Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took Cyan advice and I have created a new patch with all the bug/ typo updates and the battle images translated.

Here is the patch:
(LPR English Patch v0.3.1)

If anyone has issues with it let me know.

Enjoy.
-ChepChep
I have an issue with it already guess what Thank You for the work you are doing on this that is my ISSUE :lol:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the new patch :)

I noticed few things not fixed:
- Aid staff description "Has the elemental power of" (no description of what the power is)
- "VitaminDagger" is still "V itaminDagger" with the space.
Maybe because both were already in my inventory? I think the name and description is auto-generated for each items and stored in your inventory (it's not a description database for all items, more like a description stored per created item), which explains the issue with dark world items.
In the shop the description is fine with 0.3.1

My other unfixed item's descriptions are from the darkworld, so I won't report them.

Other reported things seems fine :)
Thanks.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

You are correct. The name and description are generated when the item is created. Thus ones with typos will not fix themselves with the patch. Any new items should be fixed.

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an ISO of my PSN version of the game and was unable to successfully patch the current patch you provided. This is the log of the process.. [9:17:23 PM] Original file "LPR.iso" selected. [9:17:25 PM] Patch file "LPR_patched_v0_3_1.xdelta" selected. [9:17:31 PM] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!) [9:17:35 PM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPU I noticed on the first page you make mention of a specific iso. Do I need to get this or is there an issue with my dump?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
original clean iso checksum that you should use to apply the patch:
md5: e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7
sha1: a773aeb5a27074b679bca68f75d2af7b516d720c
crc: 295ca347

Maybe the version of xdelta is not good.
I noticed that different versions produce different results.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
original iso checksum:
md5: e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7
sha1: a773aeb5a27074b679bca68f75d2af7b516d720c
crc: 295ca347

Maybe the version of xdelta is not good.
I noticed that different versions produce different results.
I compared the 2 ISO PSN and cvn-lpr.iso they have different checksums and I got the same error he did but with cvn-lpr.iso it worked fine

They also have different boot ULJS00244=cvn-lpr.iso PSN Version=NPJH50201

Wonder if any know this but their is DLC for it as well La Pucelle: Ragnarok Ellie from the Marl Kingdom series

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't use the PSN version.
You need the UMD version, it's explained in the first post.

Edit:
The DLC will not work, and will not be done as it replaces a lot of files already translated, it would require another full translation and hacking.

Edit2

Another week, another report time :)
enemies flavor? the text is outside of the box (look below, it's hard to read)
217806-pic_0086.jpg

Ex ercising
217811-pic_0109.jpg

Sex y
217812-pic_0111.jpg

Since you edited the 第 kanji (number/numeral) to "Lv", it's also displaying "Lv" instead of 第 話 (chapter or End chapter) in the chapter Clear bonus window's title.
217805-pic_0079.jpg
->
217808-pic_0090.jpg

I don't know if you can find a name to match both the dark world menu and the chapter clear window.
Maybe "Chapter", but it will not fit "Spirit Chapter10". http://s5.filetrip.net/p/351/216116-pic_0066.jpg
Maybe just "Chap."

Or maybe just delete it or replace with spaces.
When you are in dark world you will see only the floor number ("Spirit 10" without "Lv" in front of the number), and the Clear bonus window will also have only "Clear bonus" in the title.
what do you think?

Same for "demon" when completing a Dark world
217812-pic_0111.jpg

Do you know where "Demon" is used too? It's probably used elsewhere in the game. Deleting it without knowing what will be affected is not a good idea.
I guess here :
217813-pic_0108.jpg

There's also an untranslated kanji there.

When in dark world, the menu says "Spirit Lv10"
when completing the dark world, the title says "Demon"
in the record girl, it says "Demon world"
I don't know if it's possible to harmonize the name.

chapter 4

We ll -> We will
217807-pic_0088.jpg

Tradgey -> Tragedy ?
217809-pic_0102.jpg

Chapter 5

Missing "to" somewhere in the sentence.
either "We need to access the" or "we need access to the"
217810-pic_0107.jpg

I think I spotted a place with a missing text box.
the sentence wasn't complete and there was no other message after that.
It's when going to the royal castle, or in the library.
I'll probably start the chapter again anyway, I'll tell you if I notice it again.

edit:
I found it. It's the last sentence before the heart battle:
217816-pic_0130.jpg

I guess it's missing a new text box with "her heart."
It was already reported here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/page-35#post-5016643
You said you fixed it, but it's not fixed. Or maybe there's no other text after that? the sentence need rephrasing maybe.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/page-35#post-5017254
The cat's text is still untranslated.
217817-pic_0131.jpg

I tried to exit the Heart level to the courtyard, talk to everyone and went back into the heart, to test if the game was freezing when saving like Linka's report.
It didn't freeze.
I'm playing on real PSP. it was probably just a random crash.

I'm progressing in the story and try to find issues with grammar/typo. I'm probably missing NPC and few texts as I only check what I'm reading.
I hope it's fine for you that I report them, it's not hard or annoying to fix them every week?

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's on me for assuming either the PSN or UMD version would work. I didn't know where to find that one on a PSP friendly site so I just figured buying the digital version from PSN would be enough. Costly mistake and assumption on my part *sigh*

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if you started fixing the previous report, so I'll do a new one so I'm sure you see it.

Alway s
218663-pic_0138.jpg

Chapter6

"she" should be "he", as she's talking about Homard.
She is talking to herself, maybe it should even be around parentheses? it would look better.
218662-pic_0137.jpg

Chapter 6 result's title still has "6" in kanji after Lv.
218664-pic_0148.jpg

Chapter 7

I didn't find anything wrong.
It was a short chapter.

Chapter 8
Alouette's (written here as Alouettes) would look better with "Alouette is"
218665-pic_0157.jpg

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Michael Tripp,

I would argue you did not make a costly mistake. Please support the NIS for making such a wonderful game that we were able to translate. The two options to support the game is to either purchase the PSN version or the UMD version.

I thank you for supporting the game. Most people would just go out an pirate the game without even considering buying any version of the game.

If you have any trouble with patching the UMD version just pmail me.

-ChepChep

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just to remind folks: If you own a PSP, you should highly consider importing the game regardless. It's a great game, and La Pucelle: Ragnarok is very affordable to get, especially physically.

Shoot, if I could figure out how to easily do a region switch for my Vita and afford another memory card and PSN code, I'd buy the game digitally too-- but for now, I do have my physical copy of the game.

EtoileNumbahOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI guys! Made an account just to say thanks for this awesome patch. So happy to finally play this game in English. I'm headed on a long trip, meaning long plane rides, and this gem will be perfect.

Question about DLC though. I know that it isn't being translated, and the reasons make perfect sense. I have the a legal copy of the dlc though. Is there some way for me to use the DLC even if it stays in Japanese? I don't know what's up, but the DLC isn't even showing up in my game. Neither in my Japanese game (with the UMD) or the English version. I can't remember when the dlc shows up though. Is it supposed to show right after I start the game? Or do I have to talk to someone/get to a certain point? I think it might not even be registering, maybe because I didn't have custom firmware when I got the DLC way back when?

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that the DLC essentially reprograms the game-- it wouldn't probably be as much of a problem if the DLC was separated from the game, allowing you to simply use it and ignore the Japanese, but this is a case where it will actually affect the entire game to use it.

The DLC shows up as a spot selection on the main map, right after you're able to bring it up in the first place (though maybe you need to do the tutorial stages first). It might be hard to find it, but it's there. It's easier to find it right after starting the game since it's literally the only other spot, other than the map you're SUPPOSED to be going to and the hub city.

EtoileNumbahOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Weird. It isn't showing up for me. I know it used to. I had Elly and Cornet. Oh well. I guess I can just play without it. I mean, it would ruin all the english anyway. Thanks!

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be that applying the patch to the game may have made the DLC entirely incompatible, due to different coding. It definitely isn't a huge loss, but I'm glad I helped.

Volstag

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello from Brazil!!
I made an acount here, only to thanks this translation!
I'm playing everyday, and realy love the game, congratulations for the work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm still playing chapter 8 ... it's long to level up.
I'm lv25-40, I'm not ready to beat the Lv100 boss.

As a general matter, I noticed that all item names with X has a space after X.
Sex y (Sex y claw, Sex y cape)
Ax e (LightAx e, FrilledAx e, DemonAx e)
If you can, check all the items with an X. If you can't, I'll report them when I encounter a new one, like my previous reports.

I also found these with a space in a word:
"Not Q uite finished".
"Alway s gets user into trouble"
"V itamin Dagger"

Maybe I already reported some of these. as the items are kept with the error even with the new patch, I don't remember which one are fixed or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo