Hacking PSP Firmware Update 6.61

D

Deleted User

I ran the update. The softmod I was using was called something like "Fast Recovery 6.60 PRO".

The softmod tries to launch, but the PSP just turns black and turns off. There's nothing like an error message saying you're not allowed to run this program or anything like that.

Why the hell would you update? Your last hope is the ME posted on a video above you i doubt PRO will ever released an update again.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
"please do not take place in the vicinity of the power outage time."

They say that as if there's a scheduled time that power goes out in people's homes. XD

dc740

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I ran the update. The softmod I was using was called something like "Fast Recovery 6.60 PRO".

The softmod tries to launch, but the PSP just turns black and turns off. There's nothing like an error message saying you're not allowed to run this program or anything like that.

Try LME-2.3. There is a video showing that it works, but I'm not sure. Let us know if it worked for you.

PS: LME is quite new, the finally added dax support, and PRO Online too, so it should be the most updated CFW right now.

dc740

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"This program require 6.60."
Unless there's something I'm missing, LME is a no-go.
Got it. Well, I guess you have to wait for the next "L/ME 2.4" then. As far as I know, PRO won't have any more releases, but who knows, maybe they surprise us.

Thanks for trying. I won't upgrade then.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone scared they will accidentally update (it's available in Japan, US at the very least) can simply change the version.txt. to 6.61
The official US version of Brandish requires 6.60
But anyone who accidentally updated should be more or less fine since downgrading is still possible (nothing published atm though).

dc740

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LME 2.3 and ProCFW were both updated to support 6.61! and you can also downgrade directly to 6.60 now (you had to go back to 6.20 and then to 6.60 before)

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol