OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I was given a PSP1000,

All i know is that at some point it did have CFW, possibly a 5.50 M33 , was told they tried to downgrade it to a 1.50 OFW , no recovery menu when right trigger is held down and powered on.

The green power led turns on but no display or sound.

Same symptoms when power cable and no battery is used.

It sounds like it is bricked and i need a pandora battery to fix it.
I do not have a compatible battery to make one or a spare, can anybody suggest where i can buy either a spare battery that i can convert or a service tool battery that i can buy anywhere?

Seems like they are now out of stock everywhere.

Thankyou for all your advice!

Last edited by retroisbest,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, no OFW has a recovery menu :)

I am not familiar with the wide variety of 3rd party batteries (though the one I saw disassembled on Instructables has an actual eeprom chip instead of COB "black blobs"), but a side effect of disconnecting the EEPROM on a battery is that the serial number will default to FFFFFFFF, which happens to be the defining factor of a Pandora!

Datel's orange TOOL batteries are more expensive than original Sony ones - and they have most likely spent over 9 years fully discharged, don't bother (although capacity doesn't really matter for Pandora use - you can connect a charger after a couple of seconds)

retroisbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I bit the bullet and bought a pandora battery, only place was eBay, cost me 25 quid!

When I plugged the battery In no led came in, so I tried turning it on and still no led, thinking it was out of charge I plugged by charger in only for the led to turn orange but blinking about 1 per second.

What does the blinking orange led mean? If I plug a normal psp battery in it stays solid.

Any advice would be grateful

Yes, no OFW has a recovery menu :)

I am not familiar with the wide variety of 3rd party batteries (though the one I saw disassembled on Instructables has an actual eeprom chip instead of COB "black blobs"), but a side effect of disconnecting the EEPROM on a battery is that the serial number will default to FFFFFFFF, which happens to be the defining factor of a Pandora!

Datel's orange TOOL batteries are more expensive than original Sony ones - and they have most likely spent over 9 years fully discharged, don't bother (although capacity doesn't really matter for Pandora use - you can connect a charger after a couple of seconds)

Last edited by retroisbest,

retroisbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so after much reading I'm coming to the conclusion that the flashing orange light indicates the battery is dead and can no longer hold a charge, going to wire a spare battery cell onto the pandora PCB and see it that will work.

I'm determined to revive this psp lol

Ok so I bit the bullet and bought a pandora battery, only place was eBay, cost me 25 quid!

When I plugged the battery In no led came in, so I tried turning it on and still no led, thinking it was out of charge I plugged by charger in only for the led to turn orange but blinking about 1 per second.

What does the blinking orange led mean? If I plug a normal psp battery in it stays solid.

Any advice would be grateful

retroisbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just another update,
I removed the pandora PCB and soldered another battery to it,
was very relieved to see it auto power on and reading my magic MMS created with pspgrader v0.8
Now back at 5.00 M33!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1