Hardware PSP Dual pro stick duo adapter help

KingBlank

King of Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey fellows, I Just got my 2 Transcend 32GB class 10 Micro SD cards to use with my MS Pro duo Dual slot adapter.
I had been using two 8GB Micro SD cards with it for almost a year with no problems but I'm not having much luck with the 32 GB cards.

With both cards inserted only 29 GB are showing on the PSP or my computer, I've tried formatting through the psp but get the 'No memory stick inserted' error, and when I format it as FAT32 on windows It formats but only as 29 GB.

How can I format it so all 60ish GB appear?
Got any handy formatting tools?
Magic tricks?

Thanks.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not much you can do beside getting another adapter and give it a go again.

See these adapters are clones of already off-production CR-5400. These clones have their quality of the chart. They either work 100%, work half as intended (in your case), or doesn't work at all. Real CR-5400 never supported 32 GB to begin with (only support 16 GB + 16 GB setup max).

I should warn you be prepared to lose your microSD card in the progress. I once gave it a go with these adapters and one of them burnt my 32 GB microSD card. It is always better to use real MSPD rather than using these questionable adapters.

Reactions: KingBlank

KingBlank

King of Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not much you can do beside getting another adapter and give it a go again.

See these adapters are clones of already off-production CR-5400. These clones have their quality of the chart. They either work 100%, work half as intended (in your case), or doesn't work at all.

I should warn you be prepared to lose your microSD card in the progress. I once gave it a go with these adapters and one of them burnt my 32 GB microSD card. It is always better to use real MSPD rather than using these questionable adapters.

Thanks, Any advice on where to buy? I'm in New Zealand so amazon wont be any good.

EDIT:

Does this look any good http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/memory-cards/other/auction-598021717.htm ?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What adaptor do you have? you should be able to format it from windows it wont work from the psp. Thats what i did. Let me no what happens if you get it working

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Again it is another clone, pretty much no different than the rest.

Real CR-5400 went out of production sometime in 2010. Anything you buy now days is a clone.

You are making him think that it's impossible to get a adatpor that works properly when its not. I ordered mine from dealextreme and they work fine. Maybe your adaptor is defective KingBlank.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When formating with Windows internal formater to FAT32 there is a size limit of 32GB.
Try using a different formating program.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a few of these cheap photofast knockoff adapter on ebay (same time, same seller) and the second slot on one of them is very picky in detecting certain cards. It may be a contact issue, I haven't look into it. If you still have a 8GB, try 32+8 (in slot 2) and see if it will work.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
News Flash!

I bought a PhotoFast CR-5400 clone (with PhotoFast on it) and after formatting both Micro SD cards individually in slot 1 of the adapter (on my pc), then formatting both cards together in my PSP 3000 (once with MSD A in slot 1 and MSD B in slot 2 and once again vice versa) My PSP now has 58GB of free space available :)

Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1