Hacking PSP 1000 CFW 5.00M33-6 Problem (turns off after PSP Logo)

soniclightin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm kinda new to CFW, so idk what i did that really caused this, it probably happened after I had used the CFW change option on iso tools(I was kinda messing around). First off, when I run anything off of the Memory Stick that goes to the PSP Logo (like apps or an iso), it hangs on the Logo longer than it normally does and then turns off completely. There's no error code that shows up, it just turns off. Before, i had the CFW at 5.00M33-4, but i had this problem so i upgraded to 5.00M33-6. It didn't work though and i have searched for similar topics on this around the internet and most that were answered had said to reflash the CFW with a Pandora Battery, but i'm trying to find an alternative since i don't have a Pandora on me. Nor will i be able to make or buy one in my case. I haven't tried switching to a different CFW other than M33, but i would like to know other solutions to this before making it worse.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you reinstall M33-5 or M33-5 and M33-6, you were supposed to go from M33-4 to M33-5, then to M33-6. That is the proper way. You most likely got a bad install. If you don't have a Pandora battery, try to reinstall M33-5, then M33-6. It's been awhile since I used 5.00 M33, as it's a completely dead CFW (yes it is), so your best bet would try to upgrade to a OFW that is hackable, let's say 6.20, and run from there (look into the CFW for 6.20 and 6.35, or 6.38). PSP 1000 is a easily hackable system, temporary or permanent installs of CFW.

Wynd

soniclightin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll try that. Just to make sure, from OFW 6.20, i can CFW to 5.00M33-4 then -5 to -6 right? Because from what i have looked up, most people had used a Pandora and a Magic Mstick to downgrade to 5.00M33 CFW when on 6.20. Other than that, would lower OFW than 6.20 work as well? Sorry for that n00bish questions, i'm kinda new to this as i've said before.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
Why can't you reinstall M33-5 or M33-5 and M33-6, you were supposed to go from M33-4 to M33-5, then to M33-6. That is the proper way.

This is total crap. The updates by Dax are cumulative....you might feel compelled do add steps but it's totally unnecessary and incorrect advice.

The update you ran wasn't a full reflash but merely bolted on a couple of files. If you update to a new firmware (i.e 5.03 or 6.20) you'll reflash everything, and from there you can use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to go back to M33.

First thing you should do though is try to access the Recovery Menu (keep Right Shoulder depressed then power up). If you can you can run the Recovery Flasher from where you are with no need to update.

soniclightin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically i just have to use ChickHen after i put in the new OFW and use Hell cat's recovery Flasher to go back to a CFW. Well thanks for the help, but could you guys give me some advice about how NOT to get in this situation again, if you have any that is because it's really bothersome...

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soniclightin said:
So, basically i just have to use ChickHen after i put in the new OFW and use Hell cat's recovery Flasher to go back to a CFW. Well thanks for the help, but could you guys give me some advice about how NOT to get in this situation again, if you have any that is because it's really bothersome...

You just have to take the time to read some of the wealth of information out there on this subject, start with the stickies here on GBAtemp, then if you want to know more visit some PSPcentric sites.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You tried to use a firmware option to reflash files when you didn't know what you were doing. Just don't flash anything that you don't understand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative