Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i gotta say, i wished the creators of ragnarok would have changed the shop survey's. Because the "More weapons" survey should have been changed to "More Physical weapons", and "More magical Weapons"

because the "more weapons" ALWAYS litters the shop menu with staves. I keep passing "More weapons" because im trying to get a specific weapon with a particular element on it, and every time i enter the shop its like a 10:1 ratio in favor of staves.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just thought id mention that while in chapter 6 (cressen castle) there is a cat in the cressen castle courtyard that opens a shop for you while you are traversing Inside Eclair's heart. When you speak to him, his dialogue is still in japanese.

i just thought id mention it to you chepchep, incase you wanted to fix it. Its not really an issue, but i just thought it inform you

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose the patch is now working for you ?
you didn't report if you still had issue or if you successfully patched and played the game using the last link.
and more importantly, if it fixed the tripleXP bonus. (and let's hope it didn't create a bug elsewhere)

The cat shop in the castle is a known issue. I don't remember if there's a reason it can't be fixed or it's just something we forgot to patch many times :P

Last edited by Cyan,

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got Father Salade in my party, and throughout the whole game i was curious as to whether or not the creators of the Remake decided to give father salade a new skill, in particular, if they decided to give him a AoE skill.

turns out they DID give him a new skill, but for some STUPID reason they made it ANOTHER single target skill!?!?

HE ALREADY HAS 4 OF THEM, WHAT THE HECK WAS THE POINT IN GIVING HIM A 5TH ONE?!!?

Arghhhhh, crap like that pisses me off. Its not a secret that Father salades usefulness was limited due to the fact that he cant be power leveled, so any game designer with common sense would have thought, "We should give him a Multi Target skill in the remake"

but no, some idiots out there decided to give him ANOTHER single target skill .... as if he didnt have enough of those.

sorry for my rant. Game designers really tick me off. I can understand making mistakes the first time around, but there is NO EXCUSE for something this stupid in the remake!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the double post but i just reached the final chapter and i have a question regarding new game +.

In the PS2 version, the player needed to do everything they wanted before completing Angel Gate. I still dont understand what new game+ is. I assumed you literally started a NEW GAME. So if i finish the game now, and start a new game(+), then wouldnt i be a the beginning of the game, and thus, i wouldnt have access to all the locations that have been unlocked throughout a playthrough?

i was hoping to do all the "sidequests" after starting a new game+, is that possible? Like cave of trials and dark world titles?

obviously, there are new scenarios/stages in new game+, but are all the other things that are available RIGHT NOW (ie in chapter 12), still available in New Game+'s Chapter 1?

ive been reading a lot of threads, trying to find some info. So far ive come across these words:

1) Overlord Prier Mode
2) Alternate Storyline
3) New Game+
4) Disgaea characters stages

are these 4 different things, or are some connected? Like is New Game+ actually the Alternate storyline, or is overlord prier mode the alternate storyline.

Are the disgaea characters available in new game+, the alternate storyline, or orverlord prier mode?

also, chep, you mentioned a cheat that is built into the game that allows you to access the bonus stages (from thread below):

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/

what is the effect on accessing those stages? Are you not supposed to finish the main game first? Those stages are not new game+ are they?

im at a stand still cause i have no idea where to go from here in terms of writing my guide. Im assuming you guys (Chepchep, and Cyan) have both played this game before, so can you guys help me? Like explain how to advance from where i am right now in the game (which is the start of chapter 12)

Last edited by FinalFLuver,

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been a long time since I have played through the game. If I remember right in New Game + you can do some sidequests and get Disgaea characters. It will require you to play through the entire game to get to the end where you can chose to do the optional bonus material. The optional bonus material for the PSP is some of the best story in LPR or NIS library. It is hilarous how Prier becomes an Demon Overlord. It also sets up her role for the other games she is bonus content in the Disgaea world.

Remember in Japan, La Pucelle came out before Disgaea unlike in the USA where Disgaea came out first. Disgaea took many of the features of La Pucelle and built upon them. Disgaea universe is the way it is because of La Pucelle.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so is this correct then:

1) play through normally and beat the game
2) start new game+, get disgaea characters, and beat game AGAIN
3) after beating the game TWICE, i can access bonus stages??

so i have to beat the game 2x before the bonus stages unlock?

what about overlord prier mode? I keep reading about this but i have no idea what it is. Is it a difficulty level? Like some games have Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty?

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think i figured it out:

1) finish game normally
2) play alternate storyline, which from what i read, is where you actually get Demon lord prier
3) then play new game+

new game+ will have the disgaea characters available to fight, and since the alternate storyline was done prior to doing a new game +, you will have demon lord prier as a playable character

.... ill keep a separate save file at my current spot (chapter 12; prior to completing the game), just incase

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI - at the end of the normal story, right after alouette and angelique are floating there saying their dialogue, the scene cuts to black and shows the flower from the story, and there is dialouge above it that is read by a japanese voice (not sure if its priers japanese voice actor or not, cause i cant tell the difference between any japanese voice), but the words are still in japanese?

anyone know what is written at the end?

what the heck? I just passed the FIN screen, and it asked me if i wanted to save clear data, so i said yes, then it asked me:

"How to start next game"
-As overlord prier
-As prier

what the hell? I thought i needed to do the alternate story to unlock overlord prier mode?

this game is pissing me off

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone on this forum know if im experiencing a glitch here:

chapter 3 of alternate storyline, after Eclair joins, i have TWO of them in my party? 1 of them is level 1, and the other is the level she was at when i completed the original story.

I can pull them BOTH out in the first battle, and BOTH of them can transform too.

i read in a thread that eclair can only transform (provided you completed the story), AFTER the first battle of chapter 3, but like i said, im able to transform DURING this battle??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's normal, it's not a glitch. I also got two of them, the "newgame+" character I kept from my first playthrough, and the "joined" one at lv1.
and you can play as overlord after completing the game the first time, no need to wait for completing the alternate story.

Remakes are often different than original games. if you read information about the PS1 game, there might be differences with the PSP remake.

Last edited by Cyan,

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's normal, it's not a glitch. I also got two of them, the "newgame+" character I kept from my first playthrough, and the "joined" one at lv1.
and you can play as overlord after completing the game the first time, no need to wait for completing the alternate story.

Remakes are often different than original games. if you read information about the PS1 game, there might be differences with the PSP remake.

thanks for the reply Cyan. I just started a new game+, and im having ANOTHER Eclair problem. The eclair that i have at the start, is the Level 1 Eclair??

what happened to my Eclair that i finished the first playthrough with?

i searched the forum but only found 1 person who experienced a similar issue.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/566126-la-pucelle-tactics/65134592

however, his issue was worse, as he had neither eclair at the start. He also indicated that he played through the game, and when he was supposed to get eclair in the later chapters, she didnt show up.

so im assuming THIS is a glitch?

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for the DP, but i just reached chapter 7 (so eclair joined my team), however, the game doesnt recognize her, and instead you are stuck with the Level 1 Eclair you had at the start of the game.

This is definitely a glitch, and it must have something to do with the fact that you get TWO eclairs in Overlord Prier's storyline. In that storyline, the human characters leave for the last 3 stages, yet the Eclair COPY (the one that is at level 1) remains with Overlord Prier.

Thus, at the start of a New Game+, the player is supposed to have all the characters from the beginning, but since Eclair COPY never left, the one that was leveled up in the original storyline, doesnt get added to the party.

Based on the above link that i posted, im assuming that player started the game on overlord prier (instead of doing a normal playthrough first), thus when he played overlord prier he only had 1 copy of eclair (which couldnt transform), and when he started new game+, she disappears entirely from the game.

so i dont believe it is possible to have a LEVELED elcair in new game+

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im experiencing another "glitch", and this one is pissing me off. The miracles WONT chain.

and NO, im not setting them up wrong. Ive done this a million times, and im even using savestates, so when it messes up, i just reload to double check.

After setting it up, i purify the first portal to initiate it, then as it goes around and makes it back to the start, the miracle triggers, so then the next thing should be for the next portal to purify itself. All the portals inside the loop should go off provided the loop is always CLOSED.

well, here is where the glitch occurs. The VERY NEXT portal that is supposed to purify doesnt purfiy. Instead, the entire miralce stops and i get the equipment screen showing the weapons leveling up from the first miracle ONLY.

[what is weird, is immediately after the first miracle goes off, i hear the "Re-Action" sound. This is not supposed to happen after a miracle.]

once again, stuff happens to me AND ONLY ME. This is something that has NEVER happened to me in my 10+ times (and some 1,000+ miracles) playing this game.

i only did a couple miracles in the original playthrough, because i was planning on mass leveling my items in new game+. So is this a NEW feature of Ragnarok?? Specifically, the possibility that the miracle just stops?

i reloaded, and redid the miracle, and it worked normally. Then i got new weapons and tried leveling them up, and once again, it stopped.

so that is 2 out of 3 times now, that the stupid miracle just stopped after the first miracle went off

Even if we were to assume i set it up wrong (which i didnt), if the FIRST miracle went off, then that is the ONLY requirement for the next portal to be purified, because that means i made it go around full circle. So the fact that the inside portals dont trigger, and the miracle just stops, shows that its not an error on my part.

i cant believe this is happening. If i cant level up my equipment, then i cant get strong, and if cant get strong, then i cant fight the optional bosses, and if i cant fight the optional bosses, then i cant finish my guide!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember issues with miracles.
But I didn't play that game recently, so I might have forgotten a lot of things, but I really don't remember having issues with the chain.

I guess you are using the latest patche, the one chepchep fixed the tripleExp, right?
did you try the previous version to see if the bug is introduced due to the tripleExp fix ? it could have change some functions and made bugs elsewhere.

the bug with duplicated eclair is weird, as I really thought it was on purpose that you got 2 of her, but if you can't use her that's strange :(

Last edited by Cyan,

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't remember issues with miracles.
But I didn't play that game recently, so I might have forgotten a lot of things, but I really don't remember having issues with the chain.

I guess you are using the latest patche, the one chepchep fixed the tripleExp, right?
did you try the previous version to see if the bug is introduced due to the tripleExp fix ? it could have change some functions and made bugs elsewhere.

the bug with duplicated eclair is weird, as I really thought it was on purpose that you got 2 of her, but if you can't use her that's strange :(

I figured it might be the patch, however, i didnt have any issue with miracles in the original playthrough, only the new game+. Without savestates, this game probably wouldnt be playable for a hardcore gamer (ie someone that likes powerleveling items, and wants to get uber strong).

I say that, because i can get the miracles to work by repeatedly reloading the state, and trying new positions for the dark portal that i purify (ie the initial dark portal that triggers the miracles).

for example:

D = Inital dark portal (Red)
--- = initial dark portals stream (Red)
>>> = stream that is connected to all other dark portals (White = holy)
c = change up

>>>>>------D

so when i trigger "I", it will start to purify the red squares and goes to the white squares. This circles around back to the start, resulting in a miracle, but then it completely stops.

c------D
l
>>>>>>

this one works fine. However, it doesnt always work like this, which is why i said i need savestates. I need to change the position of WHERE the initial stream enters the main stream.

as for eclair, ya, i dont understand why i couldnt use the original one that i leveled up during the main story, but at least the copy stayed with me. I wonder, if the player doesnt get 2 copies of eclair during the alternate storyline, then they may not be able to use Eclair AT ALL in new game+ (which is what i BELIEVE happened to that poster i linked above). If thats the case, then the Eclair "bug" is not a patch issue, rather, the programming of the game itself since if im not mistaken, the person in the thread that i posted above, was playing the game in japanese.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im still trying to figure out a way such that the miracles chain wont stop after the first one. For someone using savestates its less of an issue cause like i mentioned above, you just need to mess around with the position of the initial dark portal that you purify.

ive been leveling weapons pretty much all day, and not once has it worked on the first try. I am required to reload my save state and mess around with the first dark portal EVERY single time.

If i wasnt using save states i would completely give up on this game the way it stands (ie with this glitch)

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damn father salade. Im trying to figure out whether or not the Ragnarok version gave him an AoE skill, so im leveling him up to 100.

If he didnt get an AoE skill in this remake then he will be just as useless as he was in tactics.

He already requires 40% more EXP per level up than prier, culotte, and alouette, and 20% more EXP per level up than eclair, croix, and homard, but without an AoE skill, his powerleveling is torture.

EDIT: finally got him to LV 100, and he doesnt get any new skills. I swear, sometimes i fully believe, that the people who make these games, dont even play them. Even worse still, i dont think they even care about the opinions/suggestions of the players.

In tactics, it was known that father salade was the only human character that couldnt be powerleveled, yet they completely ignored this fact when making the remake.

It would be one thing if they didnt give ANY of the characters new skills, but it's another thing entirely to give them new skills and when giving the new one to father salade, to make it single target. This just shows that they have most likely never played the damn game.

sorry for my rant

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just received Prier's second title. I thought i would mention that the final dialogue is not translated. Specifically, the dialogue that culotte narrates just prior to the words "to be continued" show up ("to be continued" IS in english though)

ive also been racking my mind trying to figure out HOW/WHEN prier gets her 3rd skill in her demon form.

when i was playing through the alternate storyline, i fought demon prier several times, and she had 3 skills at level 57

1) Meteor Shower
2) Dark Blaster
3) **Demon Rampage

1 and 2 were available at the start, so i figured maybe she would obtain the 3rd skill after either getting her first or second titles, but she hasnt.

maybe after the superbosses?? I dont really know, but this is driving me nuts :)

there is also some kind of "glitch" or something with her name afterwards. After getting her first title, her name in the status menu was "Devil", and after getting her second title, her name in the status menu was "Demon".

however, once prier transforms into her other form, the title changes to "Devil" again, and when i change back, it remains "Devil", in other words, the name "Demon" disappears for some reason??

i tested this because i thought maybe her Demon Rampage skill was a combo with another demon enemy, so i recruited Hekatoncheir and placed him next to prier. But like i said, when i transform into her other form, her name changes PERMANENTLY from Demon back to Devil. So, on the odd chance that the skill requires her name to be demon, there would be no way to have the skill, since she cant keep that name once she changes into her other form.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont think ill be able to find all the translation errors. It is taking forever. The dark world items have been especially brutal to find.

some prefixes are mixed up, like "Godly" in tactics is "Hero" in this game

while others have been given new names entirely, like "Courage" in tactics is now "Champion" in this game?? But "courage" still existed in this game, so i had to find out what it USED to be (which it ended up being "Hero" from the tactics version)

likewise, the famous "Garbage" items are now called "Demon", but demon used to be a prefix on its own in tactics, so now i have to find out what demon changed to in this game??

im getting a headache ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(