Not open for further replies.

wdowell84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP 1001 that is fully bricked. It will turn on with the green power light but nothing else happens, it will also charge fine with the amber light. I have a pandora battery that I made awhile back and used it on a previous psp just fine. I was trying to make a magic memory stick as well, but it doesn't seem to be reading it. I've used psp grader v008, v001, and v006. When I insert the pandora battery the power light comes on by itself but the other lights do not. Is there something else I'm missing or am I just screwed?
Thanks.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
wdowell84 said:
I have a PSP 1001 that is fully bricked. It will turn on with the green power light but nothing else happens, it will also charge fine with the amber light. I have a pandora battery that I made awhile back and used it on a previous psp just fine. I was trying to make a magic memory stick as well, but it doesn't seem to be reading it. I've used psp grader v008, v001, and v006. When I insert the pandora battery the power light comes on by itself but the other lights do not. Is there something else I'm missing or am I just screwed?
Thanks.

I don´t believe a 1st gen PSP can be fully bricked. Perhaps there´s something wrong with your memory stick that prevents being read properly by PSP itself. Maybe format using FAT16 ?

And also, you may want to re- pandorize your current battery.

Reactions: AncientBoi

wdowell84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I re-pandorize it? I just hard modded it following the instructions in the other thread last time. I tried reformatting the card with no success as well.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
You are holding the proper trigger/button on startup, right?

i lol'd

Anyway, as long as you have a Pandora battery, you should be good to go.

wdowell84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I was holding L and tried holding R, and all of the other buttons too, no dice. I think I'm messing up somewhere on the memory stick since the pandora battery turns the system on automatically.

wdowell84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, it's a 1gb sony memory stick pro duo that I picked up at the local game store for a few bucks.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
wdowell84 said:
I don't think so, it's a 1gb sony memory stick pro duo that I picked up at the local game store for a few bucks.

If you got it used it might very well be fake. Game shops, especially GS/EB don't bother checking that at all.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Coto said:
I don´t believe a 1st gen PSP can be fully bricked. Perhaps there´s something wrong with your memory stick that prevents being read properly by PSP itself. Maybe format using FAT16 ?

Of course they can...
Semi-brick - Can still access Recovery Menu
Full-brick - Cannot access Recovery Menu

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
xist said:
Coto said:

Of course they can...
Semi-brick - Can still access Recovery Menu
Full-brick - Cannot access Recovery Menu

Can even a fully bricked, dead PSP phat be not reflashed through pandora+memory stick? I thought it could make eboot apps run off IPL sections at low level access....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: