PSP dead

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Rulza, Jan 31, 2008.

Jan 31, 2008

PSP dead by Rulza at 3:38 PM (1,137 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Rulza
    OP

Member Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I got a new phone yesterday and a USB cable came with it (a universal one that fits most devices) and i thought i could charge my PSP with it so i plugged it in and everything went fine, the red light went on and it charged for like an hour.
    Later when i unplugged it the PSP didn't boot up, not even the light came on.

It's just the battery right? I can't see how it would be damaged by charging it with another USB cable. [​IMG]

EDIT: I dunno what happened but when i plugged it into the normal charger and started it there was no problem at all, it booted up perfectly. lol weird.

2. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Umm...Im not tech genius but I'm pretty sure trying to power one device with another device's cable is a big no no. The Amps and volts delivered to the PSP is probably different then that of charging your phone and I think that will be reflected...

3. Rulza
    OP

Member Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Yeah, i guess your right but i was a simple USB cable, i could even access my Memory Stick through it...
    Anyway, problem is solved. I won't be charging my PSP with that cable anymore! [​IMG]

4. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    A USB cable is a USB cable... It can recharge devices but it's very slow.