OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of buying a PSP but I just want to ask some stuff 1st:

1. How much is a good deal for a used PSP(fat and/or slim)?
2. Which PSP's can't install Custom Firmware?
3. Do I need this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12711 and this will help if I get a slim http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9477 for Custom Firmware?
4. Does the PSP have any Wi-Fi games? (I'm from the DS Lite days
yaynds.gif
)
5. How do I recharge the battery? Is it USB?
6. Once Custom Firmware is on is it safe to update with Wi-Fi?
7. Anything else I need to buy?

Thanks!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:

3. Do I need this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12711 and this will help if I get a slim http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9477 for Custom Firmware?
yaynds.gif
)

Thanks!

1. Hmm, Not too sure, Gamestop sells "used" Phats for 149.00 Might be less now, I got mine few months ago. and you can only assume the slims would be higher but less than 199.00

2. Not sure if its still "unhackable" but I believe its the TA-088 Motherboards that can't be hacked.

3. You will need a Pandora, and a memory stick that you must convert into a MMS ( Magic memory stick.)- Plenty of guides to do this online. Im not sure why you would need battery covers? but I guess you could get them, I see no use for them.

4. SOCOM Fireteam bravo 1-2, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Logans Shadow, Most EA Sport games that are new have Wi-fi multiplayer as well, and others

5. Battery charges through generic wall outlet.

6. If you get M33- Custom Firmware 3.80 or up the "Update" will update your CFW, Instead of installing Sony's update.

7. Should be it. but you WILL need to make the Magic memory Stick yourself.

Hope this helps

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
playallday said:

yaynds.gif
)

Thanks!

1. Hmm, Not too sure, Gamestop sells "used" Phats for 149.00 Might be less now, I got mine few months ago. and you can only assume the slims would be higher but less than 199.00

2. Not sure if its still "unhackable" but I believe its the TA-088 Motherboards that can't be hacked.
!
3. You will need a Pandora, and a memory stick that you must convert into a MMS ( Magic memory stick.)- Plenty of guides to do this online. Im not sure why you would need battery covers? but I guess you could get them, I see no use for them.

4. SOCOM Fireteam bravo 1-2, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Logans Shadow, Most EA Sport games that are new have Wi-fi multiplayer as well, and others

5. Battery charges through generic wall outlet.

6. If you get M33- Custom Firmware 3.80 or up the "Update" will update your CFW, Instead of installing Sony's update.

7. Should be it. but you WILL need to make the Magic memory Stick yourself.

Hope this helps
$150?!? Look what I found! http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-ele...QQAdIdZ70413835 too bad its in ottawa.....

How can I tell?

It's so the Pandora Battery doesn't fall out.

Done.

Thanks!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Okay well then go with that, Im just saying whats in stores around here, I was 99% positive it'd be cheaper online.

2. Not sure check online, Im sure someone has a way to tell without opening.

3. Um. The PSP should come with battery covers. if your worried about the Pandora falling out Keep your hand behind it. or set it on a table. Trust me process of installing CFW is really short. No reason to spend 4 bucks, Keep your hand behind the battery, Hundreds on this site, Im sure have done that.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
1. Okay well then go with that, Im just saying whats in stores around here, I was 99% positive it'd be cheaper online.

3. Um. The PSP should come with battery covers. if your worried about the Pandora falling out Keep your hand behind it. or set it on a table. Trust me process of installing CFW is really short. No reason to spend 4 bucks, Keep your hand behind the battery, Hundreds on this site, Im sure have done that.
1. Is $30 for a fat a good deal?
2. Anyone know?
3. I don't mine paying $3 for making myself a bit more safe.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Sstew said:

2. Anyone know?

1. Sounds fine, As long as there's no defects you should be no problems.

2. Maybe on the box is a product number hmm. maybe i can find a link to help ya.

3. Thats up to you, Good luck with the install

Sstew

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
playallday said:
Sstew said:

2. Anyone know?

2. Maybe on the box is a product number hmm. maybe i can find a link to help ya.

Sstew
1. Just a "tiny crack in the back but does not affect the machine" and "comes with speaker loading dock thing" (he says).
2 & 3. Thanks!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Sstew said:
playallday said:
Sstew said:

2. Anyone know?

Sstew
1. Just a tiny crack in the back but does not affect the machine (he says)
2 & 3. Thanks!

No problem

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
playallday said:
I'm going to use PSP Grader and 390.pbp, is that a good idea?

I used this for my Datel TOOL battery + PSP fat on a 1 GB MS Pro duo (the one in the giga pack) works fine

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a slim through a disgustingly crafty deal 2 weeks ago so I can answer a few of your stuff. I refuse to hack the thing so I can't do them all. I ended up with a 2000 model so keep that in mind (daxter set.)

Honestly...$100-120 Fuck gamestop, they'll want $150. Use craigslist. You can meet someone at your/their place or a neutral area and try it out entirely to see if it's stable and no hosed pixels. People will sell it for that as the asses at gamestop give a 1/3 or 1/4 value return on it so they'll take your $100 vs say like $70 at retail.

4. Does the PSP have any Wi-Fi games?
Yes it does. A few of the titles I have support it, but honestly I have no reason to play with anyone on the stuff I have. I will say that I have used the internal browser and the settings on it are seriously cool shit such as the 'smart fit' and small print mode that make even themed sites like this or others line up nicely.

Both. You get a jack and you can use an USB cable into the pc too. The nice thing with the unit, at least the slim I speak for, it's a smart charger so you don't end up kicking your battery lifes ass as it'll hard switch off when it's 100%. I tend to use it, knock it down 1/2 or something more/less and then just jack it back in. I was nervous at first, read up on it and found it was a good thing to do.

I have 2 pieces of advice, one of them is 3rd party. I found again w/craigslist for 1/2 off ($10) the component jack for the PSP and it's amazing on my 26" LCD. The PSP menu, movies, browser, etc all are full screen...games are like 3/4 (so around 20" box wsith border like GB Player.) The other is by nyko, it looks like a busted in half PS2 dual shock, but it's a double piece a cradle for comfy ps2 feeling grip, but it also has a battery nearly as powerful as the Slims unit and you can switch between one and the other and double charge its battery and the slim at the same time.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vampire Hunter D said:
Honestly...$100-120 Fuck gamestop, they'll want $150. Use craigslist. You can meet someone at your/their place or a neutral area and try it out entirely to see if it's stable and no hosed pixels. People will sell it for that as the asses at gamestop give a 1/3 or 1/4 value return on it so they'll take your $100 vs say like $70 at retail.
Wow, thats going to put me back! I've gotten a few people wanting to sells there PSP's (1000) for $80-$100 to me...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have seen the rare PSP original style go for $75 with just it and the charger, but it wasn't in exactly pretty condition either. If you're wanting one in good shape without a hosed up screen and as a slim the $100-120 is a decent range for fair pricing.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can the PSP Bundle: God of War Package ($250) install Custom Firmware?

P.S. How much can I sell God of War: Chains of Olympus game, Voucher for free downloadable Syphon Filter Combat Ops game and Superbad UMD movie for (I don't want them but they come with it)?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
probably next to nothing since I don't think anyone actually buys UMD movies

if you don't want the extras, why buy the bundle? just save your money and buy the basic kit

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tikker said:
probably next to nothing since I don't think anyone actually buys UMD movies

if you don't want the extras, why buy the bundle? just save your money and buy the basic kit
I was thinking if I can sell them for $100 then it'd pay.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how you could get $100 for a $40 game, a download that costs less, and a movie that new is like $15-20.

...also some people do buy UMDs now just because they've come down so far in price. Almost all of the them you can get used for $7-13 ($10-15 new) these days which is quite fair. I have picked up a few lately with my new PSP to watch if we're ever on the go, or if the little lady has to work an all nighter out at the horse barn on baby watch during that season.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte