PSN "backups" ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Quincy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Quincy
    OP

Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Your house, robbing your stuff
    Hi folks, so I've been wondering since I jumped back nto this scene (From 5.00 M33-6 to Pro - B9), has there been a way to play "backed up" psn games?

DISCLAIMER: Yes I am a pirate, big fucking deal. I'm just asking a question so I don't want that "OMG PIRATE PIRATE F U PIRATE ILLEGAL" shit. Tyvm.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    there PSN games that have been converted to ISO format
    and they run on CFW

3. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    Should work like any other game, I've used dumps.

4. Just Another Gamer

Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Feb 29, 2012
    Watching Hibarigasaki's starry sky
    Should work normally if you have CFW on your PSP. They'll probably be in .iso or .cso format.

5. Jetowa

Jetowa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    Louisiana, USA
    Popsloader is another way to boot them, as you can you a variety of gui's to convert regular psx iso files into packages which can be loaded through the popsloader plugin via cfw

6. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes. IT depends on what kind of game it is though. PSP games (including Minis) have to be converted to iso/cso first by the person who originally bought it and can be run like any iso. For PSX games all you need is the keys.bin in addition to the eboot.bin and document.dat. When someone first runs an official PSX game downloaded from PSN on CFW the firmware will create the keys.bin file for that game. In that case, you just copy eboot.bin, document.dat, and keys.bin to the correct folder and run it the same way as a converted game. Also note that the later Pro firmwares (just get B10) let you use custom document.dat manual files even if the PSX game is an official PSN version (M33/Gen can't do that).