Hacking Discussion PSA: Do not update to a new firmware immediately (e.g. 6.0)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way guys, the firmware 6.0 that rolled out today is actually different than the one that leaked over 2 weeks ago so expect more things that we're initially confirmed to be broken, broken.

Reactions: Meriadoc

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way guys, the firmware 6.0 that rolled out today is actually different than the one that leaked over 2 weeks ago so expect more things that we're initially confirmed to be broken, broken.

The changes to account ownership verification is the big one. Seems like their going to actually and actively check the ownership of a digital game now, and dauth won't(?) generate an auth token if you don't own the title or if it hits a redundancy.

Depends on how they've coded it server side, it may only check for active tickets that are repeating or its going to verify the account connecting and the ticket the account should own to connect, and then check if that account is connected elsewhere with the same title/ticket.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey it's that new 3DS security protocol that would totally never be coming to the Switch because it was copied from the Switch in the first place. :rolleyes:

Edit: in fairness this is probably a bit different, and related to the new ability to install one digital purchase on multiple switches. However I think the end result is going to look very similar for CDNSP et al.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: Deleted User

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The changes to account ownership verification is the big one. Seems like their going to actually and actively check the ownership of a digital game now, and dauth won't(?) generate an auth token if you don't own the title or if it hits a redundancy.

Depends on how they've coded it server side, it may only check for active tickets that are repeating or its going to verify the account connecting and the ticket the account should own to connect, and then check if that account is connected elsewhere with the same title/ticket.
The only difference in 6.0 is the devmenu doesn’t work anymore nsp/xci versions which probably can be fixed apart from that everything else works as normal, even nsp’s install & work fine without any checks as you mentioned in your comment. Also all homebrew apps that I have tested works! The only check I have noticed on digital is the New Nintendo Online icon “nes/online software” which it would anyway to make sure your subscribtion to the service is active.

Edit: I forgot to mention there is an update also for the joycons now my right one is modded like many and it shows as not connected to the switch I did a connection reset on my joycons about 4 times and then it went back to normal just after and is working as it should I’m not sure what causes this but it is an issue. The update is not important but if you don’t update then you will have a constant nag.

My opinion is it’s well worth updating just on the back of cloud saving and that is amazing if you have over 250hrs. of Zelda and 400 moons on Mario Odyssey and your console has to go in for repairs, trust me it’s well worth it! and obviously online features the nes online feature is so good..

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: peteruk

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DevMenu is a loss for me, I like it. Use it often to delete older patches when new updates came out to save space.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion is it’s well worth updating just on the back of cloud saving and that is amazing if you have over 250hrs. of Zelda and 400 moons on Mario Odyssey and your console has to go in for repairs, trust me it’s well worth it! and obviously online features the nes online feature is so good..

Ugh, no.

If you're using a hacked console, use Checkpoint, get your save and put it in Dropbox or Google Drive. Nintendo Online cloud saves are (potentially) deleted when your sub lapses. Homebrew doesn't screw you over.

Also, lol at TX broken again. They'll never learn.

Reactions: tiliarou

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, no.

If you're using a hacked console, use Checkpoint, get your save and put it in Dropbox or Google Drive. Nintendo Online cloud saves are (potentially) deleted when your sub lapses. Homebrew doesn't screw you over.

Also, lol at TX broken again. They'll never learn.
SX is working fine just how it always has been. My opinion the cloud save option is way better. If you’re an online gamer then you will buy 12 months like me regardless of what it comes with so the cloud save option is a great bonus. I managed to buy my 12 months for about £10.70 I had 720 gold coins to spend so at last they came in handy! I thought I would never get to use them up.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: aerios169

rennyboggins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided I am going to go from my base firmware 4.10 to 5.1.0 instead of update to 6.0, because I just want to play some games and I use apps like devmenu. I will also never enable autorcm, it seems that is a bad idea as well as updating to 6.0 as of yet anyways

Last edited by rennyboggins,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX is working fine just how it always has been. My opinion the cloud save option is way better. If you’re an online gamer then you will buy 12 months like me regardless of what it comes with so the cloud save option is a great bonus. I managed to buy my 12 months for about £10.70 I had 720 gold coins to spend so at last they came in handy! I thought I would never get to use them up.

I rolled my eyes sooooooo hard my eye sockets cracked. Whatever you say, dude.

If you're defending TX, no wonder you're doing math gymnastics to justify paying for something you can already do for free with free homebrew.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I rolled my eyes sooooooo hard my eye sockets cracked. Whatever you say, dude.

If you're defending TX, no wonder you're doing math gymnastics to justify paying for something you can already do for free with free homebrew.
No I’m not on the defensive. I presume you thought sxos wasn’t working with the new 6.0 update, it is that’s all I meant unless I’m not understanding right?

Last edited by Reecey,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BUMP BUMP

THIS IS EXTREMELY RELEVANT NOW AS 6.0 IS OUT

PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE.

Or if you do, please search the forums before posting stuff doesn't work.

Kthnxbai

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We really should make a table, on the firmwares and what it is possible or not to do ( ex fat32,exfat), and know what works or does not work or no longer works on certain firmware, because we no longer know who to trust, example of a forum member or other
Ex since firmware 6.0 I notice a large battery drain (sxos? Or other?)
Devmenu no longer works?
And so on...
And what's this about erasing old maj with become? Proof of that? Free space before after?
I posted my point of view on the firmware 6.00 and a superbanned switch, on a thread, people don't understand...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-xe...6-0-compatibility.517002/page-13#post-8287429

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
...Oops.... Gloups...
Yes, share your results
For my case I don't need firmware 6.0 because I don't have any games that require it
And everything works perfectly.( 5.1.0 ofw)
Sx os pro ( sx os v1.9 )

Last edited by KHEOPS,

elfdood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Oops.... Gloups...
Yes, share your results
For my case I don't need firmware 6.0 because I don't have any games that require it
And everything works perfectly.( 5.1.0 ofw)
Sx os pro ( sx os v1.9 )

Mario Tennis Aces requires a system update with the latest game update

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok good information, even if for me this game is not in my top 50 games...so many Indies games to do...impossible to follow the flow of games that is coming, just in August and September...
I haven't finished 1 game yet
Zelda in progress, and xenoblade2....

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait, what? Newer patches don't overwrite previous ones?

I was suprised as well. They don‘t overwrite! If you check DevMenu you see all updates for each title and you can delete them separately.

I wonder why this is not adressed more often, found it out myself.

Reactions: Stone-D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?