Gaming PSP 1000, can it be hacked with latest firmware?

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't have a Pandora battery for awhile, and I wanna play the Lunar PSP demo.

If I update to the latest firmware can I still hack it with a pandora battery?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
GEN D3 plays the demo just fine, but to your question, yes.

No firmware update can block Pandora... If the motherboard isn't V3

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No PSP 1000 has a V3 mobo though, correct?

And I won't be able to hack my PSP for like 2 weeks and I am impatient.

Also has 3.80 firmware so it can't be too new.

Bought it used.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You are correct, you can soft mod your PSP without pandora..

Follow my guide (its on how to soft mod your psp) and skip the chickhen bit, go right to updating to 5.00 M33, then GEN D3

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard HEN uninstalls and reinstalls forever in soem weird way.

Or is that just for the 3000?

I had a hacked PSP when firmware 2.0 was out but sold it.

Sorry about asking all this.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But to answer the title question; any PSP 1000 can be hacked with a pandora battery.
smile.gif

As you aren't on the latest, Dean's guide should be all you need.

EDIT: On PSPs that are only partially hackable, ChickHEN will be removed every time you turn the system off and you'll have to run it again (standby is fine though). I also gather that installing ChickHEN can also be very random; it might take several attempts to install.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Although i disagree with that guide's instructions for PSP 1000's and Early Slims...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DuskGold said:
I heard HEN uninstalls and reinstalls forever in soem weird way.

Or is that just for the 3000?

I had a hacked PSP when firmware 2.0 was out but sold it.

Sorry about asking all this.

The HEN thing is for 3000s only. All you need to do on a PSP-1000 is go into HEN mode and run the GEN-D3 installer.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Any PSP that CAN make a Pandora Battery to flash CFW, SHOULD make one, rather than flash direct with Recovery Flasher.

So in the instances i mentioned (TA-085's and PSP 1000's) i'd use Chickhen to launch OSPBT and convert my battery to a Pandora, make a MMS with Rains Ultralite installer and flash 5.00M33-4 using that. Update to 5.00M33-6 as usual and then with Rain's IPL and MS tools a TM IPL can then be injected to allow the Pandora to work as normal.

I also disagree with your statement about M33 being very outdated as you know....if it was very outdated it wouldn't play everything GEN does...and not have random older game and PSX problems...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree it isn't extremely outdated now Xist but it does need extra hacking to be done in order to run newer ISOs and will never be able to run the newest UMDs so, for new users at least, GEN-D3 is the best choice. The reason M33 can run all the games GEN can (after being hacked) is that it is, after all, the same system. A PSP will always be able to run PSP games its the firmware and software checking firmware version that is the only thing stopping it from running (except in Kingdom Hearts' case)

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, if I have a PSP 2000 with firmware 5.02, do I need to start from the beginning of the guide or just from the "Installing M33" part?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
I agree it isn't extremely outdated now Xist but it does need extra hacking to be done in order to run newer ISOs and will never be able to run the newest UMDs so, for new users at least, GEN-D3 is the best choice. The reason M33 can run all the games GEN can (after being hacked) is that it is, after all, the same system. A PSP will always be able to run PSP games its the firmware and software checking firmware version that is the only thing stopping it from running (except in Kingdom Hearts' case)

Except that GEN D3 breaks compatibility on certain older games...but let's not start this again. There is no need to update to GEN if you're happy using a PC application first...

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
sfg said:
So wait, if I have a PSP 2000 with firmware 5.02, do I need to start from the beginning of the guide or just from the "Installing M33" part?

Do you know what motherboard it is, first?

It's the Daxter edition so it's supposed to be fully hackable. V2 I assume. I don't have it yet though.

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Any PSP that CAN make a Pandora Battery to flash CFW, SHOULD make one, rather than flash direct with Recovery Flasher.

So in the instances i mentioned (TA-085's and PSP 1000's) i'd use Chickhen to launch OSPBT and convert my battery to a Pandora, make a MMS with Rains Ultralite installer and flash 5.00M33-4 using that. Update to 5.00M33-6 as usual and then with Rain's IPL and MS tools a TM IPL can then be injected to allow the Pandora to work as normal.

I also disagree with your statement about M33 being very outdated as you know....if it was very outdated it wouldn't play everything GEN does...and not have random older game and PSX problems...
Could you direct me to a guide for flashing with a pandora battery than?

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to check the motherboard before trying to install any CFW otherwise you could brick. Some PSP 2000s have an unhackable motherboard which is unpandorable and if you try to install GEN-D3 will be completely bricked so instead needs 5.03 GEN-C

Its all in Dean's guide so read it through properly checking all correct places...

What was the point in us having the hacking guides, people always ask questions anyway
frown.gif

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
You need to check the motherboard before trying to install any CFW otherwise you could brick. Some PSP 2000s have an unhackable motherboard which is unpandorable and if you try to install GEN-D3 will be completely bricked so instead needs 5.03 GEN-C

Its all in Dean's guide so read it through properly checking all correct places...

What was the point in us having the hacking guides, people always ask questions anyway
frown.gif
I don't have a PSP 2000.

I have a 1000.

Also my firmware is the newest so I can't check the mobo anymore I think

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
All PSP 1Ks are fully hackable...
Also, I thought you was on 3.XX? You updated already?

Use the Pandora guide when you get your Pandora back...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
There is no need to update to GEN if you're happy using a PC application first...
There is if you want to be legit AND have homebrew like some do, but you're right. Let's not start

And my last post was supposed to be for sfg, sorry to confuse you DuskGold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1