Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I guess they won't mind spending hundreds of dollars on another 3DS, that is on the latest firmware which prevents them from having CFW again. Because most likely by the time they realize they need to switch, it's too late and a bug bricks their system, or an update shuts down the CFW. Either way, last moment will be too late, considering a noob won't do anything until the shit hits the fan and costs them their 3DS/CFW completely. Proactive is less expensive than reactive, in this case.
Not really. If they update their emuNAND then they will just be unable to boot rxTools and will have to switch, no harm done.
If they somehow updated their sysNAND that would be a different matter, but that can happen with any CFW when you're not using A9LH (though it's unlikely to happen by accident if they're at least using menuhax autoboot)

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
50 people have started viewing this thread. I only posted it 30 minutes ago. It's small, but it shows people are looking. If I can get at least one person to finally stop using RXTools, then this thread has served it's purpose.

The 50 people are probably all Nintendo employees trying to see what bugs need to be fixed for the new system update.
Why do you not make it easy for them and tell them how to kill the sky3ds in the same thread?

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, earlier threads had a lot of hating from rxtools+mset fanboys, I'm surprised that they didn't came into this thread [emoji14]

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 50 people are probably all Nintendo employees trying to see what bugs need to be fixed for the new system update.
Why do you not make it easy for them and tell them how to kill the sky3ds in the same thread?
Well, actually Nintendo should have figured that out like 6 updates ago. So apparently they've come down with a case of stupid recently.

Well, earlier threads had a lot of hating from rxtools+mset fanboys, I'm surprised that they didn't came into this thread [emoji14]
I want them to come to my thread, I am ready for them. I've seen every excuse at this point and it's time someone tackled this issue head on.

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, this mean that i can still use rxTools on my N3ds xl Galaxy version without problem?.
Thank you.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. There's no reason to continue using it when there's plenty of better options out there. Literally any CFW+Decrypt9 will get the same results, plus be far more stable.

shadow910512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
some of my 3ds were using rxtools before and 2 of those were using mset exploit
but i switched all of them to A9LH + luma after the ctrtransfer method got released
it is by far easier than the old method and i still get to keep my games and savedata
as pointed in op luma cfw is by far safer than the outdated rxtools and its easy to switch too
if i can do it why not you

D

Deleted User

Y'know that sky3ds stopped working with latest games right?

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These kinds of people can't be reasoned with or bothered to change anything. The only solution is to leave them behind and let them catch up on their own so we don't have to waste time helping people that can't be helped.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll stop using RXTools when and if it's ever needed not because some fanboys of custom firmwares (HTF such a thing even exists?) are telling me to when there's no reason right now.

Reactions: Tony_93

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll stop using RXTools when and if it's ever needed not because some fanboys of custom firmwares (HTF such a thing even exists?) are telling me to when there's no reason right now.

RXTools is seriously out of date it's not supported anymore nor is it being updated

Reactions: Deleted User

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Crazy, doesn't RXTools still have bugs like the 3D screen not initializing correctly on boot and you have to turn it off/on or sleep/unsleep, that alone would bug me to move onto something that worked, maybe it was just a N3DS problem? I know I changed CFW from RX back when that got fixed.

But now you have Luma with Region Emulation which is top! ah well, as most others have said, people won't move till they are forced to even if its a matter of throwing a few files on the SD and changing a few lines in a Boot Manager on Menuhax.

I'm just glad at some point I went SCREW IT! and got AL9H over with, did 4 devices after I had tested it out the process on one, and that was before the even safer stuff came along.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Crazy, doesn't RXTools still have bugs like the 3D screen not initializing correctly on boot and you have to turn it off/on or sleep/unsleep, that alone would bug me to move onto something that worked, maybe it was just a N3DS problem? I know I changed CFW from RX back when that got fixed.

But now you have Luma with Region Emulation which is top! ah well, as most others have said, people won't move till they are forced to even if its a matter of throwing a few files on the SD and changing a few lines in a Boot Manager on Menuhax.

I'm just glad at some point I went SCREW IT! and got AL9H over with, did 4 devices after I had tested it out the process on one, and that was before the even safer stuff came along.

Not to mention the N3DS clock speed and GBA stuff with Luma

Reactions: Deleted User

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think if another cfw can be booted with mset, some hardcore rxtool user will try and stay with that cfw.
Knowing some people that dont wont to autoboot into a cfw or a bootmanager, or have to reboot the 3ds to enter the cfw - so menuhax/a9lh is out.
Two are on 9.2 with downgraded Systemsettings just to keep the mset entrypoint :rofl2:.

And well, which 'new' cfw supports mset? Luma doesnt and afaik the devs have no plans to change that.

I'm happy with my a9lh luma3ds setup :yaynds: and recommend always that setup but what will i do

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if another cfw can be booted with mset, some hardcore rxtool user will try and stay with that cfw.
Knowing some people that dont wont to autoboot into a cfw or a bootmanager, or have to reboot the 3ds to enter the cfw - so menuhax/a9lh is out.
Two are on 9.2 with downgraded Systemsettings just to keep the mset entrypoint :rofl2:.

And well, which 'new' cfw supports mset? Luma doesnt and afaik the devs have no plans to change that.

I'm happy with my a9lh luma3ds setup :yaynds: and recommend always that setup but what will i do
mset is dying out. people need to be moving from it. the longer someone stays with it, the less support they will get until eventually virtually nobody will (or even can) help them, therefore they would need to fix problems themselves. Luma3DS shouldn't support mset, purely so people don't stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk