TheMrPsychoZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
look here
Immagine.png
the red circle is the font used by the game ... that blue instead written by me .... is different ... how do I change the text using the same font and size ?

CinderBH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After I applied the patch, it caused some of the voice clips in dialogues to disappear. Is there a reason for this?

EDIT: Ah... I tried again and they're back. Odd, it seems to be an intermittent deal.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its an issue of you typing in ASCII and not in SHIFT-JIS... LPR text is all in SHIFT-JIS...

ASCII will crash the game if you insert characters like "A"... It is used as an deliminator...

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Apostrophes are one of the missing chars that caused the game to crash... would take quite a bit of assembly coding to put them in and also go back through the 100's of pages of text in this game and reinsert them all...

I agree with Linka... I have no desire to fix anything since the game is completely playable all the way through... My next project will have these sort of things fixed since I have learned how to program in PSP ASM now...

Just really not worth my time and rather be working on a new project...

I am more than willing to support anyone that wants to take making these fixes and will pass all my tools if anyone wants them...
please fix it someday the width issue

Last edited by Shinon,

ShinkuTear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, I'm back, and with more issues :(

I'm getting messed up text for: Current party member names, current inventory and equipment.

If I buy new stuff or capture new creatures, they appear fine enough, such as Baal being named "Baal" and having the title/class of Demon... but the Baal I had before are all all " -", or shop versions of things I have being fine, but ones in my inventory are messed up.

In the status list, it is starting with Prier, followed by Culotte, Alouette... The items in the other pic are mostly the Orichalcum... I think.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is if I load the translated version of the game, and load a file that originated from an untranslated version of the game. Files made in the translated version seem to be fine. Compatibility issue maybe?

Ragnarok eng issue.png Other Ragnarok eng issue.png

Last edited by ShinkuTear,

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. Are you certain you're applying the patch to a clean iso? As in, not an iso that's had a patch applied to it before.

ShinkuTear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not 100% certain that it was a 'clean' iso, but I am 100% certain it is what I was using before, it should still be fine... right?

If I load up the unpatched cvn-lpr instead of the LPR_patched, the file from the above screenshots, which originated from an unpatched version, is perfectly fine. Similarly, any files made in the patched version are fine if I load up either version.

So the above file, from when I played on PSP, is getting that text issue *only* if I load the english patched version.

I suppose I could abandon the above file... but it is my oldest and furthest :( I'll see about somehow copying a 'fresh' version of the iso off my PSP, and go from there.

Edit: Copied the cvn-lpr off my PSP, applied the patch from the first post, tried again... no luck :(

Last edited by ShinkuTear,

ShinkuTear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I shouldn't have any DLC installed. I didn't buy any, and I have no idea how to get the free stuff, so I should be fine. No extra characters, no optional fights aside from the Cave of Trials and the Baals...

Speaking of which, the Level 4000 Baal near the town, unlocked by defeating the Level 2000 Baal in the bottom right of the world map, seems to be referred to as "Disc Bar" or such in the translation, when I believe the actual name was supposed to be Disgaea Baal. Can screenshot it if needed.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So some bad news about the save file... once you save with a bad iso or bad patch most of the items and names and etc are permanently saved with the typoes or garbled text. If you try to use that save file with a clean iso or with a clean patch the old data will continue and not fixed.

BlackjackDesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, while the Triple bonus for training wish works, the triple exp for next battle or next purification wishes don't. I've tried to get them many times, but none have worked so far. Could it be related to the patch?

Reactions: FinalFLuver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THERE'S A COMPANY THAT DEADASS SELLS BEAR MILK LMFAOOOOOO