Gaming PSP 1000 issues

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend came to me with this psp that he wanted CFW on. So I did it for him and no more than a week later. He said it stopped working. This is what he told me, "First when it started acting up the key locked up it wasn't frozen but I was unable to navigate the screen, but the hold switch was not engaged. Then eventually it got to the point where it is right now where it won't turn on." It's possibly bricked but usually bricked psp's still respond when a memcard is inserted don't they? Well this one does not. It just turns on with nothing on the screen. Only way to turn it off is by pulling out the battery. Can you guys help me diagnose this psp?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
sjones900 said:
So my friend came to me with this psp that he wanted CFW on. So I did it for him and no more than a week later. He said it stopped working. This is what he told me, "First when it started acting up the key locked up it wasn't frozen but I was unable to navigate the screen, but the hold switch was not engaged. Then eventually it got to the point where it is right now where it won't turn on." It's possibly bricked but usually bricked psp's still respond when a memcard is inserted don't they? Well this one does not. It just turns on with nothing on the screen. Only way to turn it off is by pulling out the battery. Can you guys help me diagnose this psp?
Memory stick or not it doesn't matter, a brick is a brick. If he can get into recovery mode by holding R on boot he can enable USB mode and put on the un-semi-bricker then loadit through the menu (You have to put it in a certain folder) Or you canjust get a Pandora and reflash the CFW, if it doesn't work after you've reflashed it, it's his PSP

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say just totally restart. Try to unbrick it using a Pandora, and then format the flash0.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say reflash to 5.03 to test whether it still locks up there, if it does its a hardware issue, if not you can try M33 or GEN again. Which GEN did you use anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER