Hacking PSA: Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS (partially) through new anti-piracy checks in their upcoming games

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
No. It's only possible if there's been a version released that doesn't have AP on it; every regions version of LoZTFH has AP.
I think there might be some way around it. Like there has to be a really stupid combination that overlooks the check. I had a thought like, what if you burned an AP game like ACHHD who's template we have. Then have the HANS version of it too would it be possible to get it working. Probably just a theory.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think there might be some way around it. Like there has to be a really stupid combination that overlooks the check. I had a thought like, what if you burned an AP game like ACHHD who's template we have. Then have the HANS version of it too would it be possible to get it working. Probably just a theory.
Pretty sure that wouldn't work, as the AP check would be called from the cart (ie Sky3ds) and not the romfs via Hans... plus all region versions of ACHHD have the AP.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Stella glow reverse undub trick can only be done when the game has a version without ap. (Keep your Ff explorer, dq 7&8 jpn rom if you plan to play the english ver on sky in the future)

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In that case, this may be of interest to you; http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-use-rom-hacks-on-10-2-with-hans.1397737/
You can obviously skip the steps to strip out the bytes in HxD.
I've used this method to create Hans versions of Stella Glow Undub, Bravely Default Uncensored, Persona Q Undub, Code of Princess Undub, and a few others. All work with legit carts and Sky3ds.

Wait, what is this exactly? A way to play rom hacks on Sky 3DS?

Can I play Rutile/Star Pokémon using this method?

PS: Still waiting for someone to make a Style Boutique patch, c'mon people! :P

EDIT: Just some additional info, I have homebrew installed prior to the launch of HANS, and I'm on 10.3. (Yo-kai Watch forced me to update! lol)

Last edited by Comedor,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sky3DS new flashcard.

I advice everyone to avoid buying this Sky3DS until we know how does it work: If Nintendo can just change the AP "position" in the rom and break this Sky3DS, it would be just a temporary product...
Maybe we will find a way to just launch roms on the old sky3DS... Wait and see!

It seems that this sky3DS+ is updatable so maybe Nintendo won't be able to do anything against it. We don't need a template anymore, we can now create cfg file... Let's see, but this Sky3DS+ may be the product as it should have been released.

Last edited by Ekaitz,

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello here, i'm pretty new in this forum.
'was reading a few pages 'bout that new Sky3DS+ and something strange, when they talk 'bout the games supported, they still quote Fire Emblem IF, Animal Crossing HHD or Pokemon SMD, but never Zelda Triforce Heroes.
Is it possible that this game could still not be supported ?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello here, i'm pretty new in this forum.
'was reading a few pages 'bout that new Sky3DS+ and something strange, when they talk 'bout the games supported, they still quote Fire Emblem IF, Animal Crossing HHD or Pokemon SMD, but never Zelda Triforce Heroes.
Is it possible that this game could still not be supported ?

Doubt it, I don't think they had a reason to show every single game with this AP, even the Barbie game that has it... and they didn't show it.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Doubt it, I don't think they had a reason to show every single game with this AP, even the Barbie game that has it... and they didn't show it.
A video was uploaded yesterday from their end. Was posted on the thread. It works flawlessly with the new games. They showed the games that we would question the most and he even launched fire emblem if

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your reply.
It just a bit surprising that they never showed the Zelda opus working, as it's one of the main game quoted in AP protection discutions.
It's a bit less surprising that barbie is not listed too :]
i think i'll try this new Sky3DS+. Just have to find a good reseller... with good prices.

Fixay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Recently ordered a SKY 3DS+ from 3DScarduk.com.

Must admit I'm not entirely sure when this will arrive or if it's even available yet? SKY 3DS's website said "Release now 01/12/2015" but the item page said "Pre-Order"?

Went ahead and ordered anyway as I don't mind waiting, I will post some sort of review if it's helpful when it arrives

Thanks

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Recently ordered a SKY 3DS+ from 3DScarduk.com.

Must admit I'm not entirely sure when this will arrive or if it's even available yet? SKY 3DS's website said "Release now 01/12/2015" but the item page said "Pre-Order"?

Went ahead and ordered anyway as I don't mind waiting, I will post some sort of review if it's helpful when it arrives

Thanks

My partner ordered the Blue button one from them the other day (Yeah shitty timing there was looking to return it and order the new one until the what I'm about to say happened), Have they taken payment from you yet or has anyone else used them before? The reason I asked is because the total purchase should have been £64 and they took £72 for it, they claim it's transaction fees for overseas payment but I've never heard of this, more than 10% extra on fees with no mention anywhere of that being the case. Their payment comes under the name as a company in Beijing which they say is to get around the legal side of selling in the UK but I can't see why that incur such a large extra fee. I would assume if it was a fee for it to be down as a separate charge or at least have some mention of it somewhere in either transaction or the bank.

I'm currently emailing back and forth about this but no idea how is going to turn out, right now it looks like they're trying to take me for a ride and trying to see if anyone else has had this.

Last edited by G25900,

z10m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My partner ordered the Blue button one from them the other day (Yeah shitty timing there was looking to return it and order the new one until the what I'm about to say happened), Have they taken payment from you yet or has anyone else used them before? The reason I asked is because the total purchase should have been £64 and they took £72 for it, they claim it's transaction fees for overseas payment but I've never heard of this, more than 10% extra on fees with no mention anywhere of that being the case. Their payment comes under the name as a company in Beijing which they say is to get around the legal side of selling in the UK but I can't see why that incur such a large extra fee. I would assume if it was a fee for it to be down as a separate charge or at least have some mention of it somewhere in either transaction or the bank.

I'm currently emailing back and forth about this but no idea how is going to turn out, right now it looks like they're trying to take me for a ride and trying to see if anyone else has had this.

Same here. The price with shipping was £64 but my card was charged £68.43.
They did mention that the difference is due to currency exchange rate.
The best part is that I didn't get it yet and I don't need it anymore as I returned my N3DS and got O3DS with low fw but I doubt they will accept a return.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Same here. The price with shipping was £64 but my card was charged £68.43.
They did mention that the difference is due to currency exchange rate.
The best part is that I didn't get it yet and I don't need it anymore as I returned my N3DS and got O3DS with low fw but I doubt they will accept a return.

When did you order it? Their site says 4-5 days delivery but I'm guessing they take much longer if you already swapped your N3DS, they do say they accept returns too but they do charge you for doing so and you have to pay to ship it back, wouldn't surprise me if you end up losing more trying to return it with more of these transaction fees.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
When did you order it? Their site says 4-5 days delivery but I'm guessing they take much longer if you already swapped your N3DS, they do say they accept returns too but they do charge you for doing so and you have to pay to ship it back, wouldn't surprise me if you end up losing more trying to return it with more of these transaction fees.
At this rate it's more of a pre order than an available stock. If you choose to return it yeah the fees would be pretty big, this also counts for the fact that the product is now a used product, a safe assumption if it has already reached its destination

Fixay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yep they just took £82 from me, luckily I used mastercard and will be charging back
EDIT: Card came too £74 with shipping, but was charged £81.35

Currently not even responding to my emails

Hope you get it sorted!

Last edited by Fixay,

z10m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I paid with MasterCard as well but chargeback doesn't apply on purchases below £75.

Edit: it's actually £100

Last edited by z10m,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome