Hacking PSA: Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS (partially) through new anti-piracy checks in their upcoming games

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there a way to remove the ap?
No. If there was, then we wouldn't have problems with new releases.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Style Boutique, Stella Glow and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon all have AP.

Sky 3DS had a good run.

Lol naw man. Im playing Stella Glow USA on the 3DS ;)

All hail HANS. Ripping out the english content and replacing it in a japanese romfs dump = USA Goodness

Reactions: duwen

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so now the pattern has changed. not limited to only 1st party games, any newer game may have AP flag. i used to believe mhx won't have AP due to being a 3rd party game, but now i'm afraid i was wrong.
also seeing stella glow jp with no AP, then got AP after localized, we can no longer expect promised localized old jp games to not have AP too like yokai watch. so expect ff explore, bravely second, dq7&9 to have it.
sky is a good cubic ninja replacement.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

The site calls claims without actual proof and the content is absolute bullshit. Just reading this gives me cancer.

We can play newer 3ds games with Nintendo’s New Anti Piracy check by sky3ds for now. Cited news from a member in gbatemp forum.

From a member? I like how it doesn't cite who mentioned it and without actual proof and turns to saying that we can play new AP games and straight up becomes a copy paste of an installation guide to Ninjhax 2.5 from Smealums site.

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: trsoares

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so now the pattern has changed. not limited to only 1st party games, any newer game may have AP flag. i used to believe mhx won't have AP due to being a 3rd party game, but now i'm afraid i was wrong.
also seeing stella glow jp with no AP, then got AP after localized, we can no longer expect promised localized old jp games to not have AP too like yokai watch. so expect ff explore, bravely second, dq7&9 to have it.
sky is a good cubic ninja replacement.

I have to ask, what made you think it was going to be limited to 1st party games?

Reactions: gamefan5

vgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"The site calls claims without actual proof and the content is absolute bullshit. Just reading this gives me cancer.

We can play newer 3ds games with Nintendo’s New Anti Piracy check by sky3ds for now. Cited news from a member in gbatemp forum.

From a member? I like how it doesn't cite who mentioned it and without actual proof and turns to saying that we can play new AP games and straight up becomes a copy paste of an installation guide to Ninjhax 2.5 from Smealums site."

It's based on that one dude who said it worked while bitching about piracy, then after lots of demand produced a shoddy video with cubic ninja already loaded, running some game.
Nobody in that thread could reproduce it though and I think that guy was banned for it because he was probably trolling. It was speculated the guy was running it on a 9.2 3ds which defeats the whole purpose of owning a sky3ds to begin with.

not sure if I'm allowed to link to it though:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hans-bypasses-the-new-ap-check-for-sky3ds-users.400851/

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
"The site calls claims without actual proof and the content is absolute bullshit. Just reading this gives me cancer.

From a member? I like how it doesn't cite who mentioned it and without actual proof and turns to saying that we can play new AP games and straight up becomes a copy paste of an installation guide to Ninjhax 2.5 from Smealums site."

It's based on that one dude who said it worked while bitching about piracy, then after lots of demand produced a shoddy video with cubic ninja already loaded, running some game.
Nobody in that thread could reproduce it though and I think that guy was banned for it because he was probably trolling. It was speculated the guy was running it on a 9.2 3ds which defeats the whole purpose of owning a sky3ds to begin with.

not sure if I'm allowed to link to it though:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hans-bypasses-the-new-ap-check-for-sky3ds-users.400851/
Oh I remember him wasn't he the same guy who was banned for the SHOCK3DS cart lol

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have to ask, what made you think it was going to be limited to 1st party games?
because of the early pattern. fe if, ac hhd. newer games between and after them has no AP, if they are 3rd party games. only recently non 1st party games have AP, stella glow us and shovel knight retail.

Last edited by honyo29,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
because of the early pattern. fe if, ac hhd. newer games between and after them has no AP, if they are 3rd party games. only recently non 1st party games have AP, stella glow us and shovel knight retail.

I have a feeling that nintendo franchied games plus "saved" games would have AP (Stella Glow, company went downhill during the US release and not during the Japanese one) . Shovel Knight is a full on Nintendo franchised game now because they've started making Amiibo figures for it, That's when you know that it's going down. MHX will definitely have it because now Nintendo and MH popularity in the west recently, Nintendo has finally taken Capcom seriously.

It's a given fact too that all upcoming games who's characters are in smash, is a 100% AP game.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well you have to understand, in order to prevent piracy "as a whole" it has to be used buy all game developers, not just Nintendo themselves...

Reactions: Zidapi

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no, thats just standard in all things like that, nintendo know exactly what AP they have in the pipeline, so they can get their games manufactured at the same time......its like if you made a new anti pickpocket device ofc you would have access to it first even if you put it out immediately for everyone to buy you still have it first as it starts off in your possession, it was the same deal with 7.x rom encryption, first 4/5 games using it were nintendo first party titles with all third party titles from the same time not using it, then it appeared on a few third party titles but with some games still popping up with pre-7.x encryption (no doubt these games were just manufactured before the whole 7.x encryption hit the presses but didn't get released until a later date), then it was on everything by default

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too big of a deal atm considering all the older games sky3ds owners have to play. Just have to buy a small portion of games now with the new ap protection thats all.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo