Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Shrunken Pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks... cripes, I knew that site name from familiar but couldn't place it :O

Basically, these translation patches are a legal grey area. We can't stop translated ISOs from showing up on the net, but if anyone finds any site that attributes the file directly or indirectly to Chep or gbatemp.net, the administrators of those sites should be contacted and a request should be made to pull the files - otherwise it looks (from the POV of a legal team) as if the ISO has been uploaded by either the patch author or someone directly connected to the project. There are occasionally some talented hackers and coders who become so proud of their work that they step over the legal line in order to show it off to a bigger audience. Anyone here who's been following this project for a while knows that's not the case here, but convincing a team of well-paid lawyers acting on behalf of NIS/NISA or their publishers would likely be much harder.

If an external website chooses to keep full ISOs illegally available for download that's their own choice and responsibility, I don't want to go too deeply into the rights and wrongs of that because that's something every site owner would surely be aware of and decide for himself, but for a project such as this the absolute best way of clearly establishing the stance the author and others involved in the project is to actively intervene whenever possible, like the members of another project I used to be involved with (which is where I had this mentality drummed into me) always tried to do:

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14536

Had I not been using the browser on my Vita (my laptop died some time ago, which is why I haven't posted in a while) I'd merely have emailed the site I mentioned and attempted to have the file pulled; I most likely won't have mentioned it on here, but I needed to in this case to alert everyone in the hopes someone would be able to. I really wasn't expecting the situation to be solved in the peculiar way it has been, I'm gobsmacked :)

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm gonna note this since I skipped by it, thinking there was another line after it.

In the chapter with the darkness in Eclair's heart, after entering her heart, and literally RIGHT before the first battle starts for it, there's a very incomplete text window in terms of what's being said. It's like it got cut off at some point, maybe because the line was too big for it. I don't want to really go through the whole Dark Eclair fight again just to get it, but it really took me off-guard. Made me go, "wait, that was it??"

Edit: And uh, the game just froze while I was going to save after entering Eclair's heart again after going from the courtyard. WELP.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In town, when you talk to the battle tutorial guy in the street, there's an empty/invisible text box at the end of "Learning Magic". You have to press O on no text box to go back to the tutorial list.

Reactions: Linka

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

I got the extra text box fixed.

Linka,
I am trying to track down the bug you are encountering for freezing.

Has it made it such that you cannot progress in the game?

I cannot seem to make it happen on emulator and PSP. I did find the text box your were refering to and fixed it.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good, you found the box.

I didn't try again after last night, since I need to do the Dark Eclair fight again. I'll try it again in a while and tell you if it stops me. See if it does it again after going from the Courtyard. Hopefully, it was just a one-off situation.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of a few ways to crash the game but its mostly my fault when packaging the files. One major issue is that the files have file size limits and if you go over them the game will crash. I checked for that one and it does not have any issues. It will crash when you try to talk to NPCs if its an issue.

SuezXXVII

Trophies
XP
Country
i cant patch.. i follow the steps.

Patch: LPR_patched_v0_3_0.xdelta
Sourcefile: cvn-lpr (i download the iso on hako site)
Outputfile: LPRagna.iso

Untitled.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like the message told you, The target (output file) is not correct.
You need a full path D :\PSP\La Pucelle Ragnarok Eng patch\LPRagna.iso
not the filename only.

Easier way is to click on the "..." button on the right, and select the folder you want to save the patched file, choose a filename in the explorer's saving window.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, it froze again.

I talked to the NPCs in the castle courtyard, went into the heart, and tried to save. It froze there. Thankfully this time, I made a save state instead before trying this! Saving without leaving the heart seems to work fine. Saving after going to the courtyard, but talking to no-one, and then going back to the heart works too. Heck, even tried to do a save after just talking to Alouette, and it works fine, too.

Something must be buggy about talking to the NPCs. On that note, the Rosenqueen NPC (who's one of the cat pirates) is untranslated. Funnily, it doesn't SEEM to be them, cause I tried talking to them alone, and saving worked fine there too.

Edit: Also, missed the screen, but the Queen has a line of "Your name is Prier, is not it?" Should be fixed to "is it not?". General "isn't didn't convert right" line.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linka,

Fixed the typo for Queen and also the NPC for rosenqueen... Not sure about freeze when saving in the courtyard. I cannot seem to reproduce it. I will try to again tomorrow.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, you can't save in the courtyard itself. I talked to every NPC in the courtyard, went back to the Heart, and then tried to save, and that's where the freeze happened. It's super strange. Though it might only happen after you come out of the first battle for it? Who knows.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing exactly what you describe but I cannot get it to crash... Its really strange... Everything seems to work fine... Are you playing on the PSP or PPSSPP emulator? I cannot remember how you are playing.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I thought... I have been trying to get LPR to crash in that location with PPSSPP and I cannot reproduce it. I am not going to be able to fix the issue unless I can reproduce it.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine. It's pretty weird as it is, so I'd have to wonder what exactly triggers it.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you found a bug in the PSP LPR game?

Maybe some strange combination can cause the game to crash at that point.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, maybe. I wouldn't be too surprised, all things considering. Ah well, as long as it doesn't stop me from continuing, right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could share your savegame so chepchep can try?
it's maybe an issue based on your progress/items/etc..

Which chapter is it? I'm at chapter 2, if it's not too far I can try to go there on my own and see if it crashes too.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saved over it, so it'd be impossible to do that.

This is specifically chapter 6, aka the one that starts off going to the castle to get access to the library, but you have to take care of a "Dark Knight" problem first, which turns out to be a super stressed Eclair having disassociated herself. Very specifically, again, the freeze happens to me after I have finished the first battle in her heart, go out back into the courtyard (since that's where auto-healing happens), talk with all of the NPCs, including the store/Dark World ones, and then going back into the heart to save. (since you can only save in the heart, not in the courtyard.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.