Whens the next update? Hope this is still alive
yaypsp.gif

raing3

CNET_Richard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP cheat database was updated either yesterday or today. You will have to troll through the sticky's of the PSP sub-forum to find it as I am not updating it at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/PSP/ anymore.

The PSP section of the forum is desperately lacking any form of discussion or competition to make codes and I really want people to go and visit the forum to make contributions and learn how to make codes.

The GBAtemp cheat forum hosts probably what is the largest collection of PSP cheats and a number of tools which make it unique. Users who learn how to make their own codes and regularly post also get access to a few additional features and tools upon request.

I myself spend upwards of 3/4 of my weekend every weekend learning more about making cheats and further developing the tools etc. and it is somewhat disheartening that there are very few regular contributors to the PSP subforum in comparison to the NDS section.

The reasons why I haven't given up on contributing is because if I do there will eventually be someone who thinks they are up to the challenge of taking over and will mess up all the work by not testing codes, following naming styles, posting formats, etc.... also I need to get the DB to a size which rivals that of what is stickied on a popular PSP warez forum. That is proving to be harder than expected as the guy who is updating that DB keeps adding loads of non-working and duplicate codes whereas I test the majority of codes posted on the cheat forum and try to reduce their length if possible.

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
raing3 said:
The PSP cheat database was updated either yesterday or today. You will have to troll through the sticky's of the PSP sub-forum to find it as I am not updating it at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/PSP/ anymore.

The PSP section of the forum is desperately lacking any form of discussion or competition to make codes and I really want people to go and visit the forum to make contributions and learn how to make codes.

The GBAtemp cheat forum hosts probably what is the largest collection of PSP cheats and a number of tools which make it unique. Users who learn how to make their own codes and regularly post also get access to a few additional features and tools upon request.

I myself spend upwards of 3/4 of my weekend every weekend learning more about making cheats and further developing the tools etc. and it is somewhat disheartening that there are very few regular contributors to the PSP subforum in comparison to the NDS section.

The reasons why I haven't given up on contributing is because if I do there will eventually be someone who thinks they are up to the challenge of taking over and will mess up all the work by not testing codes, following naming styles, posting formats, etc.... also I need to get the DB to a size which rivals that of what is stickied on a popular PSP warez forum. That is proving to be harder than expected as the guy who is updating that DB keeps adding loads of non-working and duplicate codes whereas I test the majority of codes posted on the cheat forum and try to reduce their length if possible.
GIVE THE LINK

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
raing3, I'd be careful not to overstep your bounds, lest you find your position replaced by somebody that's actually willing to update the official database location (because without it cheatup is useless and new users are lost), and if they don't know as much as you... oh well. There's no unions here, if you go on full strike you'll be replaced by somebody willing to do the job (as you may have seen with the DS section getting a revamp, removing the people that stopped doing it and adding new people because they were willing to).

I've looked at your guides and saved a tool or two for future use, but I simply don't have the time (and bandwidth!) to test all sorts of codes on all sorts of games. I don't have an extra memory stick to hold games, and with a max download speed of ~75KB it'd take me ages to test just a few games I don't currently have.

This is probably the case for a few other GBATemp users that know enough to start, but just can't. More common is the people that don't know anything about programming or computers. They just want to use the codes. The average forum goer doesn't even know what hexadecimal is, they can't be expected to make codes (and I wouldn't trust the codes they do cobble together!)

You currently have the job because you can do it.

Most people can't. That's why the situation is as it is.

The DS forum has it easier since DS emulators work fairly well on common hardware so creating codes and debugging is possible for many more people and is almost streamlined, but that's not true for the PSP. Using an emulator to develop or test codes isn't trustable, and having to transfer stuff back and forth between the PC and an actual PSP over and over is going to drive the average person crazy.

Nobody's contributing because the majority of people can't, and holding cheat updates for ransom is going to get you more ire than cheats.

EDIT: To give an example, I made the PS3 jailbreak FAQ that got stickied... but I've never even touched a PS3. So why was I the one to make the guide? It needed to be done and nobody else was doing it, so I did it even though I may not be the best qualified (and I often need to ask people to test something for me).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres 2 active cheat databases being updated at another forums
cant post it here because it contains pirated content but it has iso in the name, and the name of the system

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
From what raing3 says (and just judging from how other sites are run) the GBAtemp one is way preferable because of quality control. The people here actually care if a code doesn't work and will replace it, or remove it if it's deemed non-possible or too much effort for too little gain.

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using CMF, whenever i try to load table it just locks up.
Is there a certain place i need to put the cheat1.db?
Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm trying to play Crisis Core [US] if it makes a difference.

Using a different codelist, it doesn't freeze.
The only problem now is that there's no "single" enable code.
It's all on or none on.
This is quite perplexing.

Hell, I just ended up using TempAR.
Looks good and it works.

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think CMF supports the cheat1.db code type.

The GBAtemp psp database isn't being updated anymore, theres at least three other forums that have databases.

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BanditKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why psp cheats are not supported anywhere and so hard to find.

What the heck happened?

CWcheat don't word and no one has up to date codes.

SOOOO LAAAME!

Luckily I am smart enough to find the latest cheat.db without this place.

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jamio88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Gonna bump this.

While I have nothing to add right this second, I do have this weekend off, so I will add to this database. I plan to throw up some codes for both the PSP and POPS (Can never have enough PSX games to cheat your way through).

Lets see a little more support for the PSP here guys. It is still my favorite system currently (even getting used more then my Nintendo Wii)

Well I am off to play some Final Fantasy VII then go to work. Like I said though, I will update this over the weekend.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamio88 said:
Gonna bump this.

While I have nothing to add right this second, I do have this weekend off, so I will add to this database. I plan to throw up some codes for both the PSP and POPS (Can never have enough PSX games to cheat your way through).

Lets see a little more support for the PSP here guys. It is still my favorite system currently (even getting used more then my Nintendo Wii)

Well I am off to play some Final Fantasy VII then go to work. Like I said though, I will update this over the weekend.
(Psst. It's a sticky. It doesn't need bumping.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1