The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
PSP Emulation on PS3
The wonders of the PS3 Jail Break continue
sonypsp109238019283.jpg

Dimmudroid has announced that he has been working on project that lets you play PSP games on your PS3. He has commented saying that this is a work in progress, and he has taken a few steps in the right direction and is currently looking for some help in testing his project. For more information check the project post linked below.

QUOTE said:
I’d like to announce a project I’ve been working on, PS3P. Basically it’s the ability to load PSP games on PS3. As you may know, the PS3 can play PSP Minis, which are installed just like any other package. And most PSP games have nearly identical structures and files as PS3 games. Thus far I’ve been able to achieve a few steps in the right direction, but I’m not ready to share my work just yet. I’ve been working on this in my free time (aka outside of work and family) and it will be done when it’s done. If you’d like to know more, or keep on the up and up, feel free to find me on Twitter.com/dimmudroid

I may need a few alpha testers soon, I’ll post requirements and such later today.

icon11.gif
Project Post
icon11.gif
Source
Contributed by SPH73

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might try to get a Jailbreak chip thingy now. Gonna be awesome to play BBS on the big screen. Hope there isn't much of a quality sacrifice.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think his first job should be to look at the programming in the psp mini games and see if he can apply it to the regular games. see if he can compress it all into one file so he does not have to waste too much time.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daizu said:
Might try to get a Jailbreak chip thingy now. Gonna be awesome to play BBS on the big screen. Hope there isn't much of a quality sacrifice.
actually, if done right it can result in a quality improvement, especially with 3D.
the PSP always outputs a 480x272 resolution for games, and as such viewing that on an HD screen causes jagged edges.
the PS3 could however process it at a much higher resolution.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it there maybe problems with certain PSP games especially ones that have files for Custom BGM like Macross Ultimate Frontier and Gundam Assault Survive,

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Daizu said:
You just either:
A) Use RemoteJoy
B) Get some cables and hookup your PSP to a TV Screen if you have a 2000/3000.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
Daizu said:
actually, if done right it can result in a quality improvement, especially with 3D.
the PSP always outputs a 480x272 resolution for games, and as such viewing that on an HD screen causes jagged edges.
the PS3 could however process it at a much higher resolution.

They're probably only going to 'unlock' the functionality that already exists with PSP on the PS3. Similar to how you can now unlock "Remote Play" options on all games on a Jailbreak PS3.

As such you're not going to see any actual graphical processing improvements such as anti-aliasing, as that's always been an issue with the PS3 in general.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
delta123 said:
I think his first job should be to look at the programming in the psp mini games and see if he can apply it to the regular games. see if he can compress it all into one file so he does not have to waste too much time.
PSP Minis won't help. Minis are programmed in a completely different way. They are somewhat comparable to Flash games. Both the PS3 and PSP just have a program that reads those files.

PSP Emulation is definitely interesting. I just hope I won't have to sacrifise logging in to PSN for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...