Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay this happened out of the blue, and my psn was working perfectly the day before this happened. This problem has been going on for 3 days. I have tried switching my PS3 on and off many times...
I start up my PS3 and I have auto log in on. Usually, I am instantly logged into psn within 5 seconds, now its taking about 20. Eventually when it logs in it shows on my friend list 0 people are online. (I have 30 friends). Then it very slowly shows who is online. It doesnt show my full friends list for about 5mins. Even after that the little avatars by the profiles are missing it just has that symbol (refresh thing) by their profiles. This never usually happens. The main issue is when I try to play online on my games it wont connect. For example it stays on "connecting" on Uncharted 2 forever until I have to quit the game.
This is really annoying now. I thought it would be fine after a day but the problem hasnt gone. So can anybody please advise me on any ways I can get this fixed?
Thanks in advance

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still have the issue, it doesnt seem to be with the router. Its really getting annoying now randomly I get signed out of PSN. Also when games need updates it takes like 1 hour for them when it should be like 5-10 mins.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to confirm it for certain, have you connected the PS3 to the router with a cable? Try that. Sometimes you can get interference - such as a neighbour with a new piece of kit on the same frequency. I know the PS3 is quite sensitive to that. Easy to fix though.

Also, have you set up the correct ports on the router for the PS3? Once these are set the connection improves a lot, might improve the error checking and fix it as well:

80 - TCP
443 - TCP
5223 - TCP
3478 - UDP
3479 - TCP

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XWolf said:
Just to confirm it for certain, have you connected the PS3 to the router with a cable? Try that. Sometimes you can get interference - such as a neighbour with a new piece of kit on the same frequency. I know the PS3 is quite sensitive to that. Easy to fix though.

Also, have you set up the correct ports on the router for the PS3? Once these are set the connection improves a lot, might improve the error checking and fix it as well:

80 - TCP
443 - TCP
5223 - TCP
3478 - UDP
3479 - TCP
Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I will try all of these things.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay I have the correct ports and everything. Still the same issues. Its so random, Friday I have issues, Saturday its okay, Sunday I have these problems, Monday its fine, and today its messed up again.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No intention of bumping this thread, but what it seems to me is that it is a major bandwidth issue.

I mean like your saying its working one day but not the other, check if anyone n your network is doing any MASS downloading

Or maybe your ISP is throttling your speeds?

this used to happen to me during peek times, same exact thing, and also when someone else would use the internet connection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-