yaypsp.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's actually pretty easy, you just need to have hot shots golf 2. I'm playing MGS on it as we speak with everything perfect.
tongue.gif
Just remember to use NTSC games and not PAL, because PAL games seem to have problems...

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can also confirm FF9 running perfectly, full speed, full sound and not even any slow down in the intro movies, general gameplay or battle gameplay. In short what you have here is a true portable full speed and sound Psx emulator that can play most of our own games. I just tried Final Fantasy Tactics and this is also running 100% mwuhha.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
...now to wait for a tutorial on how to install this..

happy non-denominational holidays folks!

If you use pspupdates.qj.net and maxconsole.net the readme's included tell all. As far as that "other thing" you need, check out the other name for a "a star that ejects some of its material in the form of a SMALL cloud and become more luminous in the process".org

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm going to vouch for the PSP thing. I went to EB yesterday to look for one below 2.80, but turns out everyone at EB manually upgrades every used one they get to 2.80. Bastards...

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm going to vouch for the PSP thing. I went to EB yesterday to look for one below 2.80, but turns out everyone at EB manually upgrades every used one they get to 2.80. Bastards...

There's a 2.80 downgrader out now, as long as it isn't a TA-082
tongue.gif

BTW, do you have to have the retail version of Hot Shot Golf 2 or an ISO? Or either?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it out. This thing works PERFECT!! I used Suikoden and it brought me back. Yay for playing ultra-rare games of awesomeness that are PSX on the PSP. If anyone has any Q's about it, I might be able to help out.

To whom it may concern: Merry Christmas

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crap i get my psp today for Christmas, i hope its not a ta 82 or whatever, knowing this, id like to play FFtactics.

only one thing though i already bought 4psp games
tales of eternia, legend of heroes, wipeout, and astonisha story.

if i can downgrade and then reupgrade to that new firmware, can i still play psp games that i buy, because i have no intention of downloading psp games

but psx games i have no problems downloading lol.

ps: i know peeps have mentioned web sites and such, but being that i have a crappy cpu with windows 98 second edition, im sorta scared as hell to brick a 200 dollar psp, so could someone point me to a certain forum with perfect instuctions on downgrading if my psp is a non ta 82 that people with no attention span could understand such as myself.

ty

edit: well i did some reading, and im hoping my psp will be a non ta-82 with 2.71, that way i gues i can use that downgrader to 1.5 and then update to that 3.02, but to be honest the instructions for all of this seem complicated as hell and all have options of bricking your psp, which kinda sucks.

i supose ill read more, but i hope that someone has instuctions that at least a 10 year old can understand, cause although im not ten, easy instructions would greatly help

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It does look like you might only be able to play one psx game at a time. It uses the hotshot golf 2 files including the screenshot which you need to load. It doesn't work right with PAL games which I have loads of originals. You need to rip the NTSC games to .ISO format. Anyone know a good utility for ripping PS1 cds to .ISO format?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You dont have to use the iso format, I used .bin files. .img files work too. Its in the readme saying just use the .bin or .img in its place.

As for only playing one game at a time, I say no to that.

heres my PSP folders

PSP
-GAME
--Suikoden
---PBP
---.dat
--Suikoden
---PBP
---.dat

and a note for those who are unsure, make sure you're looking at 3.02 OE-B.

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You dont have to use the iso format, I used .bin files. .img files work too. Its in the readme saying just use the .bin or .img in its place.

As for only playing one game at a time, I say no to that.

heres my PSP folders

PSP
-GAME
--Suikoden
---PBP
---.dat
--Suikoden
---PBP
---.dat

and a note for those who are unsure, make sure you're looking at 3.02 OE-B.

What people mean when they talk about being able to only play one game at a time is the saving issues. Currently you can only save to one location which is the Hotshots Golf 2 save folder. This can be rectified by hex editing the eboot.pbp, you can also add your own backgrounds and icons for the eboots before generating the iso. You don't need the .dat file either, that is the manual. Some pal games do work and some have reported success in converting pal games to ntsc using a utilityn called pal4u2K.exe and p4upatch.exe. I am sure these minor issues will be fixed when Dark Alex releases further updates anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY