PSP dead

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Rulza, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Rulza
    OP

Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2007
    I got a new phone yesterday and a USB cable came with it (a universal one that fits most devices) and i thought i could charge my PSP with it so i plugged it in and everything went fine, the red light went on and it charged for like an hour.
    Later when i unplugged it the PSP didn't boot up, not even the light came on.

It's just the battery right? I can't see how it would be damaged by charging it with another USB cable. [​IMG]

EDIT: I dunno what happened but when i plugged it into the normal charger and started it there was no problem at all, it booted up perfectly. lol weird.

2. PBC

PBC What!? I can change this??

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    New York
    Umm...Im not tech genius but I'm pretty sure trying to power one device with another device's cable is a big no no. The Amps and volts delivered to the PSP is probably different then that of charging your phone and I think that will be reflected...

3. Rulza
    OP

Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2007
    Yeah, i guess your right but i was a simple USB cable, i could even access my Memory Stick through it...
    Anyway, problem is solved. I won't be charging my PSP with that cable anymore! [​IMG]

4. Dio

Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    Mount Vernon, WA
    A USB cable is a USB cable... It can recharge devices but it's very slow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice