PSN accounts changing to Sony Entertainment Network

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ONTOPIC: I think this is a fantastic move - this way, Sony cuts off even more from their PSN fiasco and soon enough people will forget it ever happened
until lulsec hack it too :P
Lulzsec is f*cking dead, what's on them internetz right now are some portugese copy-cats who revived the name but have nothing to do with the group.

That, and Sony pimped up the defenses.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the name change must have some reason to it.
It's an odd thing to do to just change a network's name, without making a new system or something first.
Maybe PSN makes everyone think of the PSN hack incident and they thought a rename would fix the negativity?
It could also be just because they want to have everything interconnected. Like prowler_'s post says, everything is about entertainment with Sony, maybe some new feature will be coming up that interconnects different Sony products?

umm... I didn't say that dude. That's a FireGrey quote...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well the name change must have some reason to it.
It's an odd thing to do to just change a network's name, without making a new system or something first.
Maybe PSN makes everyone think of the PSN hack incident and they thought a rename would fix the negativity?
It could also be just because they want to have everything interconnected. Like prowler_'s post says, everything is about entertainment with Sony, maybe some new feature will be coming up that interconnects different Sony products?

umm... I didn't say that dude. That's a FireGrey quote...
Oops! Totally was! Fixed...ha.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^ thanks for clearing that up

In this case it will be the simply re-accepting of the TOS i suppose when we sign in again - not really a TOS, just probably accepting a notification or something

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For those who are too lazy to read it, this states:

A) There is no actual name-change
B) There is a new entity called Sony Entertainment Network
C) This entity is a combination of various Sony services

Still, quite nice that all of them will be under the same management. Definatelly better then a mess of numerous services without a single banner.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like they're following Microsoft's lead in trying to push the console as a multimedia device not only focused on gaming. If that is the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if that will affect how their next console (whatever it ends up being) turns out.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does nobody seed this:

Sen sony entertainment network

Nes nintendo entertainment system

0.o still I hope that Sony does not want us to pay a monthly fee for online play out of sudden.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does nobody seed this:

0.o still I hope that Sony does not want us to pay a monthly fee for online play out of sudden.

Doubtful, it's one of the only edges they have over Xbox. Even then PSN SEN as it is (meaning standard subscription, not Plus) is not as good as Xbox Live. Charge for online and people probably wouldn't have an issue with buying the cheaper costing Xbox 360 with better online for the same fee.

Plus pay-to-play online gaming will probably be gone by the next generation, it's rather unpopular. If next gen's Xbox and Playstation are around the same price point and you have to pay for Xbox Live then I can definitely see some issues.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Does nobody seed this:

Doubtful, it's one of the only edges they have over Xbox. Even then PSN SEN as it is (meaning standard subscription, not Plus) is not as good as Xbox Live. Charge for online and people probably wouldn't have an issue with buying the cheaper costing Xbox 360 with better online for the same fee.

Plus pay-to-play online gaming will probably be gone by the next generation, it's rather unpopular. If next gen's Xbox and Playstation are around the same price point and you have to pay for Xbox Live then I can definitely see some issues.
Why do I think Microsoft will continue to charge for Live services?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do I think Microsoft will continue to charge for Live services?

They probably will until they can't. They certainly haven't been making friends with it. I really enjoy their online services but some of the stuff is ridiculous. I pay like $8/month for Netflix. In order to access it on the Xbox, I need to pay $5/month for Live. If I also wanted Hulu Plus, that's another $5/month. Then they decide to plaster advertisements EVERYWHERE on the Xbox Dashboard, even for Gold subscribers. Usually a benefit to subscribing to, well, anywhere is NO ADS.

For all this, what do I get in return? Basic functions that should be included without payment (like online play and joining parties), access to things I already pay for separately and therefore should not need to pay more for access, and some weekly "deals" which are far from impressive. You make a Steam account and you have access to tons of deals every week. For a service you don't pay for. You pay for Xbox Live and you get like one deal a week. There's no sweeping general discounts (like 10% off all online purchases or some shit like that). PSN Plus (now SEN Plus?) offers much better rewards.

If they really stick to pay-to-play and I don't have to pay 599 US dollahs for a Playstation next gen, then I'll be casting off Microsoft consoles and joining the Playstation side of the console gaming fence. Or just use a PC.

Reactions: 4 people

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does nobody seed this:

That was in the first post until Raulpica removed it.

Oh sorry if it is too spam like, right I reported my own post for my own sake. Yes I am pretty shocked about this, I don't like to get warned. :)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does nobody seed this:

Oh sorry if it is too spam like, right I reported my own post for my own sake. Yes I am pretty shocked about this, I don't like to get warned. :)
No need to do it, hopefully people won't bicker about it anymore :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Does nobody seed this:

HERE COMES PINKIE TO RUIN THE DAY!

jk

OnTopic, I've been reading a bit about this and am now getting mixed reports...some people are saying the SEN is a whole separate service from PSN, others saying SEN is replacing PSN. Can somebody like...clear this up so I can make fun of the wrong people?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does nobody seed this:

jk

OnTopic, I've been reading a bit about this and am now getting mixed reports...some people are saying the SEN is a whole separate service from PSN, others saying SEN is replacing PSN. Can somebody like...clear this up so I can make fun of the wrong people?

Thank god your here pinkie! :D Yeah why not.

@Raulpica Thanks mate :) That calmed me a lot.(Yeah I can worry a lot.)

I think it will combine PSN en SEN in one. Sony will just not use the name PSN anymore. Like PSN+new faster network for all Sony stuff=SEN! Do you get my logic?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Does nobody seed this:

jk

Thank god you're here pinkie! :D Yeah why not.

@Raulpica Thanks mate :) That calmed me a lot.(Yeah I can worry a lot.)

I think it will combine PSN en SEN in one. Sony will just not use the name PSN anymore. Like PSN+new faster network for all Sony stuff=SEN! Do you get my logic?
lrn2grammar.

Gotcha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...