PSP Dual pro stick duo adapter help

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by KingBlank, May 30, 2013.

1. KingBlank
    OP

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Hey fellows, I Just got my 2 Transcend 32GB class 10 Micro SD cards to use with my MS Pro duo Dual slot adapter.
    I had been using two 8GB Micro SD cards with it for almost a year with no problems but I'm not having much luck with the 32 GB cards.

With both cards inserted only 29 GB are showing on the PSP or my computer, I've tried formatting through the psp but get the 'No memory stick inserted' error, and when I format it as FAT32 on windows It formats but only as 29 GB.

How can I format it so all 60ish GB appear?
    Got any handy formatting tools?
    Magic tricks?

Thanks.

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Not much you can do beside getting another adapter and give it a go again.

See these adapters are clones of already off-production CR-5400. These clones have their quality of the chart. They either work 100%, work half as intended (in your case), or doesn't work at all. Real CR-5400 never supported 32 GB to begin with (only support 16 GB + 16 GB setup max).

I should warn you be prepared to lose your microSD card in the progress. I once gave it a go with these adapters and one of them burnt my 32 GB microSD card. It is always better to use real MSPD rather than using these questionable adapters.

KingBlank likes this.
  3. KingBlank
    OP

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Thanks, Any advice on where to buy? I'm in New Zealand so amazon wont be any good.

EDIT:

Does this look any good http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/memory-cards/other/auction-598021717.htm ?

4. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    What adaptor do you have? you should be able to format it from windows it wont work from the psp. Thats what i did. Let me no what happens if you get it working

5. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
  6. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    You are making him think that it's impossible to get a adatpor that works properly when its not. I ordered mine from dealextreme and they work fine. Maybe your adaptor is defective KingBlank.

7. KingBlank
    OP

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
  8. M[u]ddy

M[u]ddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2009
    Germany
    NRW
    When formating with Windows internal formater to FAT32 there is a size limit of 32GB.
    Try using a different formating program.

9. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    I bought a few of these cheap photofast knockoff adapter on ebay (same time, same seller) and the second slot on one of them is very picky in detecting certain cards. It may be a contact issue, I haven't look into it. If you still have a 8GB, try 32+8 (in slot 2) and see if it will work.

10. KingBlank
    OP

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    News Flash!

I bought a PhotoFast CR-5400 clone (with PhotoFast on it) and after formatting both Micro SD cards individually in slot 1 of the adapter (on my pc), then formatting both cards together in my PSP 3000 (once with MSD A in slot 1 and MSD B in slot 2 and once again vice versa) My PSP now has 58GB of free space available :)

Thanks guys.