Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So, I tried to run the app that puts your memory stick drivers to 3.71, and when it said it was finished, I, being the impatient one, unplugged my battery to make it turn off. It wasn't finished, or my fatmsmod.prx was faulty. My PSP now boots to a black screen unless I hold down R to boot to the recovery menu. How do I fix this?

Edit: It now only boots recovery if the charger is plugged in.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You've Semi-bricked. Since you can still access the recovery menu (no you don't need a Pandora no matter what anyone else tells you!) you can use Hellcat's Recovery flasher to reflash your firmware and restore your PSP.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
replace the files that were modified, or run the fatmsmod program in a RECOVERY folder in the GAME folder. So just rename the folder where the program is, see if that works.

Or pandora again, or just copy a backed up flash0 You're semi bricked. Easily fixed though.

EDIT: I've been beat! D:

But I never knew of the recovery flasher...

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks, both of you. I'm prepping the recovery flasher now.

Edit: the recovery flasher doesn't boot and neither does the fatmsmod. Presumably because I am running the 1.50 kernel add on.

QUOTE said:
[The recovery flasher is] Designed as a native 3.xx+ app, to run from the recovery menu's option
from recent CFWs on Fat and Slim PSPs - however, you can perfectly run it
from the XMB as well.
On 1.50 based CFWs (3.52 and lower) you must run it from the XMB,
since the recovery menu on those CFWs launches the EBOOT in 1.50 kernel,
but it uses systen calls not available from there.

I really need help with this!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried booting with NO MEM STICK in!?

enable recovery mode with your power cable connected by holding down R when turning the PSP on ...

and to use recovery mode you need to use whatever firmware you are using currently downloaded and rename it to EBOOT.PBP and put it into the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/

do this by TOGGLING the USB mode on you will be able to copy files to the mem card as normal ... you may wanna remove the FATSMOD.prx at the same time

then exit usb mode once you have copied your eboot over and now execute the line ..

Run Program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP by pressing X on it!

This should run the firmware update again and hopefully fix it
smile.gif

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double check and make sure that the eboot is in PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/
So it should look like PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
Also it might not be running because it is not set to 3.XX/4.XX kernel on your psp. Go under configuration in the recovery menu and set "game folder homebrew" to 3.XX or 4.XX kernel on your psp (depending on which firmware you are on). Then try running it again.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
kobykaan said:
Have you tried booting with NO MEM STICK in!?

enable recovery mode with your power cable connected by holding down R when turning the PSP on ...

and to use recovery mode you need to use whatever firmware you are using currently downloaded and rename it to EBOOT.PBP and put it into the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/

do this by TOGGLING the USB mode on you will be able to copy files to the mem card as normal ... you may wanna remove the FATSMOD.prx at the same time

then exit usb mode once you have copied your eboot over and now execute the line ..

Run Program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP by pressing X on it!

This should run the firmware update again and hopefully fix it
smile.gif
Any homebrew, when booted from recovery will result in a power off.

I just tried booting with out the mem stick in, but to no avail.

Also, do you mean the official sony firmware, or the cfw updater? Because I don't want to have to hack my psp again.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't you switch your kernel from 1.50 in the recovery menu? (Configuration>Game Folder Homebrew)

Oops..didn't read/see l Red l's post...what he said!

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
xist said:
Can't you switch your kernel from 1.50 in the recovery menu? (Configuration>Game Folder Homebrew)
That doesn't help. anyway, it wasn't set to 1.50 in the first place, I just had the kernel installed.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's very odd...since your PSP was on a M33 release later than 3.52 before you semi-bricked, your native kernel should enable this app to boot. Setting it to the correct Kernel in recovery, should in theory work...are you sure that you've placed the recovery flasher in the correct location on your Memory stick...

(i'm also off to bed now ...UK time....so i'm not copping out, i'm just tired!)

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if the recovery flasher doesn't boot even if it is in the correct directory and the kernel change doesn't help, I guess your only option is to borrow a pandora battery and magic memory stick.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
l Red l said:
So if the recovery flasher doesn't boot even if it is in the correct directory and the kernel change doesn't help, I guess your only option is to borrow a pandora battery and magic memory stick.
Brilliant. Just as the christmas holidays start and I am cut off from all my 1337 H4x0r friends.

QUOTE(i'm also off to bed now ...UK time....so i'm not copping out, i'm just tired!)
Is copping out one of those weird british words like "trainers"?

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
DokiDoki98 said:
looks like its demi-bricked.....something like that happened to me.... mine went away on its own....yeah
I don't see how a semi-brick would just go away, but maybe mine will too...

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Why the heck would you want to semibrick, maybe even brick your PSP? Whatever. That's you.

I have a PSP Phat and have the 1.50 kernel add-on installed. I wanted to install the 3.71 memory stick driver, so I got the updater from psp-hacks.com and grabbed the fatmsmod.prx from here. I installed it, which took about a second. When it said something to the effect of "installation finished", I didn't wait for anything to happen and swiped out the battery. When I rebooted, the psp went to a black screen and than powered off, so I turned it on holding R and accessed the recovery menu. Than I posted this thread.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
l Red l said:
So if the recovery flasher doesn't boot even if it is in the correct directory and the kernel change doesn't help, I

QUOTE(i'm also off to bed now ...UK time....so i'm not copping out, i'm just tired!)
Is copping out one of those weird british words like "trainers"?

It's English, learn the language you are speaking.
rolleyes.gif

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well sad to say that I can't reproduce it ... although on one attempt it hung for about a minute before the xmb came up ... sorry, no quick fix ... your best bet would be to start from square one, a good ol' re-hack...

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
SirSweeps said:
well sad to say that I can't reproduce it ... although on one attempt it hung for about a minute before the xmb came up ... sorry, no quick fix ... your best bet would be to start from square one, a good ol' re-hack...
I have one friend in my neighborhood who has a hacked psp. Would it be possible for me to turn my battery into a... jigkick battery using his psp and not have to pandoraize my own? If so, can a jigkick battery be converted into a normal battery, or can it be used as a normal battery without converting it back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill