Gaming PsP - Ic1003 with FW 5.51

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey gang, I hope some of you can help me.

A few years ago I had read up and learned how to play SNes games on my PSP using my copy of GTA. Although I could play roms and emulators and such, I could not play ISO's, but that was fine, I was happy with that. If I remember correctly, at that time my Motherboard didn't permit me to play ISO's on my memory card or to downgrade the Firmware to do so. I think I had OFW 2.70 or something at the time. No higher then 3 point something, but I digress.

One day my nephew wanted to play a game on my PSP and updated it. I was screwed, everywhere I read, my motherboard and newer firmware wouldn't permit it, so I gave up trying to play emulators and such. A few years past and I upgraded it here and there, and today it's now at 5.51. A few days ago I decided to check up and see if things had changed, but I've been searching the net now for a few days to no avail, so these forums seemed to be a good place to ask for help directly.

So here goes...

Is there anything I can do with my PsP now?

To help you guys help me better, this is what I have and this is what I know.

I own a PsP which I believe to be a 1000, IC1003 model with firmware 5.51 update Version 3.80. I've heard of a Pandora's battery, but I cannot purchase one over the internet.... but I read somewhere that I could make my own. Presently I have the one default battery and the one 4gb Memory card to work with.

I'd love to be able to play Super Mario again or maybe even be able to play ISO's now!

I would appreciate any help anyone has to give me.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You have a 1000 model, so you don't need to worry about the motherboard, all of them are fully hackable
tongue.gif

What you do need, is a pandora battery. I don't suggest making your own because you could do something wrong. Have you got a friend with a PSP 1000? You could soft mod your battery.

But if you have to, read the sticky on how to make a pandora yourself.

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prowler485 said:
You have a 1000 model, so you don't need to worry about the motherboard, all of them are fully hackable
tongue.gif

What you do need, is a pandora battery. I don't suggest making your own because you could do something wrong. Have you got a friend with a PSP 1000? You could soft mod your battery.

But if you have to, read the sticky on how to make a pandora yourself.

Thanks for replying.

Is there a difference between a pandora battery and a soft mod battery?

And what's the worst thing that could happen if I tried to make my own pandora battery? And do I need a second PsP for all this?

The other thing is, if I do manage to make my own battery, all the guides I found referred to 5.05 and lower. I'd hate to do all this and not be able to do anything?

Sorry bout the 20 questions, just got excited when you replied and said I had nothing to worry about. LOL

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Pandora will work no matter what firmware you are on. Making your own could possibly destroy your battery. No you don't need a second PSP for anything.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
LogicAudio said:
Thanks for replying.

Is there a difference between a pandora battery and a soft mod battery? They are both the same just made differently

And what's the worst thing that could happen if I tried to make my own pandora battery? It could blow up lul
And do I need a second PsP for all this? Only if you want to soft mod the battery into a pandora

The other thing is, if I do manage to make my own battery, all the guides I found referred to 5.05 and lower. I'd hate to do all this and not be able to do anything? Once you have a pandora made, you can use PSPgrader to make an MMS. Once made, stick the pandora in and keep hold of 'L' (Set by default) and it should boot up by auto. Then it comes to a menu on which you can install 5.00 M33. Once you installed that you can play .ISO and your emulators again
smile.gif

Oh, and don't worry about how high the firmware it is, a Pandora can work on any firmware if the motherboard is fully hackable and your PSP is a 1000 model so it's definitely hackable
wink.gif

Sorry bout the 20 questions, just got excited when you replied and said I had nothing to worry about. LOL

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I decided I'm gonna try to make my own Pandora battery and found this youtube video of a guy showing what to do, and stated that it was best to drain the battery b4 i attempt this, but if I drain the battery will it then be rechargeable to proceed in making the magic memory stick? :S

should I just make the magic Memory stick first then the battery?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't matter which order you make them in, but you will need to have both before attempting to install CFW. Only try to make the battery if you're sure you won't do any lasting damage to the battery and you understand the consequences.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Srsly...don't bother with a hard mod on your own battery. Just buy one from DX...another week won't kill you!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with Xist. You only have 1 battery to work with and hardmods are permanent. Pandora's are only useful for service mode and cannot boot into the XMB. Buy a Pandora off dealextreme.com they are very cheap but shipping takes blooming ages.

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
It doesn't matter which order you make them in, but you will need to have both before attempting to install CFW. Only try to make the battery if you're sure you won't do any lasting damage to the battery and you understand the consequences.

I'm confident in my ability to safely open the case and carefully cut the 4th "leg", but I guess I'm also asking if the one battery turned into a pandora's and the one Memory stick I have is all I need? Or will I need to purchase a second mem stick and battery for me to play games and such?

I'm sorry but I think the more I read up on all this the more I get conflicting and confussing information. I just wanna be sure I have all I need to get this working.

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Srsly...don't bother with a hard mod on your own battery. Just buy one from DX...another week won't kill you!

I stated in my first post that I cannot purchase from online means... so making my own seems to be the only way.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remember your battery won't work normally after you make it into a Pandora. You will need to either buy another battery or attempt to re-solder the pin.

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Magmorph said:
Just remember your battery won't work normally after you make it into a Pandora. You will need to either buy another battery or attempt to re-solder the pin.

Ok, so there's something Im not getting here. This pandora battery is only used for boothing or something? Once CFW is installed I need to use a regular battery? If so that's not a prob, I can go buy one of those.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LogicAudio said:
Magmorph said:

Ok, so there's something Im not getting here. This pandora battery is only used for boothing or something? Once CFW is installed I need to use a regular battery? If so that's not a prob, I can go buy one of those.
Yes that's correct. You only need to use the Pandora to install CFW and after that you won't need it anymore.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can delete everything off the memory card when you're done with it.
Also, you can boot up the PSP with the pandora but it's not recommended.

A Pandora battery is only used for booting up to service mode and re-flashing your PSP.

LogicAudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Magmorph said:
LogicAudio said:
Magmorph said:

Yes that's correct. You only need to use the Pandora to install CFW and after that you won't need it anymore.

Ohhh ok thanks!!

Now what about the memory card turned into a magic one, will i need a regular memory stick as well? And if not, is it true that i shouldn't use the 4gb card I have? a 1gb is better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN