psp best model to hack?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by matthi321, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    which is the best psp modet to get,if i want to hack it?

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Any of them. Every PSP is (easily) hackable. Check the sticky topics about hacking/softmods.

3. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    All models are fully hackable. Firmware versions after 6.20 can not be perma flashed, you'll have to run something every time you completely turn off the PSP. But that only takes about 10 seconds.
    So if you don't want tot do anything special (i.e. stuff with Pandora batteries which does not work on a 3000 or Go) it only depends on your model preference and the availability which one you should get.
    I'd advise not to get a PSP Street, it is pretty cheaply put together and no WiFi at all sucks IMHO.

4. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    ok thanks for answers guys

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  6. aleXXXps

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    PSP 1000 all day baby. I just loaded a new battery into mine and have been catching up on some JRPG's. I almost bought a 3000 to replace it, but if it ain't broke why fix it?

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    From a technical standpoint, early PSP-2000's (Data Code pre-8B) are generally considered to be the most versatile choice - you get a screen better than that of the PSP-1000, twice the memory (64MB like in the later revisions rather than 32MB like in the PSP-1000), almost half the weight and bulk and you still have the capacity to use cIPL which allows for unbricking the system no matter what. The only sacrifice you make is that the PSP-2000 doesn't have a built-in microphone, which aside from Skype is pretty much useless anyways since S.O.C.O.M servers were shut down last year and I can't think of any other game that used a mic... and if you really want the mic, you can buy the PSP-2000 Remote which has one built-in or one of the compatible headsets online.

It's hard to come by this model these days though, chances of finding one mint or unused are next to nothing and even the used ones aren't easy to find, so it'd probably be best if you looked through Rydian's thread and check what you actually want from your system.

8. LloydNorval

LloydNorval Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    Amen to that :D I have a PSP 3003 and WISH TO GOD I hadn't got rid of my PSP 1000 Japanese ceramic white model years ago when I went through a non-gaming phase... But I have just ordered a D-Grade conditioned PSP-1003 model off eBay in white for £20 GBP so I'm excited to finally get OLD cfw on it again :D my psp 3000 has 6.20 lme perma-patch but something just doesn't feel the same :P

9. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    Did you honestly respond to someone's 2 year old post?

10. hscbaj

hscbaj Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    Yeah, waiting 2 years is just courtesy.

11. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    Looool! You got me.

12. mathieulh

mathieulh GBAtemp Fan

Feb 28, 2008
    France
  13. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Darck_ likes this.
  14. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Keyblade Warrior

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    if this thread were made earlier. i could sell my PSP 2004 Datecode 8C here but i already sold it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i wish i didnt. because i sold it (i wanted to install Adrenaline on Vita but mfckn Sony wont let me activate my vita and i never activated it)

15. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You know what we should all do? Bump a 4 year old thread! Yeah! That sounds like a good way to get a warning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.