp.gif
yaypsp.gif
psp.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I really hope its Dark_Alex and not dark-alex >.>

Merry X-mas to all PSP owners
biggrin.gif
I just upped to 3.02 OE-A yesterday and today I hear about this. WHEE!!!

edit: just watched the vid. Rockin!! This will be a happy day indeed. I may extend my vacation another day or so.
smile.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
754boy, you would need an older one (Non-TA-082 board). I am unfortunately stuck with one as my older 1.5 suffered too much damage and needed to be fixed. But hell, here's hoping for a special release of the emulator to be added to Devhook 3.02 FW Files.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I'm confused, so does this mean we can download/rip teh ISOs or .BIN files, put them on the PSP and play away? Because if it does, I'm gonna cream my pants. Fuck NES games, it's time to get Soul Blade and Dragonball Final Bout on the go!
biggrin.gif

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welly welly well. Im so glad i held off updating to 3.02 OE-A. It was like a carrot in front of me for a while now but if this is real, it will be very great Christmas!!

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
PSP Firmware v3.02 OE-B - Run PSX Games NOT ONLY FROM the official PS3 Store!

Dark_Alex is here on Xmas Eve to bring some very cool news! PSP firmware v3.02 OE-B which is a WIP, will have the ability to run PSOne games which are NOT ONLY available from the Official PS3 store. Sony's official PSOne emulator has been found to a real emulator with a real ISO file inside a compressed PBP file. The format has been reversed for emulating PSX games beyond what Sony decide to make available. Stay tuned right here, Dark_Alex is preparing to release a new build tomorrow, it may take a little longer but be sure to take a break from all that Xmas turkey and have a look
smile.gif

source : http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=12983

Dark_alex made it again
smile.gif

I hope the games will run smooth...
Time to play again my fav rpgs which were released only on ps1
smile.gif

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone wanting to buy a Psp you might be better off getting one from Ebay since the ones in stores are likely to either be higher firmware or the newer TO82 or higher Mother Boards that will seriously limit your options (they black list lower firmwares).

Purchasing a Psp with a NON T082 Motherboard up to firmware 2.71 can be reliably downgraded to 1.5 firmware. Although 2.8 firmware can now be downgraded too, it is known to have a higher chance of bricking and is less fool proof.

Now back on topic, this cracked Psx is indeed excellent news, I have played the official Tekken 2, Hot Shots Golf 2, Crash Bandicoot and Syphon filter on the official Sony Psx Psp emulator on 3.02 OE-A already and all of them were full speed, full sound and had highly configurable control pad options. I look forward to playing FFT, FF7 and MGS when this is released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess s22 is getting Ai features after Samsung was like lol no just s24