Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got-banned-today user here, wasn't using SX OS. Everything I did that could be considered a ToS breach was done in Airplane mode with the access point physically turned off. Woke up to a 2124-4007.
My guess is HBL and LayeredFS crash logs being sent to Nintendo (despite having been turned off in System Settings).
Oh well, what you gonna do.
Wait..What the heck? Where are those crash logs stored? Nintendo is uploading and eavesdropping user data to find people to ban? How is that not a privacy breach?
Edit: NVM. Maybe those are inside a generic kernel crash dump that is being sent to N normally. Still think there should be an option to let user decide whether to send crash report or not. Really seems that N is going out of their ways to ban people. Well. I guess now devs have to pay attention to clean up their shit after crash lol.

Last edited by 0x64,

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except there's been cases where the second Switch using the same NNID as the one used on the modified Switch also got banned.

But... w-why? Why would someone go through the effort of buying a 2nd switch for modding, but then use the same NNID as their main console? Are people really that stupid? Please tell me this is fake news.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a feeling Nintendo was going to be much more aggressive on hackers this time around, very glad to be holding off as I watch and learn how they are supposedly tracking down hackers. After a year or two I may try hacking my Switch, but only after its clear that we have a strong idea of what we can and can not do. I know people want to say that we do know for sure what we can and can't do, but I think its still far too soon to be sure of that at all in my opinion.

Nappa

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got banned today.

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 300
Reactions: Rizzorules

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait..What the heck? Where are those crash logs stored? Nintendo is uploading and eavesdropping user data to find people to ban? How is that not a privacy breach?
Edit: NVM. Maybe those are inside a generic kernel crash dump that is being sent to N normally. Still think there should be an option to let user decide whether to send crash report or not. Really seems that N is going out of their ways to ban people. Well. I guess now devs have to pay attention to clean up their shit after crash lol.
There is one, actually.
Conveniently for them, it also seems to be pretty much ignored by the system.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
But... w-why? Why would someone go through the effort of buying a 2nd switch for modding, but then use the same NNID as their main console? Are people really that stupid? Please tell me this is fake news.
It's not. I saw a thread recently where a guy had three consoles; one for homebrew, one for backup loading, and another one for vanilla use. All three got banned because he was using the same account on all three.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters