Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi folks, so I've been wondering since I jumped back nto this scene (From 5.00 M33-6 to Pro - B9), has there been a way to play "backed up" psn games?

DISCLAIMER: Yes I am a pirate, big fucking deal. I'm just asking a question so I don't want that "OMG PIRATE PIRATE F U PIRATE ILLEGAL" shit. Tyvm.

Jetowa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popsloader is another way to boot them, as you can you a variety of gui's to convert regular psx iso files into packages which can be loaded through the popsloader plugin via cfw

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, so I've been wondering since I jumped back nto this scene (From 5.00 M33-6 to Pro - B9), has there been a way to play "backed up" psn games?

DISCLAIMER: Yes I am a pirate, big fucking deal. I'm just asking a question so I don't want that "OMG PIRATE PIRATE F U PIRATE ILLEGAL" shit. Tyvm.

Yes. IT depends on what kind of game it is though. PSP games (including Minis) have to be converted to iso/cso first by the person who originally bought it and can be run like any iso. For PSX games all you need is the keys.bin in addition to the eboot.bin and document.dat. When someone first runs an official PSX game downloaded from PSN on CFW the firmware will create the keys.bin file for that game. In that case, you just copy eboot.bin, document.dat, and keys.bin to the correct folder and run it the same way as a converted game. Also note that the later Pro firmwares (just get B10) let you use custom document.dat manual files even if the PSX game is an official PSN version (M33/Gen can't do that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi