psp ds

D

Deleted_171835

Better? I wouldn't call one better than the other. They both have great games and each have things you could only do on "each" system. And...next time, please make your question easier to understand

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
They are very different machines. The PSP, while it is more powerful, doesn't have as many good games (although the good games tend to be very good), however all this extra power comes in useful for running emulators, and it can also port Psone games- which gives it a big boost in terms of library. The media features are pretty nice too.

The DS has an awesome library, and also runs some emulators pretty well-especially the Neo-Geo! The battery is a bit better as well. The graphics aren't as good, but it doesn't really bother me, as I mostly play SNES and GBA games.

I wouldn't wanna go without either, although at the moment the PSP is winning in terms of favourites (mainly due to Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!). I'd recommend both to anyone- provided you put CFW on the PSP (otherwise it kinda sucks).

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow another one?

its worth getting both handhelds this generation.

DS has plenty of mediocre to decent titles which will keep your time.

PSP has better titles overall but they're few and far between (who says being a port is a bad thing?). when there aren't any releases you can always go back to emulation.

though lately the ds releases haven't been all that great, its hit a fairly bad dryspell compared to this time last year.

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds had one for bout a year...and I'm still loving it. my brother got a psp and sold it in two months
tongue.gif
but yea like the person above me said the ds libary is getting worse. crapy games somehow taking over the good ones
tongue.gif
and nintendo making a ton of remakes is getting a little old

p.s. why is his question so hard to understand? I understood it fine.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

If you can't afford both, the DS wins hands down, more games that are enjoyable. The most popular PSP games are not that great imo, I had one with games like GTA and God of War and they were lame and lackluster for enjoyment. There are a couple of good PSP games, but there are at least 3-4 times as many games for the DS that are better quality.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Both
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

If you can't afford both, the DS wins hands down, more games that are enjoyable. The most popular PSP games are not that great imo, I had one with games like GTA and God of War and they were lame and lackluster for enjoyment. There are a couple of good PSP games, but there are at least 3-4 times as many games for the DS that are better quality.
100% agreed. Even though the PSP wins in just about every other category, it's all about the games, and the DS wins that battle easily. Sure, the PSP has a few great titles, but with the DS there's so many more in so many different genres. There are tons more coming out this holiday season too. Go with the DS.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have both and I do have to say, I prefer the DS, Partly because I'm an RPG (or JRPG) player and there are simply far more of them on the DS than the PSP.

It seems like the DS is winning though. Unsurprisingly.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
i got both, every kind of ds except the dsi and everykind of psp except GO, i can tell they are both the same, i got games that i want to play on both handhelds, and i don't even use psp much for emu, only gba and psx

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That doesn't count. I was thinking more along the line of 320 GB 2.5'' HDD. But if the PSP can't play DivX, then there's no point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over... +1