Gaming PSP 1004 rare problem orange led a

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello Today I bought a psp fat 1004 at a very good price because it does not have the charging pin but since I have another psp I can charge the battery in that one and then use it in this one, when I fully charge it, I just insert the battery and the orange light came on as if it was plugged into the wall with the console off but it shouldn't be like that, I turn it on and works without problems, it had version 2.85 and I updated it to 6.60 and it loads games without problems, my question is because it always has the orange LED instead of the green one, with the console turned off with the battery on, the light is orange and it has no power cable, if I also turn it on with the orange light, it doesn't bother me that but I wanted to know if someone have this same issue, I leave some images as you can see the psp is off and the orange light its on and when i turn on the psp instead of green light it has the same infamous orange led..
For me it may be that the pin makes a false contact and shows that it has something connected without being like that or maybe it is the battery although I do not have another psp 1000 to try, another thing is that the L button does not work, I press it but not does absolutely nothing, could something be done without opening the psp? I have no experience with laptops and even if I open it I can leave it worse than it is already

Attachments

• 67441702_693661637746114_2272122499418292224_n.jpg
    67441702_693661637746114_2272122499418292224_n.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 629
  • 67335457_472016226932511_8673980663826743296_n.jpg
    67335457_472016226932511_8673980663826743296_n.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 600
  • 67454152_2104396349857282_5760688661729378304_n.jpg
    67454152_2104396349857282_5760688661729378304_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 691

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello Today I bought a psp fat 1004 at a very good price because it does not have the charging pin but since I have another psp I can charge the battery in that one and then use it in this one, when I fully charge it, I just insert the battery and the orange light came on as if it was plugged into the wall with the console off but it shouldn't be like that, I turn it on and works without problems, it had version 2.85 and I updated it to 6.60 and it loads games without problems, my question is because it always has the orange LED instead of the green one, with the console turned off with the battery on, the light is orange and it has no power cable, if I also turn it on with the orange light, it doesn't bother me that but I wanted to know if someone have this same issue, I leave some images as you can see the psp is off and the orange light its on and when i turn on the psp instead of green light it has the same infamous orange led..
For me it may be that the pin makes a false contact and shows that it has something connected without being like that or maybe it is the battery although I do not have another psp 1000 to try, another thing is that the L button does not work, I press it but not does absolutely nothing, could something be done without opening the psp? I have no experience with laptops and even if I open it I can leave it worse than it is already

Hello.:)

To make me understand you 10 percent correct:

- the PSP 1004 has ORIGINAL Sony Firmware 6.60 on it.
- the PSP works fine with your Games.
- the POWER LED lights up constantly ORANGE.
- if the Battery runs dry - is the LED flashing or is your PSP shutting down without warning ?
- On the OTHER PSP with the Charging ability:if you connect the Charger to the turned off PSP with the EMPTY BATTERY from the defect PSP turns the ORANGE POWER LED on (that should do it with the model 1004) ? I ask this only to get sure the Battery is ok.

I have a PSP 1004 with a similar issue:
-No charging ability
-but the Power LED is working correct

Thank you.:)

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

To make me understand you 10 percent correct:

- the PSP 1004 has ORIGINAL Sony Firmware 6.60 on it.
- the PSP works fine with your Games.
- the POWER LED lights up constantly ORANGE.
- if the Battery runs dry - is the LED flashing or is your PSP shutting down without warning ?
- On the OTHER PSP with the Charging ability:if you connect the Charger to the turned off PSP with the EMPTY BATTERY from the defect PSP turns the ORANGE POWER LED on (that should do it with the model 1004) ? I ask this only to get sure the Battery is ok.

I have a PSP 1004 with a similar issue:
-No charging ability
-but the Power LED is working correct

Hi how are you? I updated to the latest version 6.61 last night I put the memory stick of my psp 3000 with more or less 15 games and everyone loads without problems also try with umd games and load without problems the lens is perfect, yesterday I played until it stayed Without battery, the LED never flashes when it has low battery, when the PSP went out due to the battery the orange light is still on, the PSP does not have a charging pin, therefore I cannot charge it, but I charge the battery in another PSP that I have, if I put the battery of the fat in my other psp that is the 3000 it is charged without problems and the light when it is not charged is green as it should be but in the fat it is always orange, if I go to the psp battery in the fat it appears that It is being used normally without charging, just put a battery the orange light turns on without turning on the PSP, that's what happens, my question is if the battery runs out while not using it

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi how are you? I updated to the latest version 6.61 last night I put the memory stick of my psp 3000 with more or less 15 games and everyone loads without problems also try with umd games and load without problems the lens is perfect, yesterday I played until it stayed Without battery, the LED never flashes when it has low battery, when the PSP went out due to the battery the orange light is still on, the PSP does not have a charging pin, therefore I cannot charge it, but I charge the battery in another PSP that I have, if I put the battery of the fat in my other psp that is the 3000 it is charged without problems and the light when it is not charged is green as it should be but in the fat it is always orange, if I go to the psp battery in the fat it appears that It is being used normally without charging, just put a battery the orange light turns on without turning on the PSP, that's what happens, my question is if the battery runs out while not using it

Thank you for your detailed error report.

It is hard to tell the only possible solution to find that out ist to put the battery fully charged in the 1004er and put the PSP aside and leave it for a few hours or 1-2 days.Then you maybe see if the Battery display shows a unusually fast unloading/using of batterie or not.

Parts you maybe can replace:

Charging connector
130302ke.jpg
ON/OFF/LED Switch
130303dsc01218ke.jpg

Together max.10-15 Euros (you can search on Amazon/Aliexpress)

I do not find a replace part for the Battery/Contacts because I fear that all on the Mainboard and replace THAT I think that is not economical.:(

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Thank you for your detailed error report.

It is hard to tell the only possible solution to find that out ist to put the battery fully charged in the 1004er and put the PSP aside and leave it for a few hours or 1-2 days.Then you maybe see if the Battery display shows a unusually fast unloading/using of batterie or not.

Parts you maybe can replace:

Charging connector
View attachment 174204
ON/OFF/LED Switch
View attachment 174205

Together max.10-15 Euros (you can search on Amazon/Aliexpress)

I do not find a replace part for the Battery/Contacts because I fear that all on the Mainboard and replace THAT I think that is not economical.:(

I spend part of my money on that psp fat and then I am going to buy a ps1 fat, those pieces that you tell me i can buy it cheap in my country without aliexpress, here we use MercadoLibre, although at the moment I do not plan to change them because that doesn't give me problems
The problem I have now is the infamous select button that sticks to me and sometimes the home leaves me without sound the psp do you know what that could be? I would like to open it but the screw below where it says psp is somewhat rusty but i would like to try, sorry for my bad english

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I spend part of my money on that psp fat and then I am going to buy a ps1 fat, those pieces that you tell me i can buy it cheap in my country without aliexpress, here we use MercadoLibre, although at the moment I do not plan to change them because that doesn't give me problems
The problem I have now is the infamous select button that sticks to me and sometimes the home leaves me without sound the psp do you know what that could be? I would like to open it but the screw below where it says psp is somewhat rusty but i would like to try, sorry for my bad english

I updated to the latest version 6.61 last night I put the memory stick of my psp 3000 with more or less 15 games

One Thing i do not recognized: Do you have a Custom Firmware on your PSP 1004 ? :)

Open a PSP 1004 is not difficult.The only thing you have to mind is the lower button bar that you not rip of the connection Cable.

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

One Thing i do not recognized: Do you have a Custom Firmware on your PSP 1004 ? :)

Open a PSP 1004 is not difficult.The only thing you have to mind is the lower button bar that you not rip of the connection Cable.

Yes, it is not permanent, if the PSP is turned off it returns to the original state although the select button still does not work it does it with or without firmware costum and the orange LED also

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, it is not permanent, if the PSP is turned off it returns to the original state although the select button still does not work it does it with or without firmware costum and the orange LED also
And it is 6.61 pro C2 ?
I ask this not for the orange LED.:D
I am interested.

I think it is as you mentioned before in your first Post the Contact on the Mainboard/Battery compartment.Maybe an interupted circuit.
The fuse is maybe ok,because if not the PSP will not Power on.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.