PS5 UART commands

atlasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. I have error code 80830000 (Shutdown or Freeze After SAM_IPL Loaded - GDDR6 Data Line Issue (Replace)). Maybe someone have meet it? Should I start to replace all Ram ic’s or its something different?
Hi, I have the same error, were you able to solve it?

atlasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I found new errors on a ps5 with possible damaged ram (all) and damaged Apu, the console presented an error:

80830000LowShutdown or Freeze After SAM_IPL Loaded - GDDR6 Data Line Issue (Replace)

The new error codes :

808016F0 High Not found in list. Report Findings.

80801630 High Not found in list. Report Findings.

80801690 High Not found in list. Report Findings.

808016B0 High Not found in list. Report Findings.

I put a post explaining the non-repair of this PS5 on the channel, check it out in case it could be of help.

Share your findings, greetings.

Reactions: stetofix

BwE

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow this forum sucks, you guys steal my work and then delete my posts when I call it out. GOOD JOB!

gecko702

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all I've been reading these posts as I have an issue, you see I did the UART and came with that 8083000 IPL thing and RAM issues, yes it shuts down when turning on, all voltages are good, but thing is I did some power cycles, and not only turns on and off, but it stays pulsing blue, disc spins and no image, could it be still an APU problem? I'm thinking there could be liquid metal in the gaps in the small components in the APU die still, but I'm not sure if there's a short because of it. because I checked the capacitors that are underneath the APU that make the square shape and my multimeter beeps in continuity mode that all caps and both sides mark ground so could it a short caused by the liquid metal? Hmmmm but I actually cleaned those small components and indeed had LM on, not sure if I missed spots I'm hoping so but I did it several times and same thing or should I try something else? acetone? freeze spray? or that BW 100 spray?

stetofix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I normaly use IPA and a cotton swap to remove liquid metal. From Thermal Grizzly there is a Remover aceton-based.
If you had spilled liquid metal on the APU, I would make sure that no rest is left.

gecko702

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I normaly use IPA and a cotton swap to remove liquid metal. From Thermal Grizzly there is a Remover aceton-based.
If you had spilled liquid metal on the APU, I would make sure that no rest is left.
I've tried multiple times but no avail, not sure if there's tiny specs of the LM, I've used toothbrushes and Qtips and nada, I even added IPA underneath the APU so that in case there's some inside the solder balls, IDK if i don't scrub hard enough, but I think that LM is a byatch to get rid of

EDIT: what about regular acetone? is there any ingredients that are harmful to the PCB? and is it safe to pour a bit under the APU? but also in general to clean the MOBO?

atlasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've tried multiple times but no avail, not sure if there's tiny specs of the LM, I've used toothbrushes and Qtips and nada, I even added IPA underneath the APU so that in case there's some inside the solder balls, IDK if i don't scrub hard enough, but I think that LM is a byatch to get rid of

EDIT: what about regular acetone? is there any ingredients that are harmful to the PCB? and is it safe to pour a bit under the APU? but also in general to clean the MOBO?

I had a case like this, see my post. See failure in ram with thermal camera, .. but it is probably damaged apu. On ps5 there is a large percentage of damaged apu.

Reactions: gecko702

gecko702

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a case like this, see my post. See failure in ram with thermal camera, .. but it is probably damaged apu. On ps5 there is a large percentage of damaged apu.
Seems like my case too because I get another code that says APU not responding, because not only I get 2 second BLOD but it actually pulses blue infinite, I was thinking overheating the APU so that the solder would melt a bit back like the 360 red ring XD but nah might mess it more lol, I actually did that on an elite and is running fine with thermal grizzly paste to this day and did that method 2 years ago almost, anyways I'm guessing I'm SOL now

stetofix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Greetings everyone! PS5 slim edm-040. Is there a UART pinout?
EDM-04x_UART.png

Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1